The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apod keep going you've nearly "disliked" every post on this page :D

If you were as butthurt about PDFORRA throwing the newer entrants under the bus and into FIS-land you'd all be better off.
    Last edited by The real Jack; 25 April 2013, 18:40.
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• No one is questioning the deployment cycle.
      just the 4000 troops "surplus to requirement" who you think are are not in one??

I think you fundamentally misunderstand Johnny Tax payer.
      Not really.i am one.So is everyone I know.

The PDF is at it's lowest strength in years, why would I want it decreased further?
      Never said you personally.And from my point i am not attacking YOU.however I am attacking your being an apologist for others who have dropped the rest of RDFRA in it.Straight up question on the open forum.Did you have any hand ,act or prior knowledge of the report that was put together for PAC??

Does that tinfoil hat not get itchy from time to time?
      Just because you are paronoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!!As the PAC submission proved.if i was spouting lies you could label me all you wont.But i am not.written document proves otherwise.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• sas what 100 bodies could the rdf supply for over seas??

Comment

• If you watch the RDFRA presentation, you'll see that RDFRA were quite supportive of the PDF.
          "You have to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back"

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
          APOD calm down with your witch hunt, RDFRA does not represent anywhere near all reservists, I know you have sand in your vagina but there is no concerted campaign to replace PDF with RDF.
          Why jack?Touching a nerve?pissing you off?Good.You would be pissed off too if you were on our side of the fence.Have you even read the document??If not PM me your email ,I would be glad to send it on.Then tell there was no concerted campaign.

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
          Apod keep going you've nearly "disliked" every post on this page :D

If you were as butthurt about PDFORRA throwing the newer entrants under the bus and into FIS-land you'd all be better off.
          How do you know I wasn't!There are lots of decisions that PDFRORRA NEC make that I don't agree with and neither do my comrades.BTW just so you know i was an RDFRA rep before some of the posters here were in the RDF/FCA.Back then we would NEVER have sunk so low as to try and shaft our comrades.New breed now i guess.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Maybe RDFRA are just taking example from their pdf counterparts

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post

Why jack?Touching a nerve?
              Because you're accusing me of having something to do with that waste of oxegen RDFRA, I have nothing to do with them! It is an insult to think that I would willingly give a cent to that useless shower to nothing all day and buy presents for the reps at their "ADC". In my subunit the only RDFRA member is the rep.....

Originally posted by apod View Post
              Have you even read the document??If not PM me your email ,I would be glad to send it on.Then tell there was no concerted campaign.
              I'm saying there is no grass roots RDF campaign to get rid of the RDF, RDFRA does not represent us all, and if a lunatic fringe has taken over that advocates a reservist only model? I wouldn't be suprised. I'll PM you now, I'll publish it on the Interweb for the reading pleasure of future generations.

Originally posted by apod View Post
              How do you know I wasn't!There are lots of decisions that PDFRORRA NEC make that I don't agree with and neither do my comrades.BTW just so you know i was an RDFRA rep before some of the posters here were in the RDF/FCA.Back then we would NEVER have sunk so low as to try and shaft our comrades.New breed now i guess.
              Not as badly as new entrants to the PDF would have been had CP2 come into force in fairness, RDFRA may have submitted a fantasy they'd like to come to pass but PDFORRA signed off on shite!
              Last edited by The real Jack; 26 April 2013, 17:25.
              Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                sas what 100 bodies could the rdf supply for over seas??
                Well if it was like the pilot scheme zero!

Because there was no RDF going overseas, it was short term contracted PDF.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                  The DF are committed to providing up to 850 people overseas at any one time. Each member of the PDF is contractual obligated to do one overseas tour in a five year period. Therefore, to maintain one man overseas over 5 years, the PDF has to employ 10 people to maintain that capability. Needless to say, the Army's strength is in around 8,500. The DF currently has 450 people overseas, meaning that 400 lads that could be overseas are at home. Meaning that effectively 4000 PDF personnel currently aren't part of any deployment cycle.
                  So you think the Army only exists for overseas are something? The largest requirement for the Army is at home.
                  2550 troops or one third of the Army could be involved with overseas deployments at any one time if 850 soldiers where overseas at once, with a constant rotation of pre deployment training, the trip and leave on return home. Its not the fault of the Army or soldiers that there is not currently 850 soldiers overseas.

Comment

• Fcuking hell, change the title of this thread to PDF vs RDF (feck the single force concept)

I'm not having a go at either party here and I agree with arguments put forward on both sides but until we know the whole story, we know feck all so we might as well get on with it. No money for duties? Feck it, it's the hand we've been dealt. Head down and get on with it. The DoD doesn't care if you're PDF, RDF, YDF, XDF or ZDF, if you're no use to them, thanks for everything and good luck. Do I agree that the RDF should be doing *insert whatever here* for free? No, of course not but as I've said, that's what we have to work with.

I don't blame the PDF for not being too keen on us. What's our image lads? I know and you know that the few let the group down but it's always the few that give the rest a bad name. Maybe if we can prove that we can do something on a par with the PDF fellas, then maybe we can have some more respect. As I see it, we've been given a chance to prove we can contribute. If we can then we might get more but until then just get the head down and get on with it.
                    I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                    Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                    Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                    And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                    With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                    He put a bullet through his brain.
                    And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                    Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                    The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Well the last couple of pages of posts are giving me a fair indication of how the "Single Force Concept" is gonna work out... :(
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck View Post
                        ...If we can then we might get more but until then just get the head down and get on with it.
                        i would have some sympathy with that if there was a clear pathway where being good boys for a set period of time lead to incremental, but specific stages like more paid training days, paid duty days, employment protection, overseas exercises etc... but this 'plan' is 'be good boys, get fit, do the crap bits of our jobs for free so we can take the weekend off, then in three years we'll let you beg to be allowed to continue to do the crap bits of our jobs and still not get paid'.

a probation period/apprenticeship/internship is one thing, thinking that a bloke with a full-time job and a family is going to do all the neccesary training, without pay, without travelling costs, and then spend a weekend doing someone elses job for free, is just delusional lunacy of the highest order.

Comment

• Some people on this thread need to sit down and get locked together, they'd get on very well indeed, I've met Apod and S&S
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by ropebag View Post
                            i would have some sympathy with that if there was a clear pathway where being good boys for a set period of time lead to incremental, but specific stages like more paid training days, paid duty days, employment protection, overseas exercises etc... but this 'plan' is 'be good boys, get fit, do the crap bits of our jobs for free so we can take the weekend off, then in three years we'll let you beg to be allowed to continue to do the crap bits of our jobs and still not get paid'.

a probation period/apprenticeship/internship is one thing, thinking that a bloke with a full-time job and a family is going to do all the neccesary training, without pay, without travelling costs, and then spend a weekend doing someone elses job for free, is just delusional lunacy of the highest order.
                            Fair one but what can we do about it? Bitch and moan and make the them vs us even bigger or get mucked in and give them more cause to keep us about. I work mon-fri so as a result my unit has lots of training weekends (long weekends and normal) and the training that we have laid on for us is quite exciting to say the least. I'm happy to give up my weekends but I don't have a wife and kids.

The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck View Post
                              Fair one but what can we do about it?...
                              leave.

there'll be an initial period where people will do it because of the novelty, and because they want to make a go of it, but they'll get bored of doing the bone stuff and being used like an unpaid skivvy pretty quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by ropebag View Post
                                leave.

there'll be an initial period where people will do it because of the novelty, and because they want to make a go of it, but they'll get bored of doing the bone stuff and being used like an unpaid skivvy pretty quickly.
                                Counter productive, eh?