This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldier 2010

Heard a few changes are coming to the field dress in 2010. i have listed the most important points that were proposed
    [LIST]
    • zips to replace buttons on pants and smocks, smock breast to have zips for side opening
    • new norgie with better tech specs dpm
    • new fleece dpm with better specs and soft shell
    • small irish flag replaced with larger irish flag
    • new df logo and irish defence forces "name tag over left pocket all smocks, shirts etc
    • dryflo to be dpm with velcro for rank markings
    • che che to replace shemagh in irish dpm
    • barcode on all issue
    • pockets on shirt to be designed like kaki shirt
    • renforced groin area in pants
    • elmer fud hat to have df logo

what do people think ?

Originally posted by Dog One View Post
    what do people think ?
    I think the RDF won't see Soldier 2010 until 2025

Comment

your right i would say. no under amour shirt which surprising ???

Comment

Originally posted by Dog One View Post
        Heard a few changes are coming to the field dress in 2010. i have listed the most important points that were proposed
        [LIST]
        • zips to replace buttons on pants and smocks, smock breast to have zips for side opening
        • new norgie with better tech specs dpm
        • new fleece dpm with better specs and soft shell
        • small irish flag replaced with larger irish flag
        • new df logo and irish defence forces "name tag over left pocket all smocks, shirts etc
        • dryflo to be dpm with velcro for rank markings
        • che che to replace shemagh in irish dpm
        • barcode on all issue
        • pockets on shirt to be designed like kaki shirt
        • renforced groin area in pants
        • elmer fud hat to have df logo

what do people think ?
        zips to replace buttons on pants and smocks, smock breast to have zips for side openingBad Idea

new norgie with better tech specs dpmGood Idea

new fleece dpm with better specs and soft shellGood Idea

small irish flag replaced with larger irish flag Good Idea

new df logo and irish defence forces "name tag over left pocket all smocks, shirts etcNot Needed

dryflo to be dpm with velcro for rank markingsDPM dryflo, STUPID Idea!

che che to replace shemagh in irish dpmWhats That?

barcode on all issueGood Idea

pockets on shirt to be designed like kaki shirtRETARTED Idea!

renforced groin area in pantsGood Idea, but it would make more sense to get rid of the uni sex throwers first

elmer fud hat to have df logoNot needed
        Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

with the battle vest i think the zips on smock breast pockets will be a good idea. as top entry is not poossible. also with battle vest pockets on shirt are reduntant, che che issued to guys going to chad its a scarf

Comment

I think the Bar Codes are already in..I actually remember someone here mentioning that a few months ago.

Comment

Is the Irish Flag gonna be on Velcro, or does it have to be stitched?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                I think the RDF won't see Soldier 2010 until 2025
                I think they'll never see it as the organisation will be well disbanded by that stage.
                The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
                (George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, 1856 - 1950)

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyshirt View Post
                  Is the Irish Flag gonna be on Velcro, or does it have to be stitched?
                  Should be left stiched, theres no need for us to have to take it off.

Comment

I agree with most of Paul's comments.

* zips to replace buttons on pants and smocks, smock breast to have zips for side opening
                    Zips have a dirty habit of breaking when you need them most
                    * new norgie with better tech specs dpm
                    [ why ? ]
                    * new fleece dpm with better specs and soft shell
                    [ the current fleece is excellent I think ]

* small irish flag replaced with larger irish flag [ why bother ]
                    * new df logo and irish defence forces "name tag over left pocket all smocks, shirts etc
                    [ why bother, who cares ]
                    * dryflo to be dpm with velcro for rank markings
                    [ again what a stupid mistake , for those who buy COTS driflo off the web from rvops and other manufacturers. ]
                    * che che to replace shemagh in irish dpm
                    * barcode on all issue
                    * pockets on shirt to be designed like kaki shirt
                    * renforced groin area in pants
                    * elmer fud hat to have df logo [ who gets this hat anyway ? ]
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

The Dryflo DPM is a good idea as they will be better when wearing BA as opposed to wearing a dry flo and shirt in 30-40 degree heat abroad

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                        I agree with most of Paul's comments.

* new norgie with better tech specs dpm
                        [ why ? ]
                        * new fleece dpm with better specs and soft shell
                        [ the current fleece is excellent I think ]
                        * small irish flag replaced with larger irish flag [ why bother ]
                        * new df logo and irish defence forces "name tag over left pocket all smocks, shirts etc
                        [ why bother, who cares ]
                        * dryflo to be dpm with velcro for rank markings
                        [ again what a stupid mistake , for those who buy COTS driflo off the web from rvops and other manufacturers. ]
                        * elmer fud hat to have df logo [ who gets this hat anyway ? ]
                        In order,
                        keep you warmer so you won't have to get your own gear, dpm though not the best idea, will be work as outer garment.

Again the same as above.

To reduce costs on buying 2 flags and having to have the larger one over seas, it all adds up.

No one, increasing costs, contritely to previous point.

Velcro good idea but whoever said for it to be in dpm should get a slap.

Tthe nordic battle group got them. The logo ,again raising costs as already stated.

Originally posted by Craghopper View Post
                        The Dryflo DPM is a good idea as they will be better when wearing BA as opposed to wearing a dry flo and shirt in 30-40 degree heat abroad
                        I would rather just wear the shirt than both, one flash fire and you have a nice case of skin+remains of dryflow and a nice couple of plastic surgery operations to "fix" your skin.

Comment

Will all the items now being made in DPM be IRR treated? The Brits used to issue DPM fleeces too, until they realised that they lit up like a christmas tree under IR light.

Comment

A question,

Does anybody know what stock the DF has of current issue kit, or how new kit is to be rolled out???.

Doe we know if the Fleece/Norwegian is available to RDF. I'm asking this as it is coming into winter and i have a Pl who have no Fleeces/Norgie/ jumpers, and parading outdoors the troops are suffering.
                            But there's no danger
                            It's a professional career
                            Though it could be arranged
                            With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
                            If you're out of luck you're out of work
                            We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

zips to replace buttons on pants and smocks, smock breast to have zips for side opening
                              Could be worse, the US have velcro on all pockets!
                              Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Comment

Working...
                              X