Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ford mk 6 armoured car

ford mk 6 in a field in the uk,,
    i have not seen this photo on the net or in a magazine, i have a interest in classic irish military vehicle but i am not a member of any irish vehicle club and therfor may not be as well informed as others so this mite be old news and this vehicle may be long gone the photo was taking (not by me) in october 2006. on the off chance that it is still there i have more photos, info, & map, it would make a nice restoration or for parts for the two irish ones thats here.
    Attached Files

Nice find. needs a tad restoration though, thanks for posting!

Comment

The ones in Ireland are running so no parts needed . In fact it would be quite possible to get this machine running again as the running gear is quite simple.
      Wonder how much its current owner is looking for it.

Can you get aregistration so we can at least track its history and see is it worth restoring.

I sure some one will want it now we know there is one out there.
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

16 of the mk6 were sold at auction in the early 70s 3 of which went to GB and i do not know what happend to the rest, the farmer who owns the field said (in 2006) that it was owned by a engineering shop that use to convert lorrys into special puspose vehicles but had gone bust a long time ago. i have no reg but there is a name on the side (see photo). to be honest lads i would be very surprised if it is still there, i also have this up on a irish military forum site that i know has members of irish military vehicle clubs and so far no one knows about it i will leave it for a fue days and if no one knows anything about it i will post any info i have..
        Attached Files

Comment

check out the 2009 sat map
          Attached Files

Comment

gone

she's gone...click on the link for more info http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055797637
            Last edited by Vickers; 25 January 2010, 17:15. Reason: space added to make link clickable

Comment

Sad. I'd have bought it and tooled around in SF in it.
              Meh.

Comment

there is a chance that this vehicle is back in ireland as a restoration project and may turned up somewere, i got an email that said it went to ireland with a private collector

Comment

Its actually the one in the Museum at Collins Bks Dublin. Was bought specifically for the purpose.
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

im not sure but i though the one in collins bks was from preston ZD 1760 i have photos of the 3 vehicles and they don't seem to match nor doe's the dates but you could be right and maybe someone eals may post more info.(.preston photo 1995} if i had money id bet that the rusty one is from the grange cavern museum in wales the photo was taking in that area.
                    Attached Files

Comment

What ever happened to the Congo Fords?

Comment

Did the cars have serial numbers? A better way to track them than roadlegal number-plates.
                        regards
                        GttC

Comment

What about the Ford that used to be in the Cobbaton collection?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by vintary View Post
                            im not sure but i though the one in collins bks was from preston ZD 1760 i have photos of the 3 vehicles and they don't seem to match nor doe's the dates but you could be right and maybe someone eals may post more info.(.preston photo 1995} if i had money id bet that the rusty one is from the grange cavern museum in wales the photo was taking in that area.
                            I think you right about ZD1760.
                            It has the cuts in the side of the engine bay.

Comment

Great thread- great pics, well done

Whne I see the Ford I always for some reasons think of the Daleks
                              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Working...
                              X