No announcement yet.

Two Armed Services 'Could Merge' In 10 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats already deliberately well in the public domain - the CGS has already briefed the press about Op Moshtarak.
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Any link to it RGJ, if I end up in the BA in a number of years i want to rest assured there wont be sailors in the next room or worse still sharing our toilet facilities

Comment

do you mean a link to Op Moshtarak or the actual CGS brief released tomorrow?

www - Op Moshtarak

www - CGS Brief
        RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post

www - CGS Brief
          You win this round RGJ

Comment

lol, no worries mate.

but seriously - it could be the 'official' unveiling of Op Moshtarak or something a whole lot different.

give it 24hours and we will be better off (or worse off - as the case may be in the respect of Defence Cuts).

and CS - it ain't that bad over here - i think you would like it

want me to send the adoption papers over?

joking pal, would you really consider defecting?
            RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

lol, no worries mate.

but seriously - it could be the 'official' unveiling of Op Moshtarak or something a whole lot different.

give it 24hours and we will be better off (or worse off - as the case may be in the respect of Defence Cuts).

and CS - it ain't that bad over here - i think you would like it

want me to send the adoption papers over?

joking pal, would you really consider defecting?
              I may have to if the DF feel they dont need me (cant figure out why ) no interest in this civvy life and if the door was closed to the DF I suppose the brits would have to be it, but i wouldnt enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by CS Gass View Post
                I may have to if the DF feel they dont need me (cant figure out why ) no interest in this civvy life and if the door was closed to the DF I suppose the brits would have to be it, but i wouldnt enjoy it
                it's a hard pill to swallow - but you feel amazing afterwards
                RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

it's a hard pill to swallow - but you feel amazing afterwards
                  Aye it'd be a good aul job alright, did it take you long to get over being in someone else army thing? was there much flak to be taken along the way

DISCLAIMER: I have not been nor ever will I be snatched away in the middle of the night to be conscripted into the British Army by Royal Green Jacket

Comment

not really mate to be honest, i joined an 'English' battalion, they take you on face value - if you are a good bloke then thats good enough for them.

i was like a pig in sh|t mate - loving everything they threw at me - i didn't even care if i got paid i just loved everything about life as a young soldier in the British Army - lol you might also be able to tell i'm still really happy in my job and still absolutely love the Army after all these years.

Northern Ireland was my battlefield in them days - nothing compared to what the lads are engaged in more recently.

do it and if you don't like it then get out when you can, if you never join then you will NEVER know if things would have worked out.
                    RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

I'd say stoney batter bleedin loved ya after ya started yer new job

Comment

i didn't give a shIt - nobody fcuked with me anyhow.

i still own a house there - some kind people have been paying my mortgage for me while i have been in the Army all these years!

i will be out on the ground tomorrow when this announcement is made (topic of the thread) but we have been told we will receive the announcement over combat radio or secure email if we are still on the move.
                        RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

PLEASE, DO NOT...

You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race

Comment

Originally posted by Fireplace View Post
                            PLEASE, DO NOT...

I have to say my mental image of RGJ was slightly different

Comment

too right! i would never wear my jeans turned up like that!
                              Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 10 February 2010, 01:34.
                              RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Still no word for us on this big announcement RGJ?

Comment

Working...
                                X