Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

• Pictures still not visible folks.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Not a great photo..but it will have to do for now.
        Last edited by Liachta Cultaca; 24 July 2013, 11:39.
        I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

• Originally posted by Liachta Cultaca View Post

Not a great photo..but it will have to do for now.
          I'm assuming Sgt Major Mullen is the RSM of 1 Bde AR ? Seeing as I recognise the other two as 2 Bde AR and Arty School respectively
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Hmmm don't think so , the 1 BAR that's based in Cork has the Sgt Major of the old 4th BN.

Comment

• Originally posted by glic83 View Post
              Hmmm don't think so , the 1 BAR that's based in Cork has the Sgt Major of the old 4th BN.
              Cheers... must be a former Arty man or something like that
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• No. He's infantry all the way

Comment

• Back on topic.Anybody been issued the DPM driflo or norgie or even the gaiters!!!!For kit that has been on the shelves since 2011 very few seem to have it.
                  (if you do pictures please)
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• No tried to get the new dpm norgie there about 3 weeks ago and was told they were didnt have any, also they didnt have any dryflo's either typical lol
                    Last edited by glic83; 10 August 2013, 00:05.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                      Back on topic.Anybody been issued the DPM driflo or norgie or even the gaiters!!!!For kit that has been on the shelves since 2011 very few seem to have it.
                      Got some of the new DPM driflo's. Very tight on the neck. A new DPM large is like an old (green) medium. Same story with the DPM Norgies. None in stores.

Comment

• Yeah.I knew there were some issues with the sizes.All part of the drive to align the military sizes with civi sizes.IE if you take an XL in a civi shirt you will take the same in a military one.
                        So in short if you take a large go another size up etc.The wing lads had the same problem with the new UBACS.If you asked for your previous size the sleeves were too short!
                        Any chance of a few photos cooley??

Comment

• Seen some of the new DPM driflos, on one occasion being worn as an outer layer. They look alright but I always preferred having an OG/Tan T-shirt ideally with unit insignia or "morale print" on the chest and/or back.

Comment

• Yes.Because that's a must have
                            I tell you though if we had all had them on CIT back during the heatwave recently I would have given the order to just wear them under the CBA and BV.Sick of being soaked when I take off my flakker on hot days 'cos the shirts soak up the sweat(old shirts.new ones much better).

Comment

Yes.Because that's a must have
                              I tell you though if we had all had them on CIT back during the heatwave recently I would have given the order to just wear them under the CBA and BV.Sick of being soaked when I take off my flakker on hot days 'cos the shirts soak up the sweat(old shirts.new ones much better).
                              Probably because the new shirts are made from the same rip stop material as the trousers ?
                              And yes, Mrs TD couldn't figure out either why I had to wear T-shirt and DPM shirt in the recent heatwave either
                              Try telling someone of the non informed fraternity "becuase that's what the dress regulations say..."

Comment

Back on topic.Anybody been issued the DPM driflo or norgie or even the gaiters!!!!For kit that has been on the shelves since 2011 very few seem to have it.
                                Got the Gaiters, no real change from the green ones, just in DPM.

Not a fan of the DPM Driflo under DPM shirt look at all.
                                "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

Working...
                                X