No announcement yet.

Cover for Day of Industrial Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't call duty of care a burden, I would call it compassion a moral obligation and being in touch with your human loving giving side.

I hope your mother doesn't fall down the stairs next Monday and require medical attention from like minded individuals as yourself.

Comment

to that end then maybe industrial action should be banned as workers have a moral obligation to customers, consumers and end users or maybe only certain industries should be allowed industrial action - the ones that would have least impact.

How far does Moral obligation and the duty of care go.
      Is there any circumstance in which the EMS can remove their cover or should they suffer all the slings and arrows and not oppose them

Comment

Can you explain to me, a mere private sector worker, paying for my own unsubsidised pension from my self generated income who hasn't got any guarantee of a job for life, is happy to pay his fare share of taxes, unbegrudgingly, in part to fund those in the public sector, what will be gained by a one day strike?

Comment

I took a job in the public sector over 20 years ago when no one wanted to join up. I took the job for security not the pay, it was a choice I made at the time.
          I too pay my taxes unbegrudgingly

For me this is not about public verses private, this about the people against the Government.
          The only way to show them that we wont take sitting down is by industrial action, I see it as a warning to them that we are not happy.
          I dont know of any other way to voice my opinion. You may say I should express my opinion with my vote in the local elections but no matter who is in power we the people have been raped and pilaged by successive governments who have chossen to line their own pockets with more ministerial positions, pay increases well above the odds, and scamming on expenses.
          So how else do we express our dissatisfaction or do we bitch to each other and carry on as normal

Comment

APC

your probably one of the very few really honest Civil and Public Servants by saying

I took the job for security not the pay, it was a choice I made at the time.
            when though is the bitching going to stop

surely we should all take a breather - let the Governement get or attemept to get us out of this mess

let the opposition focus on being an effective opposition and actually do their job

we should call off all disputes- campaings and such like for 6 months

and if there is not an improvement then all should take to the streets.

I think the local elections should be delayed for another year as well
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

They know youre not happy, following a day off on a picket line they will still know, nothing will have changed.

Through no ones fault (apparently ) we have to pay more taxes.

We dont want to, but moaning and taking days off wont help. Problem solving end of.

In relation to all those taking the day off, if the country can get by with you all on a 4 day week, why not save the country more money and all be put on a permanent 4 day week.

Comment

In relation to all those taking the day off, if the country can get by with you all on a 4 day week, why not save the country more money and all be put on a permanent 4 day week.
                Except the Essential services

But I do think the Government lead us to the situation we are in now and they pay lip service to the workers. They should lead by example.
                They do not.
                They did nothing to control the lending and They let Anglo Irish off the hook because its a Fianna Fail bank and too many TD's are involved. ( thats why there was a panic to fix it)
                What have they actually done since this crisis happened, They propped up the banking system without any disclosure from the banks and half arsed gaurantees.

Wait till the budget comes out and remember pay cuts and tax increases on high earners have less of an impact than on the lower earners

Comment

No work stoppage Monday, Dispute deferred

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                    I think the local elections should be delayed for another year as well
                    Constitutionally, the locals cannot be delayed beyond December 31st this year.

LOCAL GOVERNMENT
                    Article 28A
                    3. Elections for members of such local authorities shall be held in accordance with law not later than the end of the fifth year after the year in which they were last held.

Delaying them would serve no purpose other than to save Fianna Fáil and associated hangers on the kicking they deserve.
                    sigpic
                    Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                    My favourite moment was when the
                    Originally posted by hedgehog
                    red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Originally posted by apc View Post
                      Except the Essential services
                      You mustn't consider yourself that essential if you're willing to strike.

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog View Post
                        Constitutionally, the locals cannot be delayed beyond December 31st this year.

Delaying them would serve no purpose other than to save Fianna Fáil and associated hangers on the kicking they deserve.
                        I was hoping to just sneak that one in

before anyone noticed it
                        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Would you be prepared to take a cut in wages to bail the country for someone elses **** ups.?

I certainly won't be .

But it has to be realised that certain public entities lost control of their finances in the past ten years especially in regarding to pay issues.

From my perspective weak management who just wanted a easy ride devoid of IR issues are a major cause of the over spending we have in the public sector.

The system of checks and balances failed..indeed if there were any and the taxpayers both public and private sector are going to have to pick up the tab.

Opppertunistic people back by Unions looking for payback and a n oversized bite of the cherry got awards that were way out of line with reality, while they might not have been termed pay increases they were slipped in under the radar in the form off allowances wioth basically no return from the employees.

Heres one most won't know about...its to do witha an agreement with the Royal College of Surgeons and the HSE.

Junior Doctors are entitled to acess to a bursary fund in each of the hospitals they work in..uncapped .

Intern 'A' can apply to be reimbursed for all his associated costs at each of the hospitals he works at during the year. ie he can buy as many lap tops mobile phones etc and each location will reimburse him.

Yes they have to provide receipts etc but there is no cross referencing to check how many laptops etc have been bought by the individual in the one year.

Accountabilty I fear not.
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                          X