This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
    ...I'd say they make the nametags and rank markings out of old smocks or something?
    Not anymore, from what I heard there last week... well, the nametags, anyway
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
      they will be selling the boonie too! probably protac...

(that, again, isnt it )

would like to get my hands on one of those...
      Like this??

Irish Military Retailer and Manufacturer of high quality equipment to the Irish Defence Forces and Public since 1994.

Why not just buy it off protac?
      Last edited by spaceghetti; 6 February 2010, 12:26.

Comment

Like this??

Irish Military Retailer and Manufacturer of high quality equipment to the Irish Defence Forces and Public since 1994.

oh, i didnt notice that silly me old age and all that!
        I knew a simple soldier boy.....
        Who grinned at life in empty joy,
        Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
        And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
        With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
        He put a bullet through his brain.
        And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
        Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
        Sneak home and pray you'll never know
        The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
          Got my grubby little paws on the new Norgie today.It is a dark olive green colour(Not bottle green ala the driflo/stable belt)has a "defence forces ireland " badge on the chest same as the driflo and is constructed of a coolmax/driflo material on the outside and a microfleece inner.Packs down really small aswell.Oh and the zip has a small shroud over it at the neck end.The thumb loops are gone though.Made by Carra.
          Looks like a good bit of kit but i will reserve judgement until i get mine and try it out.During the summer
          pity about thumb loops going. always liked that feature...not only on military stuff but civvy climbing gear. amazing the little bit of comfort from just pulling them down over hands.

new dpm gloves a nice bit of kit...but really just for static stuff and layering up when really cold.
          An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Like this??

Save your dosh and ignore it, I bought two of the suckers some time back and they are VERY OBVIOUSLY US Woodland pattern! I queried this with them and the cheeky feckers told me that " Irish DPM has evolved ", so thats why its different!
            Never ever eat yellow snow

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy9261 View Post
              Save your dosh and ignore it, I bought two of the suckers some time back and they are VERY OBVIOUSLY US Woodland pattern! I queried this with them and the cheeky feckers told me that " Irish DPM has evolved ", so thats why its different!
              Actually it is Irish DPM, although it is Protac's own version. It's the same pattern they have on their Irish DPM webbing, vest and rucksacks and so on.

If you look at the pattern you will see that it is exactly the same as issued Irish DPM, you can see the little shamerocks and everything.

Real issue Irish DPM is apparently copyrighted by the DF and it is illegal to recreate it. Thats why Protac made their own version of it, which exactly the same, only instead of a pale green as the light color (like in issue IDPM) it has a sort of a light tan.

Look at the boonie again and you while see that it is EXACTLY the same pattern as IDPM, with the only difference being a slight change in color.

Even in the picture i can tell its not US woodland.

Protac DPM is the closest thing you could possibly get to Irish DPM without actually being issued it by the DF.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy9261 View Post
                " Irish DPM has evolved "
                Actually there are about 3 generations of the camo. All have a different pattern and color set up. The Protac camo is a copy of the most recent version used by the DF.

Comment

Cheers Amurph, I know that there are differences but I wanted to replace my issue and discussed it with them before purchasing. S'pose we all need to move with the times, Im just a fussy fecker.
                  Never ever eat yellow snow

Comment

Does anyone know if they have they stopped making the DPM Nametags?
                    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
                      Does anyone know if they have they stopped making the DPM Nametags?
                      Go-Tactical???

It usually takes a few weeks to get them. I bought a set last year. A tener for 3 of them. Give em a ring shur

Comment

• Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
                        Just underneath are the manufacturers details and what the supposed specs of the shirt will be like

So it will be a proper under-armour and not some lookalike thing??

Either way, you'll never be allowed to wear it because there not allowed to produce equipment with the exact camo pattern of the DF. Beside, what they are selling defy's one of the main point of a under armour shirt, that being, flash fire resistance.
                        Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by paul View Post
                          Either way, you'll never be allowed to wear it because there not allowed to produce equipment with the exact camo pattern of the DF. Beside, what they are selling defy's one of the main point of a under armour shirt, that being, flash fire resistance.
                          That didn't stop them making the rank markings and nametags in proper Irish DPM.

And there's no law against them making it in Protac IDPM.

Body armor shirts were designed to wick moisture away from the body and increase comfort when wearing body armor in hot climates. Flame resistance is just one features that was added after incidents in Iraq and Afghanistan. Point being that flame resistance was not the influence behind designing the shirt, it was designed to provide comfort to the user.

Comment

• Troops started using under armour sports clothing as troops do.

After a number of incidents where the clothing melted into the skin and compounded injuries, the MAs banned their use, notably the USMC.

They ordered all troops to wear only cotton or flame resistant materials.

The civilian manufactures then set about developing these properties into their garments in parallel to the military who were developing their own - USMC FROG clothing for use by personnel who spent most of their time mounted.
                            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
                              That didn't stop them making the rank markings and nametags in proper Irish DPM.
                              Which your not meant to be alowed to wear.
                              Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

• Do protac make the Dpm Sleeves to hold the GPMG spare barrel and spare parts? We had them on the range recently and they appear to be the same as some of the Protac gear? Dpm but not perfect basically the protac version!
                                Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X