• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
    Nope

if someone says the DPM is trademark protected then let

them prove it- otherwise this board would become

a version of the daily mail/sun /mirror/ some other tabloid which I wont mention because of the truce of 2008
    Ce site web est à vendre ! 62infantry.com réunit des informations et annonces. Nous espérons que vous y trouverez les informations que vous recherchez !

According to this poster, it's a patented design. But i dunno if that counts as proof.

Comment

Well Saturday night....guys I know just love turning away boys and girls dressed in DPM uniform from the doors they are on. But they just don't let them inside the door and love turning them away.

Some of these people in uniform are serving RDF, and some are just people that manage to get a uniform through various channels (PDF/RDF friends, second hand shops, here and there, etc.) At the end of the day though, there is precious little that can be done about this falling into the hands of people who don't deserve to be wearing it.
      It has been going on since the days of the olive green uniform, and this time of the year is when it is played up in abundance.

All I will say though is that if anyone here is doing some door work, take a leaf out of my friend's books and turn away all these jokers in uniform. Ruin their night just like they are ruining the proud tradition that is wearing the uniform of the Irish DF.

Might even see them come up with something original next year. There is not a whole lot that can be done about this though, and that is the cold hard truth to the matter.

Comment

Any lad who picks up a few pieces of army surplus gear to wear to a party is a walt? Give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by paul g View Post
          wearing any form of uniform to a student union event or any sort of party is the worst work of waltering known
          Why would you deprive male students all around the country of those vampish looking school girls/wpc's/ban gardai/nurses at college parties ????

Sorry, I don't buy it, student parties and the like are a bit of fun and not meant to be taken seriously, people go there wearing a costume, nobody is pretending to really be something that they aren't! If I showed up dressed as a comic superhero/villian/energiser bunny/roman legionary/one of the three musketeers nobody would take it seriously. There's a big difference to that and actively pretending down to the last detail to be something that you aren't (eg a serving soldier with overseas experience) and lying about your experiences etc. I wouldn't call wearing a bit of dpm/uniform wherever its from on its own isn't the same thing as your making out.

Good luck over the next few days Blackadder, I hope you get the news your waiting for.
          Last edited by northie; 26 October 2009, 17:59.

Comment

Had to check the date... Yep it's Halloween again. eejits looking for fancy dress will again be found in DPM all over the country. As Mr De'Hog has intimated on 31st Oct perhaps our boys in Blue will be picking up on the usual carnage rather than concentrating on this deplorable breach.
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
              And in all the various acts, nowhere does it say your are not allowed to wear DPM material. It's says "any uniform of the Defence Forces or any colourable imitation thereof". This being the full uniform or a uniform designed to imitate closely to that of an DF one.

How a civvie acquired the item of clothing, in most cases the combats, is a different matter. Actually wearing the item itself is ok as long as he is not wearing the whole uniform.
              Penalty for purchasing certain military property.

260.—(1) In this section, the expression "military property" means any property being—

( a ) any arms, ammunition (including bombs, grenades or similar missiles), equipment, instruments or clothing issued for the use of members of the Defence Forces, or

( b ) any military decoration of a member of the Defence Forces, or

( c ) any furniture, bedding, blankets, sheets, utensils or stores in military charge, or

( d ) any provisions or forage issued for the use of a member of the Defence Forces or his horse, or

( e ) any horse or vehicle employed in the service of the Defence Forces.

(2) ( a ) If any person—

(i) buys, exchanges, takes in pawn, obtains or receives from any person, on any pretence whatsoever, any military property, or

(ii) solicits or entices any person to sell, exchange, pawn or give away any military property, or

(iii) assists or acts for any person in selling, exchanging, pawning or making away with any military property,

such person shall be guilty of an offence under this section and shall be liable on summary conviction thereof to a fine not exceeding twenty pounds together with treble the value of any military property of which he has become possessed by means of the offence or, at the discretion, of the court, to imprisonment for any term not exceeding six months or to both such fine and imprisonment.

( b ) Where a person is charged with an offence under this section it shall be a good defence to prove that—

(i) at the time he did the act alleged in the charge, he was unaware that the property in respect of which the charge was made was in fact military property, or

(ii) the said property was sold by order or with the consent of the Minister or some competent military authority, or

(iii) the said property was the personal property of a person who had ceased to be a member of the Defence Forces or of the legal personal representatives of a deceased member of the Defence Forces.

(3) Where any military property is found in the possession or keeping of any person, such person may be brought or summoned before a Justice of the District Court, and if such Justice has reasonable ground to believe that the military property so found was stolen, or was bought, exchanged, taken in pawn, obtained or received in contravention of this section, then, if such person does not satisfy such Justice that he came by the military property so found lawfully and without any contravention of this Act, he shall be liable on summary conviction to the same penalties as are specified in subsection (2) of this section in the case of a contravention of that subsection.

