No announcement yet.

The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have glossed over the detail of point 3 which should have been the major criteria in deciding who got what.
    In the rush to produce any old list without bothering to review each candidate or even consult the rdf appointment board members, step 3 got canned.

1. Is currently not posted to the non effective list.

2. Where possible holds the substantive Rank of the appointment in question.

3. Unit Commanders recommendation as to suitability, experience and courses completed to perform satisfactorily in the relevant appointments sought

4. Where a number of candidates meet the requirement for the appointment as specified the Board will then consider in the following order:

(1) Length of Service in the Rank relevant to the appointment.

(2) Length of Service.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

• Originally posted by Archimedes View Post
      You have glossed over the detail of point 3 which should have been the major criteria in deciding who got what.
      In the rush to produce any old list without bothering to review each candidate or even consult the rdf appointment board members, step 3 got canned.

1. Is currently not posted to the non effective list.

2. Where possible holds the substantive Rank of the appointment in question.

3. Unit Commanders recommendation as to suitability, experience and courses completed to perform satisfactorily in the relevant appointments sought

4. Where a number of candidates meet the requirement for the appointment as specified the Board will then consider in the following order:

(1) Length of Service in the Rank relevant to the appointment.

(2) Length of Service.
      Except there was no space for it on the form (or for that matter address, phone number or email)!

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
        Except there was no space for it on the form (or for that matter address, phone number or email)
        Yup, I was wondering last night when I bumped into Trellheim why that had not been done...
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• lads yer all forgetting one thing its also a case of who you know ,back scratching and brown nosing go hand in hand
          who threw the smoke in the van

Comment

• The thing about point 3 is that on paper most people are the same. Unit commanders do not know enough about individuals to give a recommendation that is sufficiently detailed to distinguish one person from another. Also in cases where you have people coming from different units. Comdt D says Lt Y is an excellent bloke and Comdt C says 2/Lt Z is an excellent bloke. Lt Y did his course 15 years ago, 2/Lt didhislast year, on paper all things are the same except seniority.

Comment

• Well so far all I can see is a game of smoke and mirrors.

We lost our cadre. Everyone was banging on about how we would be doing without him blah blah blah.

Then we ifnd out he went to unit x to take up an appointment.
              He was then attached to our Bn.
              Nothing wrong there now.
              Untill talking to him last night I find out that he is attached to the bn to administer us.

In other words he is no longer cadre, no longer oficially in the unit but is still doing what he has been doing for the past 15 years.

Is this the future.
              Lots of moving people about but really nothing changing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Saab View Post
                Well so far all I can see is a game of smoke and mirrors.

We lost our cadre. Everyone was banging on about how we would be doing without him blah blah blah.

Then we ifnd out he went to unit x to take up an appointment.
                He was then attached to our Bn.
                Nothing wrong there now.
                Untill talking to him last night I find out that he is attached to the bn to administer us.

In other words he is no longer cadre, no longer oficially in the unit but is still doing what he has been doing for the past 15 years.

Is this the future.
                Lots of moving people about but really nothing changing?
                Except the BSM can now detail them as required

Comment

• Originally posted by kermit
                  Perhaps 2/Lt Z having a YOs course done, whereas Lt Y didn't bother his hole would have been a distinguishing factor?
                  Not required for the job so cannot be a deciding factor over seniority. Basically because the DF did not define what courses were required only the basic entry ones count. And of course your official record has to reflect that you actually did the course, this process had thrown up huge gaps in personnel records. Hence on paper everyone looks the same.
                  Last edited by Bravo20; 17 April 2013, 10:20.

Comment

• An RDFRA delegation are to brief a Joint Dáil Committee next Wednesday regarding the VFM Report.

I look forward to a certain IMO member trying to get lads made redundant.*

*Before anyone loses the plot, the above was meant in jest... Ish

Comment

• is there any top brass going with them?
                      i,d hate to think of them going there alone!
                      after all we are a single force now

Comment

• There's some merit in a DFORRA and an actually Representative Association of Commissioned Officers rather than the RACPDFO that exists currently.
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                          There's some merit in a DFORRA and an actually Representative Association of Commissioned Officers rather than the RACPDFO that exists currently.
                          It should happen.

I'd even argue that there should just be a DFRA, without two different groups for OR's and Officers. We're all in this together after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
                            An RDFRA delegation are to brief a Joint Dáil Committee next Wednesday regarding the VFM Report.

I look forward to a certain IMO member trying to get lads made redundant.*
                            It wont be the certain IMO member who will try that on(the jury is still out on that though).However the chairman of the sub committee who put together "that" document is one of the 3 reps going.Would love to be a fly on the wall.

*Before anyone loses the plot, the above was meant in jest... Ish
                            Before anyone loses the plot.I am not jesting.

Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
                            It should happen.

I'd even argue that there should just be a DFRA, without two different groups for OR's and Officers. We're all in this together after all.
                            Didn't certain members of RDFRA try broaching that with PDFORRA already?Without their former presidents say or knowledge? Led to a few resignations if I recall as the officer members of RDFRA were going to be left out in the cold.
                            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                              Before anyone loses the plot.I am not jesting.

Didn't certain members of RDFRA try broaching that with PDFORRA already?Without their former presidents say or knowledge? Led to a few resignations if I recall as the officer members of RDFRA were going to be left out in the cold.
                              Ah well in that case, there will be people there who want lads made redundant

As for RDFRA members broaching the idea with PDFORRA, I wouldn't have a clue to be honest. I just think it's indicative of a very big problem in the DF when we see the need for 3 different RA's.

Comment

• I ask at a RDFRA meeting about 10 years ago about them working together to get things that would benefit both.

I was nearly laughed out of the room, PDFORRA don't give a f about reservists.

In fairness, that is their remit.

PDFORRA wouldn't be required if officers (and possibly SNCOs) looked out for troops and if the Department, Minister and Government cared about the DF.

Comment

Working...
                                X