Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Commander
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    Sorry the caps are happening, I am just waiting for teh supplier to come back from his holidays (ie next monday) and I will have ther rest of the first batch ready to go out.
    very good

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    very good
    Folks

Unfortunately the supplier I was dealing with has not been forthcoming with the caps as quickly as I wanted and I have looked around for another supplier. I have had discussions with another supplier and it is likely that I will end up using this supplier.

There is one snag in that I have to order a minimum of 500 caps per design before they will process the order, however on the plus side provided all caps are sols there will be a minimum of €5,500 (€11.00 per cap out of €15) donated to the relevant charity. In this case the first cap being LE Eithne this will see Our Ladys Hospital for Sick Children in Crumlin receiving a substantial cheque.

While I do not know what they will use the cheque for, I am aware that there are currently efforts underway to raise €200,000 for a paediatric cardiology unit in the Hospital. A cheque for €5,500 on its own could cover the cost of acquisition of two Defibrillators and the training for a large number of staff members to make use of the Defibrillators.

Orders for 10 caps, of which two have been paid for, have already been placed (dont worry folks I havent forgotten about you) so if anyone is interested in the other 490 then please feel free to place a provisional order for as many as you want by PMing me. I hope to have these in place by the end of January ready for shipping at the same time.

Thanks for your understanding on this matter.

Shane

PS once the first batch of Eithne Caps are sold I will be ordering a 2nd batch of another ship to be determined by poll on IMO that will be set some time in January.

Commander
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    Folks

Unfortunately the supplier I was dealing with has not been forthcoming with the caps as quickly as I wanted and I have looked around for another supplier. I have had discussions with another supplier and it is likely that I will end up using this supplier.

There is one snag in that I have to order a minimum of 500 caps per design before they will process the order, however on the plus side provided all caps are sols there will be a minimum of €5,500 (€11.00 per cap out of €15) donated to the relevant charity. In this case the first cap being LE Eithne this will see Our Ladys Hospital for Sick Children in Crumlin receiving a substantial cheque.

While I do not know what they will use the cheque for, I am aware that there are currently efforts underway to raise €200,000 for a paediatric cardiology unit in the Hospital. A cheque for €5,500 on its own could cover the cost of acquisition of two Defibrillators and the training for a large number of staff members to make use of the Defibrillators.

Orders for 10 caps, of which two have been paid for, have already been placed (dont worry folks I havent forgotten about you) so if anyone is interested in the other 490 then please feel free to place a provisional order for as many as you want by PMing me. I hope to have these in place by the end of January ready for shipping at the same time.

Thanks for your understanding on this matter.

Shane

PS once the first batch of Eithne Caps are sold I will be ordering a 2nd batch of another ship to be determined by poll on IMO that will be set some time in January.
    500 caps is too large and you will have problems off loading them - i dont think you need the hassle of this - in this recession why dont you try another company that will help this great cause with a smaller order

bosun
    Post Thanks / Like
    great idea and may i make a suggestion 100 of (NAVY RETIRED) 100 of (ARMY RETIRED) would they sell faster?? only a thought.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by golden rivet View Post
    great idea and may i make a suggestion 100 of (NAVY RETIRED) 100 of (ARMY RETIRED) would they sell faster?? only a thought.....
    I will have a chat with them and see if I can get them to change the order around slightly to 240 Eithne caps and 120 Navy Retired, 120 Army Retired and 60 Air Corps Retired as that will work out to be 500 caps and maybe sell better.

they pack in batchs of 60 hence the numbers above.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has any more progress been made with this?
    Should the Idea be forgotten?

Post Thanks / Like
    I will have acouple of hats if they are still on offer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie fish View Post
    Has any more progress been made with this?
    Should the Idea be forgotten?
    Bump?

Thread Information