Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd also like to point out that I and many others in the PDF have had to do Recruit Training in those boots. 6 months on the ground, in the sea, up mountains and on parade with the one pair of boots.

Shortages and scale of issue affects the PDF too.
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

• Lads to point out again, on the current scale of issue a RDF recruit is not entitled to any boots (light operational, operational, safe toe, ceremonial (even 24Bs)) whatsoever!!!

Comment

• Spinning RDF Scale of issue back to the Main RDF thread
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
          I'd also like to point out that I and many others in the PDF have had to do Recruit Training in those boots. 6 months on the ground, in the sea, up mountains and on parade with the one pair of boots.

Shortages and scale of issue affects the PDF too.
          At least we are scaled for boots!At present until someone decides to get off their arse and fix the glaring errors the an RDF recruit is not SCALED for any boots or any warm kit.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Scaled for boots but can't get any so there's no difference
            Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• right, so, to clarify...

Regular soldiers are scaled for a light, trainer-esque, marginally-better-than-a-flip-flop magnum boot like this: http://http://www.slaters.co.uk/magnum-classic-boots but often don't get that because there's none available.

and Reserve soldiers, who are also required to walk up 3000ft snowy, rocky mountains carring a 20lb Machine Gun and a pack weighing the same as a Teenager, aren't even scaled for such a luxury.

is that about right - have i got the jist of it?

Comment

• Sounds like you're spot on. PDF soldiers are entitled to them so may be delayed in getting them, but they'll get them. RDF soldiers aren't scaled at all so aren't even entitled to any footwear.

I believe, as apod does, it's a total (and inexcusable) brain fart, as opposed to a genuine attempt at taking down the res. The biggest issue is that nobody is accountable.
                I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                He put a bullet through his brain.
                And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck View Post
                  I believe, as apod does, it's a total (and inexcusable) brain fart, as opposed to a genuine attempt at taking down the res. The biggest issue is that nobody is accountable.
                  Who signed the document authorising the scale of issue? There's always a signature somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by cooley View Post
                    Who signed the document authorising the scale of issue? There's always a signature somewhere.
                    You and I know that that won't make a difference about accountability
                    I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                    Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                    Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                    And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                    With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                    He put a bullet through his brain.
                    And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                    Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                    The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Originally posted by ropebag View Post
                      right, so, to clarify...

Regular soldiers are scaled for a light, trainer-esque, marginally-better-than-a-flip-flop magnum boot like this: http://http://www.slaters.co.uk/magnum-classic-boots but often don't get that because there's none available.

and Reserve soldiers, who are also required to walk up 3000ft snowy, rocky mountains carring a 20lb Machine Gun and a pack weighing the same as a Teenager, aren't even scaled for such a luxury.

is that about right - have i got the jist of it?
                      In 1 but the regular soldier is also scaled for half decent boots as well

Comment

• Gents. RDF Scale of Issues back to the main RDF thread please.
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• So, any new kit on the horizon for troops?

I'd imagine UBACS will start to get dished out in the new year? I've seen a few lads from normal Unit's rocking them now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
                            So, any new kit on the horizon for troops?

I'd imagine UBACS will start to get dished out in the new year? I've seen a few lads from normal Unit's rocking them now.
                            Probably lads just back at work after returning from the last two major troop missions.I spotted one guy wearing one in a dining hall the other day.Personally I think they are going to take some policing when they go on general issue as to when and where they are worn.

I was told before christmas but that might have been just they would be in brigade stores etc before christmas.I will try and find out.This time of year i would be more interested in getting my mitts on one of the snug jackets.My old one is showing it's age now.
                            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                              Probably lads just back at work after returning from the last two major troop missions.I spotted one guy wearing one in a dining hall the other day.Personally I think they are going to take some policing when they go on general issue as to when and where they are worn.

I was told before christmas but that might have been just they would be in brigade stores etc before christmas.I will try and find out.This time of year i would be more interested in getting my mitts on one of the snug jackets.My old one is showing it's age now.
                              Well it's a cert BSMs, C/S's, etc. will have conniptions if they see UBACS being worn as outer layers in barracks
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Why?? The garment is dpm all over , it closely resembles a shirt??
                                If its warm enough to wear one why not?
                                Lots of units in dftc wearing them

Comment

Working...
                                X