No announcement yet.

Operational Boots Protective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safety boots, as far as I know. The AD (including the Reserve part) got the new Haix Boots.

Comment

[Mod: if you have nothing useful to say then say nothing at all]
      The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

The operational boot protective is indeed made by HAIX,but it is not the kampfscuh mod.2 .It is a different model,easily told apart by the lacing system.Hope that clears that up.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

got me boots today and my my if there not the sweetest thig ive gotten for free thus far...more like mendel boots than matterhorns though...
          Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

Comment

Apparently, a rumour i heard there not too long ago, all arty units goin on shoots this summer will be issued them?? I don't know if it is true or not, anyone else hear this?
            The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

No but i would love if it was true because i don't fancy a bofor or flycatcher rolling over my tootsies.
              Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

Let one roll over your tootsies,and watch how quick you get issued with them.....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver
                  if a task requires PPE (Personal
                  Protective Equipment), then the DF are bound by law under the Health And Safety
                  At Work Act (1989, I think) to provide the PPE for that task....
                  I nearly lost a toe last year when a bag of tent pegs (the big spikey 18inch ones) was dropped on my left foot. The tip of a peg went clean through the toe of the boot and luckily landed between two of my toes just grazing a bit of skin off. A millimetre of so to the right and I'd have prolly lost a toe.

Would doing a job like that above not require Safety Boots?

Comment

The problem,throughout the DF is that nobody is willing to do a safety audit to determine if you do need safety boots.

Comment

If a safety audit was done, it would bankrupt the DF. With buying safety specs for ops in woods at night, safety boots for everyone, and bulletproof vests and helmets for everyone.
                      It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Instead they prefer to run the risk of getting sued for injuries sustained because they neglected their duty of care as an employer to their employees.

Comment

Am i missing something or am i right in sayin that as RDF Infantry u get the usual DPMs Norwegian shirt, winter jumper 2 socks and Parade boots, or am i missing something
                          What is you major malfunction numbnuts!
                          Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?!

The last words of Sgt. Hartman

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                            No. The Prison service were issued with a protective toecap version of the Earlier Operational boots,which most of the RDF were issued with. Not the Haix.

RDF gettin toe cap boots haven't even heard of that

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Originally posted by Infantry Sandbag
                              Am i missing something or am i right in sayin that as RDF Infantry u get the usual DPMs Norwegian shirt, winter jumper 2 socks and Parade boots, or am i missing something
                              Note title of thread.....

BOOTS

Comment

no harm to try and fins out if i'm missing anything

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Working...
                                X