Permission to come on Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
    Is that Daithai M in the tight arse shorts?
    poor daithai that picture will ruin him for life - he went to thc army after that is the guy in the middle a stewart from dublin cant think of his last name 1st name john////

Comment

Welcome aboard Wreck Master

Looks a bit like Steve M from Cobh. THe two guys in the second pic are Martin (elvis impersonator) and Bob K
      Last edited by blaisec; 24 August 2009, 22:41.

Comment

Is that Daithai M in the tight arse shorts?
        Was a few pounds lighter in those days..athst him alright.

Welcome aboard Wreckmaster. the final photo of the jack being lowered on Emer in Cork harbour at Dusk. There was a mural in the old galley up on the stage....looks like thats the inpsiration for the painting.

Last open day I met 'Billy Biscuits' still hael and hearty.

Great photos.
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Sorry I have ripped the attic apart and cant find that box of pictures I moved house about 3 yrs ago , god knows where they went ,
          Last edited by wreckmaster; 19 September 2009, 00:43.

Comment

Funny story about Billy Biscuits and Rifles Counihan on a Lourdes trip. They were billeted in an army barracks somewhere in france, and the they decided to go into the nearest village. Only they decided to go cross country. I do not remember which one did it but they came to a ditch and decided to vault over it. The first guy over landed in a river or stream but said nothing, when asked if he was alright he replied yes and said nothing about the water and invited the rest of the group to follow him over.

Comment

last two picyres wont load, coming up as a '404'
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

We were Proud of that Rig

That was A/B Daithai in the tight arse shorts , Stevie M from Cobh .
                The Sunset picture was taken by a photographer from "The Paper and printed in same " Its My self I have the original to prove it and the wife says the noise is unmistakable.
                and yes thats Elvis and Bob K .
                Last edited by wreckmaster; 25 August 2009, 11:51.

Comment

Goldie will be happy to see you wreckmaster. He is an old Sea Dog too.

(i think)
                  Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 24 August 2009, 23:57.
                  RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Biscuits and Rifles some combo

Originally posted by blaisec View Post
                    Funny story about Billy Biscuits and Rifles
                    Rifles was wired to the moon and never took a drink, I dont think I'd risk going to Lourdes with either of them . I meet his brother regularly and pass on a few greetings . he is alive and well living up the country .

Comment

Welcome aboard Wreckmaster.I was on Emer with Biscuits and Cathal O'R,brother was on Deirdre.Keep the photos coming, bringing back many good memories.

Comment

Funny story about Billy Biscuits and Rifles Counihan on a Lourdes trip.
                        I would bet it was Biscuits would done the jump,I will check it out with him or Rifles the next time I am talking to them.When I see you mention Luigi name,I remember one day in the basin a certain seaman from Drogeha big Stevie B.,received a phone call while on QM from a Officer in the base.
                        Caller; Could I speak to LT. M........ your XO
                        QM; No officer of that name on this ship
                        Caller; Yes there is
                        QM;No there isn't,I should know I have been on this ship for the last 12 months
                        Caller;Well who is your XO?
                        QM; Its Lt.Luigi
                        Caller ;Get your XO to the phone now.
                        Priceless

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                          Goldie will be happy to see you wreckmaster. He is an old Sea Dog too.

(i think)
                          WRONG.

Neither Old, nor sea dog.(well compared to the likes of Laners and HPT anyway).
                          It's a common myth.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by cha the tel View Post
                            from Drogeha big Stevie B
                            That was brilliant , I had forgotten about Stevie .
                            I have another one , Heading for Dublin one week end we anchored off some where to get the decks painted just the one side as usual waited a few hours for same to dry preceded to Dublin. In Dublin A certain seaman was sent to the Foc'sle to paint some of the deck machinery, having spilt paint everywhere decided on a clean up . A 50/50 mix of water and white spirits in a bucket scrubbed it in to the lovely new green deck when all the white sprit was gone he then turned the hose on it , can you imagine the state of the ship the green ran from the foc'sle to about midships and over the sides , jes were we scrubbing green for a week. I have contact with Luigi , Tony M , he is still living in Cork but comes home often .

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                              WRONG.

Neither Old, nor sea dog.(well compared to the likes of Laners and HPT anyway).
                              It's a common myth.
                              Just because I did T O E Ts on the .303 I am now labeled as being old . Although I was a Sluggie at the time .
                              Last edited by Laners; 25 August 2009, 17:37.
                              Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

I think the difference is that while I did it on the No 4 Mk 2, yours was on the No IV, mk II..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X