No announcement yet.

The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally getting somewhere, hope to be sorted end of this week/start of next. Someones been telling porkies!

Comment

• Has anyone heard of any of the people who requested to be discharged getting their certificate/letter of discharge yet?

Comment

• Missed this, but NO. Not yet. You mean the nice printed R5-type one ? from current experience the dust is being left settle to see what the cull will actually look like
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Justice101 View Post
          Has anyone heard of any of the people who requested to be discharged getting their certificate/letter of discharge yet?
          I think the Cert only used to be sent out if requested, not 100% on that though

Comment

• I requested mine in 2012, after leaving in 2011. Still no sign.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Af42 and LA89 should have been posted or handed to you.

Comment

Has anyone heard of any of the people who requested to be discharged getting their certificate/letter of discharge yet?
                No, but I've heard a ball hop that someone has a redress in because they are being discharged and don't want to be - ticked the "I wanna be discharged" box by mistake
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Probably thought he was just ticking a box so the DF wouldn't contact him about exciting new offers or to pass his details to a third party.
                  It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

I requested a discharge and have received nothing yet.

Comment

• I requested a discharge and have received nothing yet.
                      In the good old days there was some one in the office to process such requests......how far up the list of a single reservist who visits his new office on a monthly basis is your request?

they'll probably just let it run as non effective and you'll get it then!

Should we go to war in the mean time..you're fcuked...
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                        In the good old days there was some one in the office to process such requests......how far up the list of a single reservist who visits his new office on a monthly basis is your request?
                        I submitted it on the forms they issued for the latest re-org so I imagine they are gone to my PDF CO at least?

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                        they'll probably just let it run as non effective and you'll get it then!
                        They better not !!!!!!!! I want my discharge cert to show I was "effective" for my entire enlistment!!!!!!!

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                        Should we go to war in the mean time..you're fcuked...
                        Am I fcuk ! I was always told I was a volunteer So I won't be volunteering ! And I refuse to put myself in harms way for bankers, property developers & oil companies !

Comment

• I imagine they are gone to my PDF CO at least?
                          the recent change of command there could be the cause for the delay.

They better not !!!!!!!! I want my discharge cert to show I was "effective" for my entire enlistment!!!!!!!
                          Cert wouldn't highlight period of non effectiveness just time served.

Am I fcuk ! I was always told I was a volunteer So I won't be volunteering ! And I refuse to put myself in harms way for bankers, property developers & oil companies !
                          Aw go on......you know you love a good oppertunity to expend rounds at someone elses cost... might even let you bring your own weapon.

Given todays combat ranges you could sit in the 'rear with the gear 'and still take out bad guys without having to get up close..
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Cert wouldn't highlight period of non effectiveness just time served.

Got to correct you there Murph, it shows effective & non effective service
                            You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

...Given todays combat ranges you could sit in the 'rear with the gear 'and still take out bad guys without having to get up close..
                              if one were to join the premier teeth arm, one could 'dirty the other chaps kit' at a most respectable distance while drinking tea and having only the slightest muck on ones boots.

Artillery: bringing a dash of class and style to what would otherwise be a most vulgar affair...

Comment

• Cert wouldn't highlight period of non effectiveness just time served.
                                Big Al is entirely correct. My enlisted discharge cert shows several non-effective days. goodl lord have I been in that long ( ps I looked it up and we're at day 9,720 ! only a few more to 10000 )

Comment

Working...
                                X