I will say nothing
      You kinda just did...

Nice looking piece of kit though.
      Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

• Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
        I will say nothing
        Why bother posting so?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• I suppose you didn't need clothes either in Africa. Just your AK and a loincloth is it?
          "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

• Blood Diamond Pants (often indicated by their acronym BDP) have come to symbolize young, non-military individuals' obsession with fancy gear and camouflage clothing, something despised and ridiculed by members with actual military background, who interject references to the pants whenever they detect a fashion-oriented post.
            Courtesy of mp.net
            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• No not naked, but Not as much clothes and blood diamond pants etc, Thanks Zulu,
              An Ak IS IDEAL ALTHOUGH i still prefer the FN, clothing usually a pair of shorts,although light longs are often better as legs get chuppered, and often culturally more appropriate, boots a pair of fellies , safari boots types , Good pair of socks, No glasses, goggles, ear plugs,
              Webbing well I am not sure what type but usually a yoke, belt , utilty and a few pouches , I have also used a vest that was originally for photographers that I bought many years ago in Alpha bargains, , changed a few pockets, sewed a few bits of elastic and it can carry most of what i need for day to day mags, water, field dressings, even a concealed pistol. a few water bottles, dont trust the camels as they can burst, while boittles allow it to be distributed, also easier to fill from pools etc, whenever possible , no body armour , too heavy and hot although I do have a second chance jacket that I have used,
              and as far as I know do not have to worry too much about zips, shades, tight necks etc,
              Keep it simple.
              Will scan and send photo of typical set up when I am back in the dark continent, Saw a military police , Nissan in Nassua street today, guys looked very cool in their sun glasses ,

Comment

• No need to go to the trouble. Just wondering what issue you have with the DF being issued fleeces???
                "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

• He will say nothing about it probably

Comment

• Lads i have said it before and i will say it again....
                    P.S: Zulu whats the Afrikaans for Troll??I think we have one that fits the bill perfectly here.
                    Attached Files
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Trol.

But while I see the requirement for a layered clothing system for temperate climates, I find myself agreeing with Bandit on some points.

58 Pattern webbing was used in the Falklands

Any DF personnel that I have encountered only use the norgie for hanging out in trucks parked on the range, when it comes to out an and about its usually a sleeka to be found, which isn't on issue.

The BA are still using CEFO in Ops and training and have, as can be seen from RGJs updates employed 7.62mm assault rifles in sections for longer range engagements.

I'd prefer if the DF instead of putting time money and effort into redesigning smocks, fleeces, norgies etc, went for flame resistant clothing like the USMC did when they saw that their troops were suffering from burns when hit up in vehicles due to the synthetic clothing they wore.
                      "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Precisely why the Norgie has been redesigned.The old one was too bulky to carry on the ground and when worn with a fleece and smock you would nearly die of heatstroke.They have gone lighter with the new in an effort to get the lads to use the layer system properly.Which hasnt been happening.No point spending money on something that gets left behind in a locker when on Exercise etc.
                        I agree on some of your points.Some of the uniform modifications coming down the line are unneccessary.IE the zips on the trouser pockets and the redesigned shirt pockets.These are being done IMHO to satisfy the Sgt Majors who want the DPMS to be neat for parades etc.They serve no practical use.The zips on the new smock chest pockets are practical however.
                        As for FN's and 58 ptn webbing.Bandit is living in the past.He should get over it.They are gone.(having said that i heard an interesting rumour recently regarding the FN.Maybe its not gone for good)
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                          Precisely why the Norgie has been redesigned.The old one was too bulky to carry on the ground and when worn with a fleece and smock you would nearly die of heatstroke.They have gone lighter with the new in an effort to get the lads to use the layer system properly.Which hasnt been happening.No point spending money on something that gets left behind in a locker when on Exercise etc.
                          I agree on some of your points.Some of the uniform modifications coming down the line are unneccessary.IE the zips on the trouser pockets and the redesigned shirt pockets.These are being done IMHO to satisfy the Sgt Majors who want the DPMS to be neat for parades etc.They serve no practical use.The zips on the new smock chest pockets are practical however.
                          As for FN's and 58 ptn webbing.Bandit is living in the past.He should get over it.They are gone.(having said that i heard an interesting rumour recently regarding the FN.Maybe its not gone for good)
                          Why have all these layers when its been shown that the Sleeka et al are functioning fine, having been used for several years now in a war zone.

The BA combat jacket CS95 had these zips and the DF are only coping on now.

AS for FNs - do you mean strategic stores?

Comment

• Refurbishment of the rifle to be used as a Designated Marksman's Rifle? Stayin on the topic of the fleece, I'm getting my first issue of kit this week. Doesn't come with a fleece does it??

Comment

• One more thing.

Zips cant be sewn back together in the field if the teeth get damaged.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                                Precisely why the Norgie has been redesigned.The old one was too bulky to carry on the ground and when worn with a fleece and smock you would nearly die of heatstroke.They have gone lighter with the new in an effort to get the lads to use the layer system properly.Which hasnt been happening.No point spending money on something that gets left behind in a locker when on Exercise etc.
                                I think I may have heard the same rumour, PM inbound.

Comment

Working...
                                X