(4) A person found committing an offence under this section may be arrested without warrant, and brought, together with the military property which is the subject of the offence, before a Justice of the District Court, and any person to whom any such property is offered to be sold, pawned or delivered, who has reasonable cause to suppose that the same is offered in contravention of this section, may arrest without warrant the person offering such military property and deliver him and such military property into the custody of a member of the Garda Síochána to be dealt with according to law.

(5) A Justice of the District Court, if satisfied on oath that there is reasonable cause to suspect that any person has in his possession or on his premises any military property on or with respect to which any offence in this section mentioned has been committed, may grant a warrant in search for such military property as in the case of stolen goods and any military property found on such search shall be seized by the person charged with the execution of such warrant, who shall bring the person in whose possession the same is found before some Justice of the District Court to be dealt with according to law.

(6) For the purposes of this section, military property shall be deemed to be in the possession or keeping of a person if he knowingly has it in the actual possession or keeping of any other person or in any house, building, lodging, apartment, field or place, open or enclosed, whether occupied by himself or not, and whether the same is so had for his own use or benefit or for the use or benefit of another.
              It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Unlawful wearing of uniform.

264.—(1) If any person (not being a member of the Defence Forces) wears, without permission granted by or on behalf of the Minister, any uniform of the Defence Forces or any colourable imitation thereof, such person shall be guilty of an offence under this section and shall be liable on summary conviction thereof to a fine not exceeding ten pounds or, at the discretion of the court, to imprisonment for any term not exceeding three months.

(2) Subsection (1) of this section shall not apply in respect of the wearing of any uniform of the Defence Forces or any colourable imitation thereof in the course of a stage play or other dramatic representation or performance.

(3) In this section the word "uniform" includes any distinctive part of a uniform.
                It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
                  (3) In this section the word "uniform" includes any distinctive part of a uniform.
                  Well that shut me up

Comment

Only took you 6 posts in this thread :P

Comment

Yeah and 40 posts in athread that gets murdered at least once a year and still gets the same debates.
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by northie View Post
                        Why would you deprive male students all around the country of those vampish looking school girls/wpc's/ban gardai/nurses at college parties ????

Sorry, I don't buy it, student parties and the like are a bit of fun and not meant to be taken seriously, people go there wearing a costume, nobody is pretending to really be something that they aren't! If I showed up dressed as a comic superhero/villian/energiser bunny/roman legionary/one of the three musketeers nobody would take it seriously. There's a big difference to that and actively pretending down to the last detail to be something that you aren't (eg a serving soldier with overseas experience) and lying about your experiences etc. I wouldn't call wearing a bit of dpm/uniform wherever its from on its own isn't the same thing as your making out.

Good luck over the next few days Blackadder, I hope you get the news your waiting for.
                        Spend 6 years dealing with people wearing Irish Military Uniforms when they shouldn't have been in a University environment. Also found people wearing their friends/family's Garda Uniforms too. You can be damn sure the Gardai in henry St and Roxboro took notice when then this happened, with most times resulting in a patrol car coming and taking said kit there and then.
                        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by northie View Post

Actually no, because somebody dressed up as a joke and gone to the effort of hiring a costume. Somebody mentioned a friend dressing up as a priest, again a joke/fancy dress. Somebody dressing up as napoleon ditto, as is somebodt even buying a home made uniform, and going as rambo, it is a fancy dress party

Somebody wearing an RDF uniform is not in the same league, and is a bit mittyish.
                          Last edited by paul g; 26 October 2009, 23:13.

Comment

But do people here see wearing the uniform and just wearing a part of it as the same thing or wha??

Like if i see a guy wearing the full uniform at a fancy dress or something i don't approve of it.

But i think if he's just wearing Irish DPM combats and like a green tshirt and a bandana with some camo on his face then thats ok, because he's clearly just dressing up. You know what i mean?

Even if he's not wearing boots, just a pair of runners or something.
                            Last edited by spaceghetti; 26 October 2009, 23:13.

Comment

Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
                              But do people here see wearing the uniform and just wearing a part of it as the same thing or wha??

Like if i see a guy wearing the full uniform at a fancy dress or something i don't approve of it.

But i think if he's just wearing Irish DPM combats and like a green tshirt and a bandana with some camo on his face then thats ok, because he's clearly just dressing up. You know what i mean?

Even if he's not wearing boots, just a pair of runners or something.

Words fail me.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
                              Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
                              Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
                              Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

Originally posted by johnny no stars View Post
                                Words fail me.
                                I knew if I waited long enough

miracles would happen,
                                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Working...
                                X