Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company called Tailored Image in Dungannon. has partner companies in Asia and Easter Europe

Comment

• Yeah, they have a place just off the dual carriageway in a small outlet centre. Its not their first gig for the DF, i think they might have a DF civilian suit contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
        Was wondering the same myself. I checked E-Tenders, but couldn't find a tender doc.
        Probably a fastball to take advantage of the weak sterling.

The same company produced the new clip on tie for the SD's
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck View Post
          What's the new style? Similar dry flo material?
          I have one. It's a major improvement on the DPM driflo anyway, has a different feel to it as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
            I have one. It's a major improvement on the DPM driflo anyway, has a different feel to it as well.
            T-shirt or UBAC?
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Their quality is very poor. We got a new issue of uniform recently and there are so many things wrong, rather than doing returns individually, we will be doing them collectively. I got two identically sized trousers, one which had legs that were 2 inches longer than the other. The stitching on the pocket failed after less than a week. The front stitching on the shirt is done on a misscut material. Badges that used to be embroidered to the garment are now instead just an embroidered badge, ironed on.
              I have worn peakers and other uniform hats for 28 years, I know exactly what my hat size is. However for some reason with Tailored image my size is too big, and I have to go a size smaller. My head has not shrunk.
              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• My head has not shrunk.
                LOL. Some would say it has gone the opposite way over the years!!
                (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

Comment

• Originally posted by ropebag View Post
                  this may sound pretty obvious, but can i suggest that if the standard version of a boot isn't durable enough for a job like the training team in Mali, then its not going to be durable enough for pretty much anything involving people with rifles, and that you should stop using them..?

what, if curiosity is allowed to get the better of me, boots does the Irish Army does the issue for the Afghanistan and Mali jobs?
                  Funny that seeing as you lot still issue the same boot in the Desert patrol category.The Magnum scorpion.Ye just had the luxury of having a Desert combat category also for heavy duty stuff.We didn't.
                  Now we have both.

( The Scorpions are no longer made or issued to any other Irish contingent.Once the stocks of them have been exhausted I reckon the Haix desert boot will become standard.)

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                    LOL. Some would say it has gone the opposite way over the years!!
                    (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)
                    Open goal there.
                    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Anybody seen any of the trials kit knocking around?( or been issued any even?)

Comment

• New Soldier 2017 thread opened for discussion of new items of Army DPM kit.

Comment

Working...
                        X