laundries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laundries

does every barracks/base now have a laundry,,, i remember the one in athlone was run by a lovely lady by the name of nora cauldwell. she loved us sailors and was like a mother to us,, is she still with us i would like to know

The Glen got one a few years ago

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
      does every barracks/base now have a laundry,,, i remember the one in athlone was run by a lovely lady by the name of nora cauldwell. she loved us sailors and was like a mother to us,, is she still with us i would like to know
      She had a son, Noelie Cauldwell in the army, with the 6th Bn

and she was a great character, always willing to have a chat while she worked.

Connaught Stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
        .... to which you would be hard pressed to get access to.......

Afraid of washing powder getting into the machines or something....
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
          What a Nora Cauldwell, are they on issue now?

Comment

Camp staff only have access, only issue kit!

Comment

any answers to post 1

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                any answers to post 1
                Saw a couple of washing machines in Cavan a while back. Dunno how more expansive the
                laundry system up there is, apart from that

Am told that Athlone has improved no end in this regard (laundry facilities)
                Last edited by Truck Driver; 21 June 2009, 09:32.
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Cavan does, Glen does, CBB does, Clonmel does, McKee does [ at least the last time I needed to use them they were there ]
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

there was no laundry facilaties in finner cmp in the 70s ya had to wash everything yourself
                    or throw your clothes in your car and drive to the laundry.

What good is in youth when it's ageing what joy are in eyes that cant see when there's sorrow in sunshine and flowers and only our rivers run free.

Comment

Working...
                    X