No announcement yet.

The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sure we are all in platoons now sure there wont i dont no of any comp strength reserve units
    who threw the smoke in the van

Comment

• Originally posted by slapper View Post
      sure we are all in platoons now sure there wont i dont no of any comp strength reserve units
      Translation anyone?

Assuming you are saying "Sure we are all in platoons now, I do not know of any company strength reserve units"

Well firstly there are no reserve units any more. And if you do not know the strength of the reserve elements of DF units then maybe you are not in this organisation or if you are you better educate yourself a bit better. And I mean something more than spelling or grammer.
      Last edited by Bravo20; 12 April 2013, 23:36.

Comment

• Some are in platoons sure. Most are in larger units. M'learned bored friend is correct - there's only DF units now - Let's get rid of the P and the R.
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
          Translation anyone?

Assuming you are saying "Sure we are all in platoons now, I do not know of any company strength reserve units"

Well firstly there are no reserve units any more. And if you do not know the strength of the reserve elements of DF units then maybe you are not in this organisation or if you are you better educate yourself a bit better. And I mean something more than spelling or grammer.
          If you must criticise other's spelling, I'd suggest you check your own first.

Comment

• Since the reorg and the single force concept, I have noticed a real change of attitude towards the NSR , I really worry that we are for the chop in 3 years to. I think maybe it is a general staff thing. Hope I am wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by popeye View Post
              Since the reorg and the single force concept, I have noticed a real change of attitude towards the NSR , I really worry that we are for the chop in 3 years to. I think maybe it is a general staff thing. Hope I am wrong.
              I disagree. You were left mostly alone. As long as you remain as useful as you currently are your future is safe.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Centurion View Post
                If you must criticise other's spelling, I'd suggest you check your own first.
                Walked into that one, Bravo....
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                  Translation anyone?

eh i was half asleep writing that one
                  all i have seen and heard is speculation across the board about wat is happening, and from wat i have seen is that the reserves form a unit of platoon size within a pdf unit
                  i transfered from one corp to another during the re org my old unit and new unit as well a few other friends units are all only platoon size , so thats why i figured it was only all reserve platoons in pdf units
                  who threw the smoke in the van

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure
                    Well from what I'm hearing of the reorg and appointments, the future is very bleak for the RDF.

It seems the most recently qualified personnel with up to date training and skills are being sidelined on the basis of seniority. It's an absolute joke!

What happens to our lean, green and keen newly minted 2/Lts and Sgts who are waiting to fill dead mens' shoes? Will they be able to do ARPs and TOETs if they're not in a unit? Will they have a chance to remain effective while they wait to eventually replace the more "senior" people who'll inevitably prove they're not up for the job?

I didn't think there was a lower threshold with which to plunge the morale into, but the geniuses up top have masterminded a way to do so while consecutively undermining the credibility of the RDF hierarchy.
                    Seniority comes first in the DF in general, I really don't know why people expected the RDF to be any different.

Originally posted by slapper View Post
                    ok i have a good one
                    most comdt positions are gone now but i have heard of one comdt appointment to a pdf unit
                    but there is alot of people just getting moved out or stuck somewhere they dont want to be or have no interest in being. i too can see the whole thing being washed out by attrition if some lads are lucky and useful i think they might be brought on full time like they did a few years ago and the rest will be retired ,heres your ticket good bye ,and thats without the big bird comments
                    Well quite frankly, if they have no interest being somewhere, they know where the front gate is.

That was the option given to PDF troops who got moved during the re-org, the RDF shouldn't be any different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
                      Seniority comes first in the DF in general, I really don't know why people expected the RDF to be any different.

That has not been the case for a long time. The only advantage seniority gives if you have a longer time to build up the points to get promoted.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Generally seniority is only ever used last (all other things being equal)

Comment

• That's how it's supposed to be. From what I've seen personally though, I'd tend to disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
                            That's how it's supposed to be. From what I've seen personally though, I'd tend to disagree.
                            I'd agree with that !

Comment

• The criteria for assignment was as follows:
                              1) Is effective
                              2) Hold the substantive rank
                              3) Qualified to hold the relevant appointment
                              When all else is equal then it is seniority in rank and overall seniority

The problem is the qualifications for the appointments were never really defined. So a Lt who was commissioned 15 years ago holds the same qualification as a 2/Lt commissioned last year, so in that case the seniority rule applies. A cpl who did the standard course last year will not get a Sgt's appointment over a Sgt with the substantive rank who never did a standards course because rank trumps qualifications. Then you throw in the mix that most course results never made to any of your official documentation, then all it leaves is seniority.

Comment

• So a Lt who was commissioned 15 years ago holds the same qualification as a 2/Lt commissioned last year, so in that case the seniority rule applies.
                                has happened quite recently where a more qualified Lt ...by far was shafted on dates of commission by a far less qualified Lt.

Check out the list of redeployments, the junior person got the job!
                                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                                X