Old Age Pensioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Age Pensioner

im 22 now and realise my chance at the cadets is gone with the new recruitment freeze. my question is, would i have as good of a chance in joining the army, general service, at 24 or 25 as i would have had at 18 or so. what would ye think? do they generally look for younger lads than the maximum joining age? thanks

Personnally I would think a good chance (you are more mature (but then again more settled)) so long a you are still fit!

Comment

i was thinkin the exact same thing, im also 22, we will be gettin it tight for time if this embargo is lifted at the end of 2010. however, when i was trainin in 2005 there wernt that many of us under 20, the majority of my platoon were between 23 and 25 so it mite not be too bad, but again we are basing our hopes of getting recruited on the embargo being lifted on time

Comment

Originally posted by ArdMhacha View Post
        i was thinkin the exact same thing, im also 22, we will be gettin it tight for time if this embargo is lifted at the end of 2010. however, when i was trainin in 2005 there wernt that many of us under 20, the majority of my platoon were between 23 and 25 so it mite not be too bad, but again we are basing our hopes of getting recruited on the embargo being lifted on time
        I might be wrong here but are serving members of the RDF not given an extra 2 years on the maximum joining age?
        CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

Yes for the DF it is a good option to pick more matyre people for avariety of reasons and I would reckon your chances are better when you apply above a certain age.

The positive from your own perspective is that you will have had enough time to think it through and will be able to present this at the interview stage.

Plenty of time.
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Nothing wrong with joining at 25. As long as you're fit, well motivated, interested and prepared to become a good team player (if you're not already) you'll have no issues. Know plenty who joined in and around 25 and are excellent. Go for the Cadets whenever there's another competition. If you're under 28 there's no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by REX View Post
              I might be wrong here but are serving members of the RDF not given an extra 2 years on the maximum joining age?
              Not to join as a recruit, think it is a year for the cadets

Comment

Is it Beneficial to be in the RDF?

Hey just have a quick question about joining the pdf. was wondering if i would be at a disadvantage because i'm not in the rdf. i'm 23 and getting fit and trying to prepare for when they next recruit (hopefully before i pass the max age). i gave up smoking dope which was about time really, running at least three times a week, press ups most days even though can only do 20 max at a stretch. so i'm looking for anything to give me a higher chance of getting in.
                Any advice any of ye guys could give me would be seriously, seriously appreciated.

Cheers Fionn

Comment

Originally posted by fionn85 View Post
                  Hey just have a quick question about joining the pdf. was wondering if i would be at a disadvantage because i'm not in the rdf. i'm 23 and getting fit and trying to prepare for when they next recruit (hopefully before i pass the max age). i gave up smoking dope which was about time really, running at least three times a week, press ups most days even though can only do 20 max at a stretch. so i'm looking for anything to give me a higher chance of getting in.
                  Any advice any of ye guys could give me would be seriously, seriously appreciated.

Cheers Fionn
                  Recruiting for both the PDF and RDF has been suspended

Comment

Dev, career killer supreme.

Back to the dope now I suppose...

Comment

ya i read the thread. i'm just taking a chance and praying they do in 2010.

Comment

They are still recruiting in the UK you could do 3 yrs and they might be recruiting here again by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua View Post

Back to the dope now I suppose...
                          Na I'm gonna stay off it now. Had enough. So if I did three years in Brit army could I still join here even though I'll be over 25?

Comment

Upper age limit is 35 RDF and 25 PDF.

Comment

cool. cheers for the info.

Comment

Working...
                              X