Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruitment/Promotion Embargo (untill end of 2010!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seanachie View Post
    Cutting the establishment reduces the number of replacements they would have to provide, also narrows the promotion ladders and reduces estimates in costs when preparing funding for pay etc.

Absolutely nothing to do with the RDF doing duties.
    But doesn't reduce the jobs being to be done!

Closing barracks means less duties, logs admin of barracks, catering etc etc.

Comment

• October issue of An Cosantoir, page 21, regarding the Annual Delegate Conference for RDFRA.

One of the main points listed: No plans for recruitment for the RDF for 2012. I make that three years with no recruitment. Well, in my neck of the woods anyway.

I was on the recent Ex in the E Bde and the numbers looked very small. Certainly compared to earlier years.

Is there a critical point where if there is no recruitment for x number of years the RDF will no longer be able to function? (Some will say it doesn't function anyway, but that's another argument)
      I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
      Who is number 1?

Comment

• One of my mates is training with a new bunch of RDF in dublin.
        They can't be sworn in till they get the all clear but they still train most weeks.

I think units are all finding lil ways around the embargo..
        Life's short, party naked :-)

Comment

• More new recruits will be coming in the next few months.

Comment

• Any idea how many. My coy got 3 last year. We are very short on ptes and need at least a plt of recruits

Comment

• Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
              Any idea how many. My coy got 3 last year. We are very short on ptes and need at least a plt of recruits
              I was referring to PDF recruits.
              Haven't heard anything about numbers yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad P View Post
                One of my mates is training with a new bunch of RDF in dublin.
                They can't be sworn in till they get the all clear but they still train most weeks.

You'll find they won't!

All security clearances go via RDF Bde HQ, they won't be sent to the Gardai.

If you do get a security clearance back, it is Area Records that issue an army number and they won't.

Both the above are unless authorised by higher authority.
                Last edited by DeV; 5 October 2011, 18:29.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                  You'll find they won't!
                  I was just going by what i was told by him..
                  And if you'll indulge me with another bit of hearsay. A few of our NCO's
                  are saying the next batch of PDF recruits look to be getting taken on around january.

The last batch of recruits are passing out as 3 stars this friday.
                  Fair play to them all
                  Life's short, party naked :-)

Comment

I was just going by what i was told by him..
                    And if you'll indulge me with another bit of hearsay. A few of our NCO's
                    are saying the next batch of PDF recruits look to be getting taken on around january.

The last batch of recruits are passing out as 3 stars this friday.
                    Fair play to them all
                    The current panel expires on the 1st of January 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Prisoner View Post
                      Is there a critical point where if there is no recruitment for x number of years the RDF will no longer be able to function? (Some will say it doesn't function anyway, but that's another argument)
                      If units can learn to share (camps, duties, ranges) then I don't see how ways and means can't be found to keep the ball rolling, so long as there's enough trained men to do security.

Comment

• A good point. Define "function"
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                          A good point. Define "function"
                          The ability to provide employment to barmen in the vicinity of camps.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                            A good point. Define "function"
                            Ability to carry out the necessary administration and training activities year-on-year? Retention of sufficient NCO capacity to be able to ratchet back up in numbers once/if the embargo ends?

Comment

One of my mates is training with a new bunch of RDF in dublin.

maybe they will continue in such a manner and as the RDF is starved of nuw blood they will become the "continuity RDF"
                              Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicklaman View Post
                                Ability to carry out the necessary administration and training activities year-on-year? Retention of sufficient NCO capacity to be able to ratchet back up in numbers once/if the embargo ends?
                                We didn't have sufficient NCO capacity in the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X