The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
    well i see very limited recruitment when there is zero incentive for those serving without a position, to leave the organisation.
    Except come January, if they haven't done the minimum they will be discharged. No non effective list any more

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
    At local level, the Reorg is working okay. PDF units seem open to receiving Reservists, particularly as we offer potential cost effective additional man power resources for Exs, who above all else, want to be there. .
    In your unit (have you been RO'ed yet cause if you haven't you aren't a member of any unit?!)!

Unit Ex's are mid week, not everyone is available. Maybe unit ex's could sometimes start on Friday and end Sunday.

Wait till PDF privates liking loosing out on SDA so reservists who are doing it for nothing.

There seem to be plenty of active people who haven't been notified or are SWA.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
      Wait till PDF privates liking loosing out on SDA so reservists who are doing it for nothing.
      Dev, it's getting painful. Please proofread your posts. Seriously.

Comment

• Well, come January I am out on my ear it seems!! Not much hope of me getting time off work to do a camp before mid September.
        What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Here's an idea for the single force concept, get rid of SDA, MSA, ATCP & ATCA allowances, plus a 10% basic pay cut for the PDF.

Other countries incentivise reservists the DF does the opposite.
          Are you feeling ok? Want me to call a doctor?

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry View Post
            Dev, it's getting painful. Please proofread your posts. Seriously.
            If he read them he might need to admit they were 99% nonsense. Oh Lordy, Please no!
            "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

• From what I am hearing the tea drinkers have won the day again.In one unit I know of Officers who had not been seen in years have been given appointments and active lads especially ones who went integrated are SWA.Cue the SWA lads been tasked with running training by their Coy comdrs because the "real" Pl Comd hasn't/cant/wont show up then a week or two into the training programme said "real" Pl comd shows up and takes away "his" troops for more important training such as orienteering when they were training for an ex or TOET's.
              Also the old ways of doing things in some Coys have won out.One Coy I know of only cares about shooting teams.Cue everybody in the unit not on the team being used as butt party,security or pot wollopers while all the ammo for the unit is allocated to the shooting team.
              Seriously that's a joke.
              I also heard of one coy where the Coy Comd "replaced" all the people who had been appointed I.E Pln Comds,Coy Sgt etc with people from his old unit.So what would have been a mixture of faces and an all new command structure became a continuation of an old unit just under a different name. WTF are these people playing at????
              People in authority within the RDF need to wake up.The days of a uniformed shooting and orienteering club are GONE!! Unless ALL the troops are able to play ball and know their shit then the whole unit will suffer.Elitism should be a thing of the past.Get EVERYBODY back to basics an up to PDF TOET standard(not the "we do it different in my unit" way) on ALL Pln weapons.Work on passing the IT's and then make sure everybody can navigate,use a radio and put on a field dressing.Then you have solid base to build on.Unless that happens the RDF is F****D!
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Surely the Bn Comd and BSM are more than slightly concerned about a Coy Commander going all Heart of Darkness and doing his own thing completely? Where's the PDF oversight?

Comment

• meanwhile some are still in the wilderness........knowing they will be SWA but wondering where they will be SWA in. No unit=no training=no arps= camp etc and at years end, out the door.

Hopefully there will be news this week, it's not for the want of trying though to be fair.

Comment

• PDF TOET standard?
                    you mean as per steyr manual?
                    Which is the way we conducted the TOET tests recently which saw almost everyone pass first time and those who didnt will retest this week having undergone "refresher" training... and it will be as per manual.
                    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Same ! Darn it . Ha... Shooting teams..... there's a full retard meme there somewhere. Orienteering's a bit different but its outside core training hours and shouldn't impact calendared training time ( Lordy I have currriculum 15 feet long to think about and this BS puts its head up )

If anyone's looking for me I'll be in the bit of the RDF marked "real-world".
                      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Here's an idea for the single force concept, get rid of SDA, MSA, ATCP & ATCA allowances, plus a 10% basic pay cut for the PDF.

Other countries incentivise reservists the DF does the opposite.
                        ye get rid of all that how much will the pdf lads be on a week then
                        that would really make us want to work with you guys

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry View Post
                          Surely the Bn Comd and BSM are more than slightly concerned about a Coy Commander going all Heart of Darkness and doing his own thing completely? Where's the PDF oversight?
                          Overseas!!!.Seriously.All this happened whilst the Bn Comd and his BSM were formed up for overseas IE no longer with their parent unit so they probably have no idea what was going on and now it's done.

