Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nearly missed this one
    Don`t you mean Mr. Bean
    saw that coming mile away and wondered who would pick up on it...just had to be you!

I believe Albert left somewhere around 85ish and signed up with the Army
    Yeah I remember Albert M[MOD: SNIP]..it was 86 when he transferred out.

I got on with RS[MOD: SNIP]
    'the Brit S'[MOD: SNIP]... you must have been the only bloke in the whole NS that got on with him..assuming you are not him ....as he seemed to be the only person that liked himself.

Zig Zagging on the Eithne was often caused by mischevious bastards changing the cover on the lights indicating the helm was on auto or manual..I demonstrated this to Goldie last time we visited her....the helms man often took over believing the helm to be on 'auto 'as opposed manual and only realised it was on 'manual when he was a bout twenty degrees of coursde with no 'off course' alarm sounding.

You taught me well Damo..as for your searider driving abilities ..lets just say comfort wasn't on your priority list. I was bowman one day and you took me back from Tory Island..using your knee to keep the throttle open..my arse never touched the seat the whole way back.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

'the Brit S'.[MOD: SNIP].. you must have been the only bloke in the whole NS that got on with him..assuming you are not him ....as he seemed to be the only person that liked himself.

Came from a corpo house in inner city Dublin, seemed to give him a chip on his shoulder
      (Haughys mother was a good neighbour)

Comment

My posts have to go through a moderator so sorry for disjointed replies. Poor Ray. Hodgie the PO/Tel seen Ray and the girlfriend ....[MOD: SNIP]

Comment

I believe the good Mr S[MOD: SNIP] came from coolock, but preferred to say he was from Malahide

Comment

he wasn't adverse to dropping the odd clanger from time to time which reality highlighted some of his social graces and pretensions..as Popeye was prone to pointing out to him with the whole bridge as witness.

Crossed swords with guy once , never had much time for him after that although my divisional officer did exonherate me of any wrong doing
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by blaisec View Post
              I believe the good Mr S[MOD: SNIP] came from coolock, but preferred to say he was from Malahide
              Now a factory health and safety man in the Waterford area I hear

Comment

Thats a lot of personal info about some guy not here to defend himself lads....just saying..I wasn't there...

edit: mod got there before me....do carry on!
                Last edited by Jetjock; 5 April 2009, 23:48.

Comment

Gentlemen, give your colleagues a break, leave their names out of your discussion; put yourself in their shoes and imagine you are being named and discussed on the web.

I only have so many
                  [MOD: SNIP] I can use

Comment

Captain : Pops
                    XO : The Bas
                    EO : Ray
                    Nav : Pod
                    Guns : ???

Marie Celeste or what :

Comment

True enough. I got carried away. Sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua View Post
                        Gentlemen, give your colleagues a break, leave their names out of your discussion; put yourself in their shoes and imagine you are being named and discussed on the web.

I only have so many

Point taken

Comment

Originally posted by vladimirputin View Post
                          One thing is for sure. The tels never had to worry about a gas bottle landing on their noggin. Unless it was the CO2 bottle from the bar. They were usually well tucked up in bed or 'busy' in the radio cabin. I don't think they saw natural light from one end of a patrol to the next. A telegraphist commenting on salmon patrols or any patrol for that matter......DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH. Bunch a civies in mufti.
                          I have to say I do have a picture of a telegrapher sitting at his equipment and a bucket between his legs and getting sick into it. At least I had a sort of a flexi work routine, in that I was not tied to a shift or watch time table, so I could put the head down if I was green - some of the time. Watch keepers were stuck to their post regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
                            sorry muck diver - i was talking to w barr last thur night remember the night you dropped us on a diego ship at 04:00 hrs only to come back at 08;00 to collect me and barr
                            the captain pulled the plug in the engine room we nearly had breakfast with 'nemo'
                            that morning - you came to our rescue with the usual smile and quote 'what did you to do to the ship' only you would say that???
                            Can only say one thing
                            "Mars bar
                            Star bar
                            W***ie Bar !"

In a strong Cork accent
                            What do you mean abandon ship
                            Are they taking requests?

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua View Post

I only have so many

Jaysus, that scissors must be banjaxed!

Comment

Originally posted by damo de muff diver View Post
                                Can only say one thing
                                "Mars bar
                                Star bar
                                W***ie Bar !"

In a strong Cork accent
                                you beat me to it - was going to say that any word on 'boomie'

Comment

Working...
                                X