X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
    MOD: Handbag comment round 3.
    MOD: Handbag comment round 4.
    Last edited by Bravo20; 6 April 2013, 17:13.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod
      Explain so why the IT's are being included in the syllabi for RDF career courses published only recently??(last 3 weeks)

As it should be.On both counts.If you join a GAA/rugby club etc you do alot of your own fitness on your own time as it is your own responsibilty.Team training is a different matter.You don't make the grade you don't get to play.

I would not be in favour of that.In the PDF if you fail the IT you go through a programme of remedial PT and re-testing.No one loses their job after the first fail.You have to give people some chance to pass.

That's shite.Why did they bother training up RDF PTL's so!
      ITs for career Cses as they mirror PDF Cses.

+1 on the repeat ITs (not something I had taught of) but we have 1 year to get to standard anyways

There is nothing like a block run for bonding!

Comment

• when i was in a barracks i called it my barraks? thats normal within the df i,d of taught?
        as for people who fail it,s in the pdf they get another chance , my opionin is if you fail because your lazy ie no injury your just an over weight waster then the big eye should be on you and you should be on the road to discharge or very least lose of msa
        again my taughts about the way the rdf it,s are been handled is the powers that be are doing nothin to help you and setting you up to fail or atleast a lot will fail and the powers will say"well we gave them it,s just like the pdf and they could not pass"
        seem very easy to slip onto the non effective list which i think is there plan.. get rid of the fat wasters then ride the good lads till they f**k of
        only my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
          MOD: Handbag comment round 4.
          Handbag comment round 5.
          Last edited by Bravo20; 6 April 2013, 17:14.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• ITs have never been compulsory for RDF.

You have to give people fair warning and put the enablers (medicals and testing that RDF can get access to without having to take a week of half days (min)) in place - without that you are willing people to fail!

The current TI has been progressing since the 1980s

Comment

• thats my piont they are willing you to fail

Comment

• the problem i have with it's is my knee's are shagged i can run short distance should lads like me then be told to feck off i have always been able to do wat is required of me excluding run a few miles
                and now there s talks of annual it's just to stay in
                i think they want the reserves gone full stop rather than using em for weekend work , holidays and emergency work
                who threw the smoke in the van

Comment

• It is a sad state of affairs when your cadre haven't a clue what's happening or where you are being posted 9 days after the supposed re-org!

Comment

• Well ex cadre then, the point is this re-org has been a disaster IMO. Some of the appointments I have seen so far seem to have gone on seniority as opposed to ability, there are lists floating around with a load of people missing off them, there are lads/lassies in no mans land and nobody seems to know what's happening.

You would be as well off pissing into the wind if you think RDFRA are of any use, their ADC was 2 weeks ago and nothing has been sent out from it since.

Rant over. I was looking forward to this new set up but I'm not so sure at the minute. Hopefully it all comes together in the next week or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by slapper View Post
                      the problem i have with it's is my knee's are shagged i can run short distance should lads like me then be told to feck off i have always been able to do wat is required of me excluding run a few miles
                      and now there s talks of annual it's just to stay in
                      i think they want the reserves gone full stop rather than using em for weekend work , holidays and emergency work
                      what age are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Infy View Post
                        It is a sad state of affairs when your cadre haven't a clue what's happening or where you are being posted 9 days after the supposed re-org!
                        At least you have been told where you are being posted. I am still waiting for that information.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                          At least you have been told where you are being posted. I am still waiting for that information.
                          I have been told nothing either Bravo20, only that they know as much as I do, ie nothing.

Comment

• appeal date runs out on april 14th lol todays the 9th
                            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                              appeal date runs out on april 14th lol todays the 9th
                              The Defence Forces Prides itself on its organisational Skills. Want a communications Container on the side of a mountain ? No problem! Get a letter from the printer to the doorstep.... Problem.

The person who the responsibility is on is the individual, if they received nothing they go through the Chain of Command.

Ill say this, in some units it has highlighted a broken chain where stuff just ends up in the toilet.
                              Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
                              Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Comment

• Originally posted by Cryos View Post
                                The Defence Forces Prides itself on its organisational Skills. Want a communications Container on the side of a mountain ? No problem! Get a letter from the printer to the doorstep.... Problem.

The person who the responsibility is on is the individual, if they received nothing they go through the Chain of Command.

Ill say this, in some units it has highlighted a broken chain where stuff just ends up in the toilet.
                                Two things:

1. since 31st March that chain of command no longer exists since some people in it are already posted and have paraded with new units

2. on contacting someone above you in your FORMER chain of command, dont be shocked when they tell you how even THEY dont know what theyre doing and that theyve received no word nor have the people above them. Im talking at 3 pips level. now if mr 3 pips doesnt know what he's doing, you really know you're in the sh*t.

My advice has been to contact the parent unit of whatever units you have applied to and see if you are on one of their lists.
                                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
                                X