'Xcelerate'- MRV, Scorpion and Scania 8x8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paul View Post
    The image of Willie O'Dea going mental and breaking someones legs after they shot up one of his precious scorpions put a smile on my face
    and now you've put it like that its put a smile on my face, hes seemingly a very amicable guy.

im sure theres a limerick joke in there somewhere...
    I knew a simple soldier boy.....
    Who grinned at life in empty joy,
    Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
    And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
    With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
    He put a bullet through his brain.
    And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
    Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
    The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

I think the bloke in the scorpion thought he was oddball out of kellys heros the way he was hanging out of the top of it
      You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

ah that show was pretty bad, @ amurph0 the reason for not emulating top gear is that it is shown here, so there's no point in making a knock off of it, while it might work in Australia and other places, we already get the original so why bother.

And lads are we forgetting the most important thing, while the show is pretty dire, and the presenting was very wooden, there is one reason to watch it.....

She be hot

http://www.city.ie/south/personalities/rachel-wyse/
        Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

she might be hot but is a few hamsters short of full brain power
          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

the guy in the front of the scorpion got soaked
            I knew a simple soldier boy.....
            Who grinned at life in empty joy,
            Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
            And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
            With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
            He put a bullet through his brain.
            And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
            Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
            Sneak home and pray you'll never know
            The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
              Eats Shoots and Leaves.

The top speed of a Mowag is 100km/h. The top speed of a Ferrari is greater than 100km/h, so therefore... Its slower, at 100kmph, than a Ferrari.
              A duck and a falcon are travelling at 100kmph. Which one is gaining ground when travelling at this speed.

A tortoise and a hare are travelling at 100kmph. Which one is going faster?
              "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                A duck and a falcon are travelling at 100kmph. Which one is gaining ground when travelling at this speed.

A tortoise and a hare are travelling at 100kmph. Which one is going faster?
                Depending on the time of year, the duck'd probably be shot, so he'd eventually be travelling slower, and he'd gain THE ground, assuming gravity isn't on holidays

aaaand

If I remember my history correctly, the tortoise wins that one, so it really doesn't matter who went faster at a certain point in time

Is mise gan méas,

Capt. B
                Last edited by Captain Edmund Blackadder; 9 December 2009, 17:31.
                Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

Originally posted by ackack View Post
                  ah that show was pretty bad, @ amurph0 the reason for not emulating top gear is that it is shown here, so there's no point in making a knock off of it, while it might work in Australia and other places, we already get the original so why bother.
                  5th gear is also shown here, and this is a direct emulation of that. So by that logic they shouldn't have copied 5th gear for the same reasons.

Comment

Zulu - it's a punctuation or syntax question rather than a physics question, as I'm sure you've realised by now, thanks to Kermit's use of the comma. Perhaps the young lady should have said "The Mowag is slower, with a maximum speed of 100kph, than ...", but then that wouldn't sound as chatty or colloquial. Or allow you to come over all Aesop ...

Comment

i think she meant to say, " the ferrari is faster [going to - i.e. Acceleration] 100kmph.

Meh. It was a crack at humour. My bad for trying

Comment

Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
                        5th gear is also shown here, and this is a direct emulation of that. So by that logic they shouldn't have copied 5th gear for the same reasons.
                        Not quite, for 5th Gear is presented along the standard format for motor shows which is emulated worldwide, whereas Top Gear is presented on a more unique format. 5th Gear is about the cars themselves, whereas while Top Gear have many cars in their show, it's made entertaining by the charisma of its presenters.
                        Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

Now this would be more like it

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

I can see a comment coming, from some people, about how the new 4x4's would struggle to do that
                            Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                              I can see a comment coming, from some people, about how the new 4x4's would struggle to do that
                              Then it's agreed, we get rid of all the new pajaro's and replace them with 1.2l fiesta's. it'd definately save a few bob.
                              Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

Originally posted by ackack View Post
                                Then it's agreed, we get rid of all the new pajaro's and replace them with 1.2l fiesta's. it'd definately save a few bob.
                                Yes - but we should hand paint the fiestas green
                                "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Working...
                                X