Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
    Two things:

1. since 31st March that chain of command no longer exists since some people in it are already posted and have paraded with new units

2. on contacting someone above you in your FORMER chain of command, dont be shocked when they tell you how even THEY dont know what theyre doing and that theyve received no word nor have the people above them. Im talking at 3 pips level. now if mr 3 pips doesnt know what he's doing, you really know you're in the sh*t.

My advice has been to contact the parent unit of whatever units you have applied to and see if you are on one of their lists.
    Correct Unit structures technically dont exist, but as everyone was put into the big "Reassignment" pool the chain of command still follows. Three Pips should know, but Crossed swords defiantly do know.

Remember with the information that was provided that there is direct migration paths in place from the old unit formation to the new unit formation, where there is issues is as follows:

1.) Unit no longer exists, your chain of command is still valid untill reassignments, volunatary retirements and discharges happen to render your part of the pool null and void. In this case the owness is therefore on the reassignment board.

2.) Non effective, as previously communicated those who are on noneffective would need to write in and request consideration for removal from the non effective list.

Big cause for about 30-40% of non recipients is the fact that the Address sent to is incorrect; We teach people personal admin in the field, but when you move the house do you remember to inform everyone ? Not normally, some peoples driver licenses have addresses where they no longer live.

I dont contend the fact that there is people with 3 pips that probably dont know, most people of that level should be in full contact with their PDF officer colleagues or at least up as far as the fella with Two Swords and an aul pip. But alot of the time its because people dont bother; They would rather go "Ah jaysis larry i dont know whats going on" than pick up the phone and talk to the person that might know, or knows someone that know.

You cant argue that People of pips and swords dont know other people with pips and swords ? The entire RDF Officer ranks arent sitting at home and going "I wonder whats going on with this aul reorg boys".

Theres not that much deadwood left.
    Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
    Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Comment

• You would be as well off pissing into the wind if you think RDFRA are of any use, their ADC was 2 weeks ago and nothing has been sent out from it since.
      Apart from a list of new appointments to their NEC on the RDFRA Facebook page!An NEC representing a THREE brigade structure when the new RDF only has two brigades.Jobs for the boys I think.
      Ordinary members of RDFRA REALLY need to start asking some hard questions and fast!An absolute farce.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
        Apart from a list of new appointments to their NEC on the RDFRA Facebook page!An NEC representing a THREE brigade structure when the new RDF only has two brigades.Jobs for the boys I think.
        Ordinary members of RDFRA REALLY need to start asking some hard questions and fast!An absolute farce.
        The Minister has to change DFR S7 first.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
          The Minister has to change DFR S7 first.
          Then what was the point of having an election so?Would it not stand to reason that once he does a new election will have to be called as the NEC will not mirror the new structure.Will those elected step down and re submit their candidacies??Will they f**k! The election of a new NEC was timed to perfection.Get in before the changes so you have a position for the next three years that can't be challenged.
          FARCE!
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
            Think they won't be getting my money much longer.
            I knew a simple soldier boy.....
            Who grinned at life in empty joy,
            Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
            And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
            With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
            He put a bullet through his brain.
            And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
            Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
            Sneak home and pray you'll never know
            The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Main of the old NE had left so at this key time leadership was needed.

If I remember the last time S7 was changed correctly, there had to be a change to the RDFRA Constitution.

This required an SDC.

Comment

• ok straw poll : since things will change as things evolve i'll start a thread.
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sluggie View Post
                  what age are you?
                  only 27
                  who threw the smoke in the van

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure
                    The East Bde committee proposed a motion that as soon as S7 is changed, RDFRA's structure will change to reflect S7, with a new NEC to be voted in within 6 weeks. Despite being contested, the motion was passed. So there will most likely be another election this year.
                    And rightly so!It will remain to be seen.

Comment

• The future of the Army Reserve-Discuss

there isn't one.

Comment

• Anyone got any sort of idea what's going on?

Why have so many people not been given appointments when the places are available? What's being done to rectify this? Will there have to be a new re-assignment process, this time actually including everyone who submitted forms?

Someone is bound to know something along the lines of whats happening.

The amount of people that didn't get any appointment is crazy. No body I know who didn't get an appointment was inactive, or didn't get their forms back before the deadline. Perhaps forms mis-placed along the way? If that is the case, I wonder how that's going to be sorted out.

Hopefully someone here has some info.
                        SWEAT SAVES BLOOD

Comment

• Bump !

Comment

• After having a quick scan through that Dev it seems to me that what has being happening in the RDF is quite the opposite.

Comment

• ok i have a good one
                              most comdt positions are gone now but i have heard of one comdt appointment to a pdf unit
                              but there is alot of people just getting moved out or stuck somewhere they dont want to be or have no interest in being. i too can see the whole thing being washed out by attrition if some lads are lucky and useful i think they might be brought on full time like they did a few years ago and the rest will be retired ,heres your ticket good bye ,and thats without the big bird comments
                              who threw the smoke in the van

Comment

• Originally posted by slapper View Post
                                ok i have a good one
                                most comdt positions are gone now but i have heard of one comdt appointment to a pdf unit
                                Where are you getting the idea that Comdt positions are gone? There are plenty still there.

All the BQMSs and most of the BSMs (bar 1) are gone

Comment

Working...
                                X