Spike Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
    yes murph that would have been the old ways/traditional . of thinking of getting the people who were there in the 80s to hoist the flag..if that is the flag that the officer has that they are claiming came from 1938 my name is idi amin!!! it is brand new...
    Thats not the 1938 flag, it says that it was handed over. A new one was raised.

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
      Thats not the 1938 flag, it says that it was handed over. A new one was raised.
      it said on papers that the flag that was used on the day was the original one from 1938 which is owned now by tom kelly in cobh. so someone got it wrong

Comment

it said on papers that the flag that was used on the day was the original one from 1938 which is owned now by tom kelly in cobh. so someone got it wrong
        Perhaps I can sort the confusion out. The flag that was raised was a new one. The old flag was handed over in a folded condition by a naval rating in a ceremony at ground level.

I have to say the naval guys did a wonderful job on the day. Great to see them at the event.

Comment

oh yes the bottle of water and mobile phone is a real bummer to a perfect picture
          What bottle of water and mobile phone is that?

Comment

jesus you can leave nothing lying around nowadays....good one tp..10/10

Comment

Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
              What bottle of water and mobile phone is that?
              Nice work!

Comment

Excellent TP!!!

Comment

Working...
                X