The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
    When we awere on Camp in the Curragh we had no issues in using the Gym or Pool after hours. We had to sign in at the desk and that was it.
    That's what I believed to be the case as well. Troops on FTT really shouldn't have any issues using the gym.

Comment

• Why are RDF being discriminated against? Hardly conducive to cohesion & a single force concept ? I'm glad I left now. 'They' want the RDF to 'step up' but there seem to be more obstacles being put in their way than are on the actual obstacle course
      Last edited by bunny shooter; 10 July 2013, 16:22.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
        That's what I believed to be the case as well. Troops on FTT really shouldn't have any issues using the gym.
        That is the case in the Curragh, as I use the facility myself, and no one ever had an issue
        But yes, the Prisoner is correct in what he states about that location, as I have heard that also
        - f***ing ridiculous carry on... :(
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
          When we awere on Camp in the Curragh we had no issues in using the Gym or Pool after hours. We had to sign in at the desk and that was it.
          The difference is the pool is open anyway (to the best knowledge to the public).

AFAIK the gym in the DFTC can still only be used if you have a programme and trained on equipment by a PTI (that's fair enough I think).

Comment

• Originally posted by ropebag View Post
            if the regulars want the reservists to have a culture of fitness they probably ought to make a start by allowing reservists to use the facilities they themselves use to develop their culture of fitness.
            While we have taken a huge leap forward in now requiring a fitness test, we (as usual) have taken a few large paces back in reducing the small amount of PT training conducted in the RDF to nil.

There is no joined up thinking in the DF!

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
              The difference is the pool is open anyway (to the best knowledge to the public)
              Not open to the general public, but to specific groups after hours

AFAIK the gym in the DFTC can still only be used if you have a programme and trained on equipment by a PTI (that's fair enough I think).
              That is the case for the weights at least. Unsure about the cardio equipment (treadmills, etc)
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• so when some of the lads i know do the PTL course... they will be qualified to do stuff that they now aren't allowed to do! eggsellent.

ok seperate matter, but related nonetheless to the RDF...

what are the exact metrics that soldiers must achieve to remain effective this year? Is it written down anywhere? Ive heard the number "32 hours of parade nights" thrown about including a caveat that says FTT on annual camp will not be considered, that they must turn up for 16 nights in 2013 to their assigned barracks?

anyone the wiser to this?
                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• So what all the recent posts are proving is that there is no "single force concept" other than on some bullsh*t re-org plan.
                  I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
                  Who is number 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                    so when some of the lads i know do the PTL course... they will be qualified to do stuff that they now aren't allowed to do! eggsellent.

ok seperate matter, but related nonetheless to the RDF...

what are the exact metrics that soldiers must achieve to remain effective this year? Is it written down anywhere? Ive heard the number "32 hours of parade nights" thrown about including a caveat that says FTT on annual camp will not be considered, that they must turn up for 16 nights in 2013 to their assigned barracks?

anyone the wiser to this?
                    The AdminO

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                      The AdminO
                      And the prize for least helpful post goes to Dev.

There's an AdminO which details the normal requirements, and the reduced ones for 2013. Morpheus, ask your chain of command for AdminO 1/2013. They should have briefed you on it already.

Comment

• Now you say it I recall hey did and will ask tonight again. Just couldnt remember what the exact kpis and conds were.
                        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• The parading KPI is training parades, not full time training. FTT is a separate KPI.

BTW - and this was one of the first things we did on forming our new unit - was a detailed brief on the AdminO and individual/sub-unit KPIs so that people knew what they had to do to remain in the Reserve as this is something you must know. If you don't have the KPIs then pm me with an email address for a copy.
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Prisoner View Post
                            So what all the recent posts are proving is that there is no "single force concept" other than on some bullsh*t re-org plan.
                            Yet if you had popped into the Brugha at any stage this week you would've seen RDF troops on the Battalion Square, parading with the rest of 7 Bn.

You'd have seen both PDF and RDF NCO's instructing RDF troops.

So yeah, regardless of all the doom and gloom talk, some places are trying to make it work.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunny shooter View Post
                              Why are RDF being discriminated against? Hardly conducive to cohesion & a single force concept ? I'm glad I left now. 'They' want the RDF to 'step up' but there seem to be more obstacles being put in their way than are on the actual obstacle course
                              I'm surprised you haven't asked why, if RDF troops want to use the gym in barracks, didn't they join the PDF?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
                                I'm surprised you haven't asked why, if RDF troops want to use the gym in barracks, didn't they join the PDF?

on that note - some of the lads in my local Reserve unit arrive 2 hours before normal parade time to use the gym facilities. they also get paid 25% of 1 days pay extra for attending the gym for those 2 hours, meaning they get half a days pay for 4 hours work - 2 of which are spent in the gym keeping fit.

it's a good incentive to keep lads fit and make the most of the facilities.
                                RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
                                X