Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruitment/Promotion Embargo (untill end of 2010!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this now effect people on the RDF Potential officers, standards and potential NCO courses too? The Pots Officers already have a year done.

Cadets will hardely be stopped from being commissioned either? I can see the minister being asked to let the current batch of almost trained PDF and RDF officers to go through given the investment already put in by the state in their training.

Comment

Originally posted by greyfox View Post
      http://www.1bderdf.com/

note the thing at the end regards recruiting
      Saw that myself last night. I suppose all that can be said is.

RIP RDF. 2005 - 2009ish.

I have more on this subject. in fact I have a whole huge stream of thought in my head right now, but can't put it up now. Definitely going to put it up later.
      I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

think there is a possibility of a bombshell today for all of us , then again it could just be the ARW , (rumor):confused:
        in two years time the numbers will be so low and the age profile so high and top heavy as to be next to useless,

being part of a group for last few years who put a lot of time / effort into recruiting we are just seeing a return on the hard work having some on POTs courses 3 * 2* and a bright recruiting pool the time and effort seems to have been rewarded. if the RDF survives it will be back to the start line again ,
        regards courses no one knows yet but the answers are coming today apparently , there appears to be total confusion amongst officers / cadre as no one is giving definite answers as some one who is supposed to be off on course soon it a real pain
        Last edited by greyfox; 7 April 2009, 10:38.
        "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Gardai are saying if every promotion/recruitment goes over lenihans desk its in effect politicising recruitment/promotions. http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0407/garda.html

Comment

Originally posted by greyfox View Post
            think there is a possibility of a bombshell today for all of us , then again it could just be the ARW , (rumor):confused:
            in two years time the numbers will be so low and the age profile so high and top heavy as to be next to useless,

being part of a group for last few years who put a lot of time / effort into recruiting we are just seeing a return on the hard work having some on POTs courses 3 * 2* and a bright recruiting pool the time and effort seems to have been rewarded. if the RDF survives it will be back to the start line again ,
            regards courses no one knows yet but the answers are coming today apparently , there appears to be total confusion amongst officers / cadre as no one is giving definite answers as some one who is supposed to be off on course soon it a real pain
            It is only the budget measures that are being announced today so only the likes of tax and possibly the headlines of cutbacks, the estimates (expenditure) aren't being announced untill after the Dail's Easter break (they are back on 26th April).

Personally I don't mind cuts, I remember when things were improving around 2002/3, so long as they are fair & timely!!!!

Comment

All I can say is make sure you attend your UNPAID training and plan what camps/courses you are going to do well in advance.

Comment

Manday juggling !

Wrt the previous comments on courses, and due to suspension of promotion & recruitment, career courses have really come into the limelight. (as for wasting mandays )
                Consider the following example:
                The Pot NCO Cse in 1 S. Bde BTC has about 60 students & 10 staff, each doing 21 days FTT, takes 1470 days. If this was cancelled, 490 days would at least come back into the manday pool, provided the 70 do 14 days FTT.
                Now, Each unit in the South has been allocated a manday allowance, and with certain strengths at present, members will not be able to do 14 days FTT, not by lack of commitment, but by virtue of mandays. Yes, one can argue that Bde HQ gave out the wrong allocation, but with 19000 available, someone has to suffer.
                Now, Full Gratuity (14 days FTT) becomes an issue !

So, by re-allocating the 490 days, the bde itself could offer the general mass a better equilibrium.
                This methodology could be applied to all promotion courses ! , including Recruits !

Now, I'm not considering the negativity of the personal trg aspects lost here, but focusing solely on numbers, which is what the PDF higher level will be doing !

So, its all about playing with the manday pool !

Comment

Jaysus somebody might be listening to you Marty... just got word the Standard NCO's course has been cancelled
                  "I'm like Bush, I see the world more like checkers than chess." - Dennis Miller

Comment

Is there much point in continuing with providing career course FTT for a group of people who won't be promoted at the end of it?

Edit.. Just reading that about the standards course.. things seem to be moving very fast.
                    Last edited by glic; 7 April 2009, 13:23.

Comment

Originally posted by glic View Post
                      ... things seem to be moving very fast.
                      Thats whats worrying... God knows the Army in this country isn't used to moving anything fast....
                      "I'm like Bush, I see the world more like checkers than chess." - Dennis Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Llorrac View Post
                        Jaysus somebody might be listening to you Marty... just got word the Standard NCO's course has been cancelled
                        that for certain i was supposed to be on that ,, but could not get a definite answer over weekend ,, as some one who attends more then my fair share of unpaid training and planned it well in advance because of fitness ect it is a kick in the stones as i turned down other opportunity's to attend it , the timing is brutal if it is ,
                        Looking at it from a non personal time commitment point of view it probably right to share out the 21 man days i would use up on it as our unit has been slashed maydays ,

Comment

std nco cse

just to confirm the std nco cse IS NOT CANCELLED. it is still going ahead.
                          Lock and load

Comment

Originally posted by EL_CAPATIANO View Post
                            just to confirm the std nco cse IS NOT CANCELLED. it is still going ahead.
                            funnily enough i was told that it was canceled the upcoming week any way great the way army cannot agree on anything,:confused:

Comment

Tell enough people it has been cancelled when it isn't... nobody shows up...et viola, you have to cancel it...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Recruitment suspended?Just noticed Army Trainee Technician Scheme 2009 on military.ie. Any idea what the story with that is

Comment

Working...
                                X