Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruitment/Promotion Embargo (untill end of 2010!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All,

Many veterans are looking to work in the oil and gas industry upon finishing their duty. I have found that the best way to get started in the oil and gas industry is to begin by having a look at an oil & gas specific job board and seeing which roles are available. In my opinion, it's important to use a job board as you maximize the number of jobs in one place, and avoid missing any great opportunities...saves you time endlessly scanning the internet for the best jobs! The oil & gas job board at the moment with the most jobs listed is www.oilandgasbestjobs.com so it may be worth giving that a try as a starting point. Once you have a good idea of the type of jobs which are available for your skills, tailor your resume to emphasize the points which would be relevant. Then simply start sending your resume off for the jobs you like the look of (you just need to register/upload your CV once and you can apply for as many jobs as you like).

I hope this helps!

Charlotte Myers
    URL www.oilandgasbestjobs.com

Comment

• ERROR 4.0.4Something  Went Wrong The page you are looking for was moved, removed, renamed or might never existed. Please Click on Home below to return to the main menu. HOME

Comment

• Cadetships have started now but I'm having trouble signing up, is it only for serving members?

Comment

• Album of the Commissioning of the 93rd Cadet Calss now up on Flickr
          Couple of things I noted with interest from the pictures:

1. The Army Officers to be were wearing their pips, concealed by sliders on the epaulettes, pre commissioning, rather than the previous practice of the pips being mounted during the ceremony.
          A new departure, or more likely time saving due to the numbers?

2. Two Mil College Sgts Major, the existing one and a newly promoted one (when I last encountered this gent, he was a C/S, so presuming he got the bump).
          The newly promoted one appeared to be the one in the position of giving the new officers their first salute, taking the scroll, etc.
          Is the current RSM going on his ticket?
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
            1. The Army Officers to be were wearing their pips, concealed by sliders on the epaulettes, pre commissioning, rather than the previous practice of the pips being mounted during the ceremony.
            A new departure, or more likely time saving due to the numbers?
            Used to be problems with Pips being different depending on batch etc. You would reach into a box and pull out 2 which could look completely different, and even fasten differently. There were proper brass pips and some awful staybrite ones, some came with proper mounts and some had to have holes in the epaulettes to fit on assuming they didn't snap while being mounted. Even the brass pips might have slightly different colours. After the ceremonies, you would have people trying to swop pips in order to get matching sets, or worse, trying to make sure they weren't the last ones with a set of staybrites.
            Worst I ever saw was a mounting that took several minutes as the officers struggled to get the pips to stay in place only for the pip in question to go flying when the poor young officer saluted the Minister.
            This makes a lot more sense.
            Last edited by Poiuyt; 29 January 2018, 10:43.

Comment

• The new sliders seemed to work quite well.

Hardly noticeable really.

Comment

• €21.3 m underspend in Defence in 2017 according to C&AG

I wonder how much was pay & allowances?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                  €21.3 m underspend in Defence in 2017 according to C&AG

I wonder how much was pay & allowances?
                  A chunk of that will be money that was committed in 2017 but delivery didn't happen until 2018 so the expense is incurred in 2018

Comment

• €45,000 x 500 = €22.5mil

Looks like payroll figure

Comment

• Oh dear...

Recruitment campaign led to a net increase of three people in defence forces personnel – Dáil told - Independent.ie

John Downing
                      March 27 2019 2:28 PM

The Government held a major year-long recruitment campaign for the army, navy and air corps – and it yielded a net increase of just three people, the Dáil has been told.

Fianna Fáil leader Micheál Martin said the army and other parts of the defence forces are in crisis with huge numbers were leaving the defence forces every single day.

He said serving members of the forces and their families “suffer from food, fuel, income and child poverty” and many were leaving to take better-paid jobs elsewhere in the public service.

Mr Martin said a huge recruitment campaign in 2017, when set against the huge numbers leaving, increased to the overall complement by just three.

“There’s a blind dependence by Government on recruiting its way on this crisis,” the Fianna Fáil leader said. He added that a total of up to 50 people in all services were leaving each month.

There was a crisis in the numbers even allowing for the 450 personnel in full-time training and the 670 serving overseas.

During Dáil leaders’ questions Mr Martin said ships were not able to sail last month due to lack of personnel and the Air Corps operating at just 70pc capacity.

Replying, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar acknowledged the difficulties with retention of personnel but he also argued the issue of pay was being addressed.

“Pay restoration is well underway across the public sector,” the Taoiseach said.

Mr Varadkar said anyone paid under €80,000 per year would have full pay restoration by the end of this year and there was a special examination of defence forces’ allowances. “We’re allowing for the re-entry of people into the Defence Forces,” he said.

Online Editors
                      'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                      'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                      Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                      He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                      http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• The sheer effort that the DF went to to get those huge numbers recruited and trained only to have the DOD waste the lot is a real shame. I would use stronger language but I need to be civil

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
                          The sheer effort that the DF went to to get those huge numbers recruited and trained only to have the DOD waste the lot is a real shame. I would use stronger language but I need to be civil
                          Its not unique to the DF.

Where I work we have c1200 people employed , aprox 500 nurses. in 2017/18 we lost 30 nurses through natural wastage, with huge difficulty we manage to employee 29.. a net loss of one. The man hours and cost of recruitment was huge...we actually had walk in interviews for nurses, something that didn't exist 5 years previous, we still have a deficiency in nursing staff.. the post are there but no one wants them!

Public service retention is falling apart.
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
                            The sheer effort that the DF went to to get those huge numbers recruited and trained only to have the DOD waste the lot is a real shame. I would use stronger language but I need to be civil
                            Well said

Putting further strain on existing personnel and resources to make it possible

Comment

• So at what point does the Defence Forces fall below critical mass to sustain itself and implodes?

6000?

Comment

• Originally posted by TangoSierra View Post
                                So at what point does the Defence Forces fall below critical mass to sustain itself and implodes?

6000?
                                About 500 people ago

Comment

Working...
                                X