No announcement yet.

The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So after a bit of looking around, and a lot of phonecalls, I'm currently unitless. My application never reached my intended Bde, I'm not on the general list in my old brigade, never mind unit. So I'm not posted in 1bde, 2bde or DFTC or on general list for them either. Interesting times ahead!

Maybe time to turn these fantasia forces into a reality!

Comment

• Just call 2Bde RDF HQ in CBB and tell them where you put on your application and that its not your fault it was lost and they will slot you in somewhere even on an SWA. as long as you are Pte or Cpl there are slots available not on the SWA list, if above these ranks its probably SWA list until dust settles.

You may have already done this, but thats how i did it, he said no appointment, i said but i sent it in, then he asks where did i apply, i told him and hey presto im in a unit - my second choice albeit, but still i have a home for now.

1Bde RDF HQ
      061 314 233 - ext 4380

2Bde RDF HQ
      01 804 6245
      01 804 6568
      "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
      "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by Infy View Post
        So after a bit of looking around, and a lot of phonecalls, I'm currently unitless. My application never reached my intended Bde, I'm not on the general list in my old brigade, never mind unit. So I'm not posted in 1bde, 2bde or DFTC or on general list for them either. Interesting times ahead!

Maybe time to turn these fantasia forces into a reality!
        Originally posted by morpheus View Post
        Just call 2Bde RDF HQ in CBB and tell them where you put on your application and that its not your fault it was lost and they will slot you in somewhere even on an SWA. as long as you are Pte or Cpl there are slots available not on the SWA list, if above these ranks its probably SWA list until dust settles.

You may have already done this, but thats how i did it, he said no appointment, i said but i sent it in, then he asks where did i apply, i told him and hey presto im in a unit - my second choice albeit, but still i have a home for now.

1Bde RDF HQ
        061 314 233 - ext 4380

2Bde RDF HQ
        01 804 6245
        01 804 6568
        Jaysus.... heard yesterday that a form is coming out which basically will be looking for feedback from personnel on the re-org process
        Unsure if this is being initiated by RDFRA or the MA... could be some interesting answers on those...
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• The admin instruction had a lessons learned task at the end so it is probably from the MA.

Comment

• Done all that. I have a man on the case for me in the meantime, and I hope to have some sort of answer tomorrow, though I won't hold my breath.

Comment

• Come to us, we have biscuits, apparently.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                Just call 2Bde RDF HQ in CBB and tell them where you put on your application and that its not your fault it was lost and they will slot you in somewhere even on an SWA. as long as you are Pte or Cpl there are slots available not on the SWA list, if above these ranks its probably SWA list until dust settles.

1Bde RDF HQ
                061 314 233 - ext 4380

2Bde RDF HQ
                01 804 6245
                01 804 6568
                You realise those 2 units (the Bde RDF HQs) no longer exist?!

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                  Come to us, we have biscuits, apparently.
                  Custard creams and I'm there 👶

Comment

• Originally posted by Infy View Post
                    Custard creams and I'm there 👶
                    Selling yourself cheap there, Infy. The tight hoor can afford at least mint Viscounts... Mmm...
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Any decent unit would be offering fig rolls. But only Jacobs. Not McVities.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Can't stand fig rolls, throw in some bourbon creams

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                          Any decent unit would be offering fig rolls. But only Jacobs. Not McVities.
                          Now you're talking...

Comment

• suddenly it's http://nicecupofteaandasitdown.com
                            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Lads, start offering biscuits, and as shown above, tea follows, and next thing you know is you have a whole new generation of pudgy biscuit eating, tea drinking story tellers who will bring about the second fall... and you will have no one to blame but yourselves. DOOM!!! DOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!
                              Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                                You realise those 2 units (the Bde RDF HQs) no longer exist?!
                                The phone numbers are still being answered. I just copied from a different site.
                                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
                                X