Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So by that rationale operational soldiers are not expected to know rules and Regs is that what you are saying?
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Nope its just taht u seem to know everything about the often less important things. You know what are the regs for the speed of your rank sliders, the colour of your name tag, the size of the writing on your name tag, the diameter of the laces in your type a, A, B, c Boots etc, U know all the important stuff..

Comment

• Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
        Nope its just taht u seem to know everything about the often less important things. You know what are the regs for the speed of your rank sliders, the colour of your name tag, the size of the writing on your name tag, the diameter of the laces in your type a, A, B, c Boots etc, U know all the important stuff..
        I dont know the answers to any of those questions.As an NCO in the Infantry it is part of my training and my job description to know the Rules and Regs regarding dress and Admin tasks,military law etc along with the "sexier" stuff such as weapons ,field admin,comms and so forth . Our training expects leaders to be "technically and tactically proficient".If i am unsure about how something is done i ask or i seek out the information.Not everybody can be arsed to do likewise.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
          If i am unsure about how something is done i ask or i seek out the information.Not everybody can be arsed to do likewise.
          Well said, Apod

I got a look at the "barrack jacket" and the new DPM "Norgie" recently

Very nice bits of kit - the Norgie especially is a much more lightweight
          and compactable version of the previous issue
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• So Someone has finally seen the new jacket and fleece I was beginning to think they were mythical items or an IMOer with a sense of humour invented them!!!

Can anyone supply a photo of them?
            Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

• C.W,If you go on the OPW website you can find the tenders for all the new Items of kit.I think there was a link posted at the start of this thread.Not sure if anybody ou there has photos though as AFAIK the only people who have seen them are those involved in the clothing supply chain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                Very nice bits of kit - the Norgie especially is a much more lightweight
                and compactable version of the previous issue
                One thing I forgot to mention RE: the Norgie....

There is a Velcro tab on it for rank markings (similar setup to the ones the
                PDF wear on their Dri Flo tops overseas)

Same issue all over again as with the initial issues of DPM shirt - i.e; having
                to stock TWO types of rank marking (Velcro backed and Slider) rather
                than one....
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Got issued one of the new Norwegain shirts the other day.Its the 2009 pattern.I.E Brownish green.The 2010 pattern will as previously said be DPM.Material will be the same.Oh and RDF will get them once the stocks of the old style are all issued out.Here's a few pics.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                    Got issued one of the new Norwegain shirts the other day.Its the 2009 pattern.I.E Brownish green.The 2010 pattern will as previously said be DPM.Material will be the same.Oh and RDF will get them once the stocks of the old style are all issued out.Here's a few pics.
                    On the piccy with the tags

I have a special programme to remove redacted markings ( the blacked out part)

in case anyone was wondering what size Shirt APOD got it was :

Maternity.
                    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• thanks for the photos apod
                      I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                      Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                      Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                      And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                      With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                      He put a bullet through his brain.
                      And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                      Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                      Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                      The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Looks like a very nice piece of kit. Better than the old issue I'd say.
                        What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                          On the piccy with the tags

I have a special programme to remove redacted markings ( the blacked out part)

in case anyone was wondering what size Shirt APOD got it was :

Maternity.
                          Thanks for that HH.I blocked out the size to protect my anonymity here as only a few in my unit have been issued so far.I have been flying fairly close to the breeze with that lately.There a good few on this board who know who i am.I would prefer to keep it to that few.Thanks.

N-G-F-O you creaking auld civvy
                          Last edited by apod; 12 June 2010, 11:26.

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
                            Looks like a very nice piece of kit. Better than the old issue I'd say.
                            Lighter,more compact.Less likely to be left in the locker when faced with packing a Bergen during a winter Ex/OP.Neck opening is a bit tight though.And no thats not by big thick neck before ye gits say it Its a problem with all of them.Should be sorted for the next batch.

Comment

• Can you still roll the neck down with that flap over the zip?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                                Can you still roll the neck down with that flap over the zip?
                                Yes.It is designed to stop the zip digging into your neck and to stop the zip opening itself when the collar is rolled down.Problem is the neck opening is a very tight fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X