Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruitment/Promotion Embargo (untill end of 2010!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this promotion embargo isa great idea.

There are currently vacancies in my Unit and the glory hunters have been turning up and putting their faces about recently. Now just watch them disappear again and wait for the excuses why thay can't attend.
    I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
    Who is number 1?

Comment

• Why is everyone so down about the RDF having a Recruitment Embargo? This could be the best thing that ever happened to the Reserves if we let it be.

Since there will be no new lads in for the next 1.5 years the RDF Should bring in Mandatory Fitness tests to be completed by April 2010. They should run a few Courses for PTI's and such so when the time comes for new recruits they can be trained in fitness as well.

I actually have a huge "manifesto" of sorts at the moment that I am writing about the problems with the RDF and how this Embargo can be a positive thing. I will post it here when I am done with it.
      I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
        Since there will be no new lads in for the next 1.5 years the RDF Should bring in Mandatory Fitness tests to be completed by April 2010. They should run a few Courses for PTI's and such so when the time comes for new recruits they can be trained in fitness as well.

Cant run a PTI course for Reserve when limited to 7 or max 14 mandays
        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
          Cant run a PTI course for Reserve when limited to 7 or max 14 mandays
          Ya, there is that, but that can be lifted with the stroke of a pen. All the Dept of Finance said was No more people Paid. They didn't say the reserve can't do as many days as the powers that be want us to do.

Comment

• How long is the PTI course 8-10 weeks?

You mean to say someone is going to do that for free?
            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Dazzler, the RDF has massive turnover as it stands. Add to that the fact that nobody is going to be happy with having no chance of promotion in the next 2 years, and even more people are going to start leaving, with nobody to replace them. And you want to start throwing people out for not passing a fitness test? Bring in an ethos of fitness, yes, but now is not the time to start telling people "get fit or get out", as it will bring units to manning levels that are too low to even attempt most training.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                How long is the PTI course 8-10 weeks?

You mean to say someone is going to do that for free?
                No, not unpaid, what I meant was they Dept said no New people being paid and noone getting higher pay. They did not say that the Reserve can't be paid for every week done no matter how many weeks.

I was not aware how long the course was though, so I suppose my arguement is null. But, BTW I would do it given the chance, even if I am definitely not fit enough at the moment!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry View Post
                  Dazzler, the RDF has massive turnover as it stands. Add to that the fact that nobody is going to be happy with having no chance of promotion in the next 2 years, and even more people are going to start leaving, with nobody to replace them. And you want to start throwing people out for not passing a fitness test? Bring in an ethos of fitness, yes, but now is not the time to start telling people "get fit or get out", as it will bring units to manning levels that are too low to even attempt most training.
                  If they are given 1 year to get fit and can't hack it, then yes I am saying throw people out on their asses. There should be noone in the reserve who is incapable of getting fit enough for a Grade 4 in the IT's within 1 year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry View Post
                    now is not the time to start telling people "get fit or get out", as it will bring units to manning levels that are too low to even attempt most training.
                    Maybe this is a good thing. It certainly removes the "your services no longer required" talk if the Mil Auth and DoD move to cut the RDF established strength. I'd say 30% would be cut out

Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
                    No, not unpaid, what I meant was they Dept said no New people being paid and noone getting higher pay. They did not say that the Reserve can't be paid for every week done no matter how many weeks.
                    Eh, yes they did. There is a cap on the amount of mandays you can do.

Comment

• PTL - 2 weeks
                      PTS - 6 weeks (plus PTL completed)
                      PTI - 6 monts (plus PTS completed)
                      "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

• I heard today from a colleague in our HR that much of the ADMIN in HSE is to be whittled, and redistributed. Because of the high age profile in my dept, it is expected that we will take much of the middle management. God help us.

Redeployment is the key word.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• What the hell has age got to do with middle management

Comment

• Our lot are old, all approaching retirement. The HSE has lots and lots of middle managers in their late 30s early 40s. Our old middle managers are all planning their early retirement... nobody is getting promoted, the HSE have them to spare.

Comment

• os a crossover between public and civil servants allowed
                              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• It depends on the agency really.

Comment

Working...
                                X