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                          PDF TOET standard?
                          you mean as per steyr manual?
                          Which is the way we conducted the TOET tests recently which saw almost everyone pass first time and those who didnt will retest this week having undergone "refresher" training... and it will be as per manual.
                          Great stuff!!Exactly as it should be.I refered to the "PDF standard" IE the manual standard as form experience alot of the RDF units did it "Their" way IE no mag filling under time pressure,load and unload not done under time pressure or while wearing CEFO and IA drills unheard of.Good to see some units doing it as per.Well done.
                          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                            From what I am hearing the tea drinkers have won the day again.In one unit I know of Officers who had not been seen in years have been given appointments and active lads especially ones who went integrated are SWA.Cue the SWA lads been tasked with running training by their Coy comdrs because the "real" Pl Comd hasn't/cant/wont show up then a week or two into the training programme said "real" Pl comd shows up and takes away "his" troops for more important training such as orienteering when they were training for an ex or TOET's.
                            Also the old ways of doing things in some Coys have won out.One Coy I know of only cares about shooting teams.Cue everybody in the unit not on the team being used as butt party,security or pot wollopers while all the ammo for the unit is allocated to the shooting team.
                            Seriously that's a joke.
                            I also heard of one coy where the Coy Comd "replaced" all the people who had been appointed I.E Pln Comds,Coy Sgt etc with people from his old unit.So what would have been a mixture of faces and an all new command structure became a continuation of an old unit just under a different name. WTF are these people playing at????
                            People in authority within the RDF need to wake up.The days of a uniformed shooting and orienteering club are GONE!! Unless ALL the troops are able to play ball and know their shit then the whole unit will suffer.Elitism should be a thing of the past.Get EVERYBODY back to basics an up to PDF TOET standard(not the "we do it different in my unit" way) on ALL Pln weapons.Work on passing the IT's and then make sure everybody can navigate,use a radio and put on a field dressing.Then you have solid base to build on.Unless that happens the RDF is F****D!
                            For the most part i do agree with you, but let all of those requirements be met with equipment that is of sufficient standard to be trained on; For this part both our black beret and green beret colleagues have a part to play here; Forget the Colour of the Cap Badge for a minute.

Training equipment needs to be up to spec, there needs to be allocations aswell; The ye olde "The Battlegroup / Battalion / [INSERT some EX HERE]" has your GPMG's etc... this week so your training plan is out the window.... Sorry lads back to cleaning the stores again... routine isnt going to cut it. Make sure the stuff isnt U/S is a big deal and would enable alot for some units. [In some cases like ours, U/S is a training point]

I will make one point, since the reorg (i remained as is) i am excited at all the conversations and training happening on my end there is some real good people come into contact with us (the RDF Element).

I think though theres a need to stop pumping up the storys of a drinking summer camp in the RDF; When challenged alot of people fall to the "I heard from Johnny who heard from his mothers, brothers, sons, daughters, nephews, aunt's uncle who seen a fella do x y and z in the 70ies...."

Cant we all get along ? In most cases alot of us RDF'ers look up to the fella's who have done their tour in the leb, some know the fellas who came back but are still in the battle. Give the RDF a proper first step unbiased and uninterrupted and we will go miles.
                            Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
                            Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                              From what I am hearing the tea drinkers have won the day again.In one unit I know of Officers who had not been seen in years have been given appointments and active lads especially ones who went integrated are SWA.Cue the SWA lads been tasked with running training by their Coy comdrs because the "real" Pl Comd hasn't/cant/wont show up then a week or two into the training programme said "real" Pl comd shows up and takes away "his" troops for more important training such as orienteering when they were training for an ex or TOET's.
                              Seriously that's a joke.
                              Where is the unit CO, Adjt, BSM and Bde HLIG? Edit - just saw your reply 2IC then.

Sure there will be no RDF shooting competition next year!
                              Last edited by DeV; 14 May 2013, 19:28.

Comment

Sure there will be no RDF shooting competition next year!
                                There is apparently going to be some sort of "skills competition". I believe there is a PDF one currently.
                                Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X