The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
    anyone discharged for not meeting the KPIs and who is not placed on the non effective list has grounds for redress.
    They can have enough ground to build a mountain if they want. Read the section of the reg I told you and then read the supporting para in the AI, if I remember correctly it is also para 56.

It is an open and transparent mechanism where the individual is kept informed throughout the process.

Comment

• Whoa.

Well done everyone for reading regulations on a Saturday night/Sunday morning. Are you both on shift or something ?

1. MO is correct to a certain extent. 56(h) in the current reg does indeed allow for discharge by GOC "Determination of Engagement". I've seen it used a couple of times but never for non-effectiveness, becuase:

The self-same R5 also says if you are found non-effective ( due to non-attendance, usually ) you are posted to the Non-effective list for up to 2 years, then discharged.

Which is why we have all been waiting for the changed R5 to put this stuff onto solid ground.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Saab View Post
        God this is so un real.

I listened to an officer tell us how wonderful post re org life is.

Lots of courses, ftt, equipment, exercises with our parent unit.

Has anyone actually experienced this. Cos no one in my unit bar the officers seen to know anything about it!!!

Nothing has changed. The same tired faces week in week out waiting for the promised change. But it is all still the same!

We were told we needed ITs and medical. So we done them.
        We were told we had to do various tasks so we did.

And now I hear that there is a cull coming.

Is it more bluster to keep us hanging on?

Nothing will change the decline will continue, new coloured paper will say how RDF re org didn't work while conveniently ignoring why!
        With little recruiting in last 5/6 years Id imagine the age profile is rising too

Comment

• Here's a thought. We could go into the field and recruit 10 doctors to the RDF within a month. Put them on shoot and salute, give them all the mandays they want. GP's are sole traders so its not a problem getting time off. Solves the medicals issue. ( )

Comment

• Why would a doctor bother to continue doing his current job, except in uniform and at a much lower rate of pay?

Comment

• Same goes for any of us , so what

Comment

• As it was put to me recently by a medical officer: the army wants to recruit consultants but pay them as SHOs. There were 2 commissioned this month with some more in the pipeline

Comment

• Originally posted by Saab View Post
                  God this is so un real.

I listened to an officer tell us how wonderful post re org life is.

Lots of courses, ftt, equipment, exercises with our parent unit.

Has anyone actually experienced this. Cos no one in my unit bar the officers seen to know anything about it!!!

Nothing has changed. The same tired faces week in week out waiting for the promised change. But it is all still the same!

We were told we needed ITs and medical. So we done them.
                  We were told we had to do various tasks so we did.

And now I hear that there is a cull coming.

Is it more bluster to keep us hanging on?
                  we must have a great unit so! ftt was ran most of the summer, during that a coy shoot rdf and pdf, joint exercise with pdf. ncos doing walk through talk through in the weeks before the exercise and more ftt training coming up as well as having done duties through out the year. the re org has been great so far.

Comment

• If it were up to me, when it comes to doctors in Reserve, I'd look to give them specific incentives, like tax credits, credits against student loans, a sizeable gratuity and the opportunity to serve overseas. Something that makes giving their time worthwhile and fulfilling. If a doctor wants to offer his/her time for the public good, there's plenty of charities he/she can do that though, probably with opportunities for travel to war torn countries like Syria. If the DF wants doctors, subject to military law on a consultancy basis, then they can so through the Reserve providing they're treated with respect, incentivised and remunerated properly.

The problem is that the words "Reserve" and "Respect" seldom feature within the same sentence unless accompanied by the word "lack".

Comment

• Originally posted by shanec View Post
                      we must have a great unit so! ftt was ran most of the summer, during that a coy shoot rdf and pdf, joint exercise with pdf. ncos doing walk through talk through in the weeks before the exercise and more ftt training coming up as well as having done duties through out the year. the re org has been great so far.
                      Yup!
                      I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                      Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                      Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                      And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                      With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                      He put a bullet through his brain.
                      And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                      Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                      Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                      The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry View Post
                        Why would a doctor bother to continue doing his current job, except in uniform and at a much lower rate of pay?
                        we do the opposite - recruit Civvie Doctors into the Reserve as Military Doctors and throw hundreds of pounds at them for every day - they relish it.
                        RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• But the experiences they get with yourselfs are second to none.

Bastion is a hugely advanced facility with all kinds of injuries and cutting edge treatments.

A few years there could set you up big style back home.
                          It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Ours too. What's more when a bunch of our good guys worked with s bunch of PDF coy good guys on exercise they got on like a house on on fire and thus mutual respect was born.

The only friction occurred when there were shitbirds on one side of the equation.
                            "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                              Yup!
                              Originally posted by Come-quickly View Post
                              Ours too. What's more when a bunch of our good guys worked with s bunch of PDF coy good guys on exercise they got on like a house on on fire and thus mutual respect was born.

The only friction occurred when there were shitbirds on one side of the equation.
                              Your experiences don't fit in with the "PDF don't want us, the sky is falling down" doom and gloom attitude that some people on here have adopted.

Please leave the thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
                                Your experiences don't fit in with the "PDF don't want us, the sky is falling down" doom and gloom attitude that some people on here have adopted.

Please leave the thread.
                                Everyone's experiences are valid

Comment

Working...
                                X