Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruitment/Promotion Embargo (untill end of 2010!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct me if I am wrong but do not all promotions need to be published in RO's ? You are partially correct in that from memory you could get a call "congrats you are promoted wef date x" which is usually a few days before you get the call and indeed you are that rank since date X but surely it still has to be published in an RO at some stage.

No issue with anyone being put forward for promotion especially those that have completed career courses, congrats but I have a serious issue with anyone wearing rank slides they are not entitled to wear and stand over that part of my post.

Comment

• For officers the prime document for promotions and postings is the Gazette.

Comment

• Originally posted by kermit
        Officers are not promoted by the publishing of ROs.

3. Comdt -> Lt Col (1 S Bde)
        So you admit you were wrong then and have sullied someones reputation on this board.

Comment

• How long can the DF go without recruits before it begins to feel an effect, or are the effects being felt already??

Comment

• Originally posted by ArdMhacha View Post
            How long can the DF go without recruits before it begins to feel an effect, or are the effects being felt already??
            The effects are already being felt, Units are under strength as it is and it's only gonna get worse as more people leave.

Comment

• Not good, a top up of recruits would probably have served the DF better than 30 cadets...

Comment

• Originally posted by ArdMhacha View Post
                Not good, a top up of recruits would probably have served the DF better than 30 cadets...
                I'll just keep quiet on that topic

Comment

• Yeah, perhaps your right

Comment

• So you are saying that 3 has, in which case your allegation is incorrect.

Comment

• Good to see some of the recruits that were stcuk in the pipe line are now going to get through.
                      We had 2 up last parade and I understand there are more on the way and not just for us.
                      Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

• Yes, the East has been very slow off the mark on this matter

Comment

• It'll be interesting to see what happens when FTT happens next year, if it happens at all.
                          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                            Yes, the East has been very slow off the mark on this matter
                            My sub-unit has got 9 in (I think it is), we only have 1 left who has completed everything and I just waiting on a place. Some of them have been in the process 12 months!

Comment

• Any incling as to when things'll kick off again? Was talking to an RDF Sgt. recently and he said get back to him in late November with the view of stuff being back in January. Mere speculation? And does anyone know the chances of getting into a unit that is understrength as a kind of desperate attempt to get in to the RDF. Unit strength, I'm guessing, would not be public knowledge, so is there anyone I could ask who'd be in the know as to what's going as regards to places? Or are they leaving under strength units as they are?
                              Last edited by Captain Edmund Blackadder; 29 October 2009, 21:31.
                              Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

• Wait till after Budget I'd say.
                                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                                X