Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was there anything issued between the ponchos and the present water proof issue ?
    Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by REX View Post
      F*** me, don't get my missus started. She's sick of wardrobes filling up with the kit that overflows from my two lockers full in barracks!! Webbing and field gear fills one locker on it's own
      any pictures of when all your kit is laid out for inspection..

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
        No to zips to replace buttons
        Zips on smock breast - excellent Arktis smock have them
        Nothing wrong with norge IMHO, except many too heavy
        IMHO fleece should be replaced by a Snugpak type packet
        Larger tricolour - not sure
        Logo & "Irish Defence Forces" - depends on design, if black & low vis ok
        DPM driflo - can it then be used as dpm outer? Could do away with need for one with shirt sleeves
        che che - ?????
        barcodes - will they come off in the wash? will they be unique to that individual item (would it be cheaper to print the persons name & number on it?
        redesigned shirt pockets - no way
        reinforced groin area - definitely required!! (my issue is older and I've never had any problems)
        Originally posted by knocker View Post
        Was there anything issued between the ponchos and the present water proof issue ?

Yeah..plastic type wet proofs.. brutal Sh1te.

Comment

Originally posted by Craghopper View Post
          ahhhh you had them too , we called them " boil in the bags " about as much use as a chocolate fireguard
          Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Craghopper View Post
            .... and the light green Goretex stuff, which was in service immediately prior to the
            present DPM issue
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

light green stuff wasn't gore-tex...far from it......but was a big improvement over the boil in the bag stuff.....although the cut was too long in the light green jackets.
              An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

nice fleece http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gA-KH7clEk
                Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Is that not the new smock?
                  But there's no danger
                  It's a professional career
                  Though it could be arranged
                  With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
                  If you're out of luck you're out of work
                  We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

That was the trial fleece, it has the shoulder epilates and this is to be changed in the new version back to just a rank slider on the chest as with the smock.

Comment

Originally posted by piper_69 View Post
                      Have a look at this:

Print that off and bring it for a "chat" with your Q.
                      If he won't give you the gear, bring said list ot your coy comdr and point out that it is his responsibility to ensure the well being of his troops and if they get ill from being ordered to stand out in the cold without being issued cold weather gear it will be his head on the block.
                      Are u serious, just shut up they will get ill been out in the cold, what for like an hour try 2 weeks solid on the ground in wet gear for all off it, see if they get cold then, thats why ppl hate u moaning about shit like that.....

Comment

Originally posted by RDF View Post
                        Are u serious, just shut up they will get ill been out in the cold, what for like an hour try 2 weeks solid on the ground in wet gear for all off it, see if they get cold then, thats why ppl hate u moaning about shit like that.....
                        As Bearla?

Comment

Got my grubby little paws on the new Norgie today.It is a dark olive green colour(Not bottle green ala the driflo/stable belt)has a "defence forces ireland " badge on the chest same as the driflo and is constructed of a coolmax/driflo material on the outside and a microfleece inner.Packs down really small aswell.Oh and the zip has a small shroud over it at the neck end.The thumb loops are gone though.Made by Carra.
                          Looks like a good bit of kit but i will reserve judgement until i get mine and try it out.During the summer
                          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by X-RayOne View Post
                            light green stuff wasn't gore-tex...far from it......but was a big improvement over the boil in the bag stuff.....although the cut was too long in the light green jackets.
                            They were the goofiest item of uniform ever, bulky to store and everyone no matter how big their frame looked retarded in them, I'd rather have been issued an umbrella that would have been slightly less gay looking

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                              Got my grubby little paws on the new Norgie today.It is a dark olive green colour(Not bottle green ala the driflo/stable belt)has a "defence forces ireland " badge on the chest same as the driflo and is constructed of a coolmax/driflo material on the outside and a microfleece inner.Packs down really small aswell.Oh and the zip has a small shroud over it at the neck end.The thumb loops are gone though.Made by Carra.
                              Looks like a good bit of kit but i will reserve judgement until i get mine and try it out.During the summer
                              Does this come with a stash bag ?

Saw one of the new "barracks jackets" a couple of weeks ago, with the aforementioned
                              tab on the LHS (FF badge with "Defence Forces Ireland in black lettering on an
                              olive green tab (same as the nametag). Didn't notice if the tab is stitched on, or if it is
                              Velcro backed, like the nametags

Also with a chest epaulette mounted rank slider

The tricolour is large though - am not sure that a bright flash has a place on a DPM
                              uniform
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post

The tricolour is large though - am not sure that a bright flash has a place on a DPM
                                uniform
                                I think a subdued tricolour might be a bit pointless

Comment

Working...
                                X