Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruitment/Promotion Embargo (untill end of 2010!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand. How long does getting passed through take? I've 2 Garda vetting forms done in the last 11 months, both for the DF. I tracked the first one down in the vetting bereau myself just before the embargo, and it wasn't passed through in time to get me in with the RDF both sides blamed eachother for losing the form, and the second was done during the Cadet 2009 competition. Could I get that passed through to the relevant people? Would it speed up the process in any way? How long should it take between applying and getting sworn in?
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

• If the one for the RDF ever found its way back to the unit then it may be possible to use that one, however the cadet one won't be used because they don't share.

Comment

• The RDF one made it back to brigade. I know that becuse i spent a day chasing it down in Templemore. How long does the process from appliction to swearing in take normally?

Comment

• Garda vetting forms have a limited shelf life.

If/when recruiting begins again it could well be out of date.
          Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

• Lovely. More delay. Thank Fook I want this as bad as I do so. Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Getting involved in local youth club/ youth programmes helps loads. You will have to have a Garda clearnce done to work with minors and so will help in fast tracking application. I.e - There is a file with your name on it already.
              "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Fantastic. It's there twice already. I'll get it in there again so. Anything to help me get this. Thanks again guys.

Comment

• How long is an application to the PDF valid for, 6 months? a year? I applied in April 2008, doubt its still valid now

Comment

• Nothing fast tracks the process. The security clearance process has been the bain of my life for the past 15 years. It varies from 4 weeks to 12 months to some times not coming back at all. There does not appear to be any rhyme or reason as to why some clearances are faster than others. As regards to whether or not the RDF unit you applied to will use your old security clearance will depend on the risk appetite of the officer enlisting you.

Comment

• Its all well and good people talking about this embargo being removed...

At the end of the day though, what will it look like. And until we have confirmation that it is lifted, we shoudln't get our hopes up.
                      Or other people's for that matter.

Comment

• True

Comment

• Originally posted by ArdMhacha View Post
                          How long is an application to the PDF valid for, 6 months? a year? I applied in April 2008, doubt its still valid now
                          Your application to join should still be on the books. It's just the security clearance that has a sell by date. The only problem you might face is if you are close to the age limit, will they lift the embargo while you're young enough?
                          CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

• Hopefully they do lift it in time, I'm 24 next summer so I'm getting it tight for time.

Comment

• Anyone know whether their actually going to lift the ban temporarily??

Comment

• Don't bet on it!

What PDFORRA thing of the cuts - http://pdforra.ie/docs/PDFORRA-Pay-Cut-Lobby.pdf

Comment

Working...
                                X