Recruit Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WilcoOut View Post
    ask the Air Defence recruits from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Batt. theyd have killed to be on previous recruit camps!

small units need these camps for their units as their small numbers cannot get the resources needed as where a gagle of infantry can.

i also firmly believe the infantry should run ALL recruit camps. then 2* training etc is down to the unit
    The 4AD Have been in the last 3 2 years at least.

Infantry have been running previous camps in the South. Refer to my post on the last Page. Regarding the fact that it sucked.

Originally posted by Barry View Post
    What dazzler and riflemangundy are saying would tend to indicate that the yahoos instructing on recruit camps (in the south at least) aren't competent enough to take command of their own bowel movements, never mind to train recruits properly.
    While I know there are some good NCO's in Infantry. This is what I am basically saying.
    Last edited by Dazzler; 8 April 2009, 22:26.
    I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

Yes some of the instructors are good but come off it,, iv had people still not competent to strip the fcuking steyr rifle like,,,,,

Bring back unit based training where the unit can send the best instructors available.
      Im not saying crucify them like our own RDFSAS friends just train them to have respect and confidence to do what they have to do because they were not getting it on the island

Comment

Didn't I have a good long rant about this a couple of months ago and the Equalizer called me on it ?
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
          TD : TI 12/07 "Planning for Recruitment in the RDF" is what you want.

Noncentralized training is a kick in the nuts and a reversion to shite standards again.
          Cheers Trellheim

Am I reading this correctly ? Corps units' recruits will not be trained
          centrally by 62 FAR ?

Seeing as the Inf Bns and Arty Regts train their
          own in house anyway....

Units will be responsible for training their own recruits. Big disadvantages
          I see in this are:

1. Some units would not have sufficient staff to do this (Recruit FTT)

2. Instrs could be pigeonholed for years doing this, to the detriment of their
          own career progression...
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by WilcoOut View Post
            ask the Air Defence recruits from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Batt. theyd have killed to be on previous recruit camps!

small units need these camps for their units as their small numbers cannot get the resources needed as where a gagle of infantry can.

i also firmly believe the infantry should run ALL recruit camps. then 2* training etc is down to the unit
            We can consolidate the recruits in a single recruit camp and take instructors from three battery's. Usually have 30 or 40 - it works well TBH, granted there are less logistical problems sending them to a centralised camp like Bere Island but it's not a nightmare when we run our own.
            "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Psuedo lesbian antics captured on Bebo

I dont beleive it

PM me the pics just to prove it
              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by concussion View Post
                We can consolidate the recruits in a single recruit camp and take instructors from three battery's. Usually have 30 or 40 - it works well TBH, granted there are less logistical problems sending them to a centralised camp like Bere Island but it's not a nightmare when we run our own.
                The obvious solution to conducting Recruit Training for the RDF AD Btys is to centralise the
                training for all Btys in DFTC - loads of room, facilities, etc etc
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

IMHO:
                  Recruit Module 2 - centralised at unit/bde level
                  2*-3* - centralised at unit/bde level
                  Corps training/annual camps - Corps Concentrations

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                    Didn't I have a good long rant about this a couple of months ago and the Equalizer called me on it ?
                    Remind me
                    As for accuracy, presumably the missile carries MRVs with terminal phase sensors and guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                      The obvious solution to conducting Recruit Training for the RDF AD Btys is to centralise the
                      training for all Btys in DFTC - loads of room, facilities, etc etc
                      Well, that's where everyone else will be training :wink:
                      That's where I did mine and it will probably be there again this year.

However I reckon that the most obvious solution would be a brigade with the facilities, the instructors and the capability to do it centrally and not have to throw it back to individual units. Oh well.
                      "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                        Remind me

HEREish

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                          IMHO:
                          Recruit Module 2 - centralised at unit/bde level
                          2*-3* - centralised at unit/bde level
                          Corps training/annual camps - Corps Concentrations
                          The first two are already happening for Corps units !

Inf Bns train their own recruits in house......
                          As you probably know, 62 FAR has done the Recruit Module 2 training
                          for Corps units on E Bde for the last 2 years now (or is it 3 ?)

The Cavalry Corps are doing the third one for near on 10 years now, with the advent of the
                          PSO exercises

Comment

The reason there is going to be no fully centralised Recruit training in the Southern Brigade is because the man who brought it in, Lt. Col. O' Meara (PDF Ret) brought it in. And now that he is retired people want it back to the old ways.

Comment

Centralised recruit training:
                              In East - 1 unit is tasked by Bde to run recruit training for all units in the Bde
                              In South - 1 location is set by Bde for recruit training and all units bring their recruits there and train them
                              In West - ?

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                                Centralised recruit training:
                                In East - 1 unit is tasked by Bde to run recruit training for all units in the Bde
                                In South - 1 location is set by Bde for recruit training and all units bring their recruits there and train them
                                In West - ?
                                I'm pretty sure one unit runs the camp, and request instructors from various Units because they don't have enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X