No announcement yet.

The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bugger... why so secretive? im not very optimistic. we just had a social media policy lecture and that was the height of the night.
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
      bugger... why so secretive? im not very optimistic. we just had a social media policy lecture and that was the height of the night.
      Pumping. We had the next years planned training outlined as much as we know and some dates for upcoming events. Nothing too groundbreaking but positive all the same.
      I knew a simple soldier boy.....
      Who grinned at life in empty joy,
      Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
      And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
      With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
      He put a bullet through his brain.
      And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
      Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
      Sneak home and pray you'll never know
      The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• we have a rake of people to clear out of our crew. Where are the promised reg changes ?
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Got posted in reorg to unit 270km 3hrs drive from where I live! Sent in appeal proforma ever heard anything since, presuming as I never went near said unit I'll be discharged by end of year?
          Not hugely bothered at this stage as I joined in 1988 and there is no challenge left in it anymore and am not spending 6 hrs driving for 2 hrs trg.
          My view is that Shatters new white/green/pink paper will cut to 1bde and no reserve no matter how hard folks try

Comment

• Originally posted by Left100 View Post
            Got posted in reorg to unit 270km 3hrs drive from where I live! Sent in appeal proforma ever heard anything since, presuming as I never went near said unit I'll be discharged by end of year?
            Not hugely bothered at this stage as I joined in 1988 and there is no challenge left in it anymore and am not spending 6 hrs driving for 2 hrs trg.
            My view is that Shatters new white/green/pink paper will cut to 1bde and no reserve no matter how hard folks try
            Have you applied for a transfer post reorg?

Comment

• Originally posted by midnight oil View Post
              Have you applied for a transfer post reorg?
              Yep
              And funnily enough I know someone who was willing to swap ( same rank etc) but No !

Comment

• Left 100, are you near a barracks? After so long in infantry I didn't particularly want to have to travel to my nearest inf unit. I moved to a corps unit and absolutely loved it. Everything is new, it's given me a new interest in the reserve.
                Sigs - No amps, no volts = no interest

Comment

• There was a restatement of policy very recently on transfers. Who refused the transfer and on what grounds, put a redress in.
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                    There was a restatement of policy very recently on transfers. Who refused the transfer and on what grounds, put a redress in.
                    Hopefully you sent on details of this policy, so that if a redress IS put in, there is appropriate backup for the redress ?
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Left100 View Post
                      Got posted in reorg to unit 270km 3hrs drive from where I live! Sent in appeal proforma ever heard anything since, presuming as I never went near said unit I'll be discharged by end of year?
                      I joined around the same time as you and for me too I don't feel like continuing, the organisation is too cliquey with the associated politics. Then there is the senior NCO's and officers who shout and roar but who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery, the shouting and roaring is just trying to cover up their own inadequacies.
                      I'm just sick to the teeth of all the bullshit that goes on.

Comment

• God this is so un real.

I listened to an officer tell us how wonderful post re org life is.

Lots of courses, ftt, equipment, exercises with our parent unit.

Has anyone actually experienced this. Cos no one in my unit bar the officers seen to know anything about it!!!

Nothing has changed. The same tired faces week in week out waiting for the promised change. But it is all still the same!

We were told we needed ITs and medical. So we done them.
                        We were told we had to do various tasks so we did.

And now I hear that there is a cull coming.

Is it more bluster to keep us hanging on?

Comment

• Get the hint .................. some of us did before this latest fiasco started

Comment

• Originally posted by Saab View Post
                            God this is so un real.

I listened to an officer tell us how wonderful post re org life is.

Lots of courses, ftt, equipment, exercises with our parent unit.

Has anyone actually experienced this. Cos no one in my unit bar the officers seen to know anything about it!!!

Nothing has changed. The same tired faces week in week out waiting for the promised change. But it is all still the same!

We were told we needed ITs and medical. So we done them.
                            We were told we had to do various tasks so we did.

And now I hear that there is a cull coming.

Is it more bluster to keep us hanging on?
                            The cull can't come till January when those who haven't met the 2013 KPIs can be discharged (if and when R5 is amended).

You can apply for any DF course if you meet the criteria.

For example, 2 RDF personnel have just completed the 3 week Unarmed Combat Instructors course in DFSPE, 2 others did it before (last year I think).

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                              The cull can't come till January when those who haven't met the 2013 KPIs can be discharged (if and when R5 is amended).
                              Yet again Dev I read you referring to regulations which you yet again seem to know all about while at the same time knowing nothing about.
                              ANY enlisted member of the RDF can be discharged at ANY time under the current R5. Provided the unit commander can convince the GOC of the merits of the case DFR R5 para 56(h).

It is no different to a member of the PDF getting ****ed out mid contract for ineffectivity

Comment

• Originally posted by midnight oil View Post
                                Yet again Dev I read you referring to regulations which you yet again seem to know all about while at the same time knowing nothing about.
                                ANY enlisted member of the RDF can be discharged at ANY time under the current R5. Provided the unit commander can convince the GOC of the merits of the case DFR R5 para 56(h).

It is no different to a member of the PDF getting ****ed out mid contract for ineffectivity
                                An ADMINO is out weighted by a DFR. At the moment several parts of the ADMINO are in contravention of DFR R5, anyone discharged for not meeting the KPIs and who is not placed on the non effective list has grounds for redress.

It is the difference between secondary legislation (the law (in this an SI (DFR) issued by the Minister) and an order (issued by DCOS).

Oh and there must be amendments prior to December or grat will have to be paid!
                                Last edited by DeV; 13 October 2013, 09:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X