X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I find a shit load of US Navy lads chasing me

I will scrunched up paper and use bad language and evidently

that hurts them
    The killer blow would be to do so while wearing a pair of your fluffy ball black slippers, similar to those the bould Holly would wear at the morning intelligence briefing.
    You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race

Comment

What's wrong with slippers on duty? An Alouette pilot, known to me, would routinely do the Sat. morning airtest in his slippers.....can't be wasting precious time getting dressed!
      regards
      GttC

Comment

Having read this a couple of times, how in the hell did she end up as a ships captain,

Surely these traits would have manifested themslves earlier in her career and she wouldn't have made it this far.

I agree that she may be a bad officer as she is certainly no different to some we have all served under in the past.

I reckon the miliatry has gone far to PC, While she may throw the odd wobbler is the system oversensitized becauses shes a womna and this behaviour is not expected of same.

If a man carried on and lets not kid ourselves here, there are still some that do, would there be a case to answer?

Ok some women don't find her actions acceptable...but then again who left in women any way....?

The men making complaint..have they not the balls to stand up and give it back when required?

You can question actions if you go about it the right way.
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Just read about her over on boards.ie and came over here for a 2nd opinion, I did also go on a blog apparantly written by ex-USN Capt, here's the link

Musings, leadership tidbits and quotes posted by a retired Navy Captain (really just a high performing 2nd Class Petty Officer) who hung up his uniform a bit too early. He still wears his Navy service on his sleeve. He needs to get over that. "ADVANCE WARNING - NO ORIGINAL THOUGHT!" A "self-appointed" lead EVANGELIST for the "cryptologic community". Keeping CRYPTOLOGY alive-one day and Sailor at a time. 2015 is 80th Anniversary of the Naval Security Group.

just fixed the link there, sorry
          Last edited by Tyler Durden; 8 March 2010, 16:45. Reason: link
          If at first you don't succeed, then call in an airstrike.

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
            Having read this a couple of times, how in the hell did she end up as a ships captain,

Surely these traits would have manifested themslves earlier in her career and she wouldn't have made it this far.

I agree that she may be a bad officer as she is certainly no different to some we have all served under in the past.

I reckon the miliatry has gone far to PC, While she may throw the odd wobbler is the system oversensitized becauses shes a womna and this behaviour is not expected of same.

If a man carried on and lets not kid ourselves here, there are still some that do, would there be a case to answer?

Ok some women don't find her actions acceptable...but then again who left in women any way....?

The men making complaint..have they not the balls to stand up and give it back when required?

You can question actions if you go about it the right way.
            We need another Vietnam to thin out their ranks a little

Comment

She's a woman. That makes her bullet-proof. If she was from an ethnic minority she'd still be in command of the ship.

If a man carried on and lets not kid ourselves here, there are still some that do, would there be a case to answer?.
              If Capt Graf was a man he would have been invited to consider work in the private sector long ago.
              sigpic
              Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
              My favourite moment was when the
              red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

She is still an officer, they'll probably put her somewhere where they think she can do no harm, I just hope there are no vacancies at a weapons station.
                You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race

Comment

Originally posted by Fireplace View Post
                  She is still an officer, they'll probably put her somewhere where they think she can do no harm, I just hope there are no vacancies at a weapons station.
                  Of course she is. Presumably in a year or two after doing sterling admin work (for which she may well get a medal or three) she'll be promoted. You need a laser-guided, armour-piercing, silver bullet to take down someone like her.
                  sigpic

Comment

Speaking of medals

she has very few

especially when you compare her to all the other Americans of her rank
                    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                      Speaking of medals

she has very few

I noticed that myself. Doesn't have the usual Navy "Gimmes" of Expert Rifle and Pistol shots. No NDSM either which is really strange. I suspect she doesn't wear all her ribbons/decorations.
                      Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog View Post
                        Of course she is. Presumably in a year or two after doing sterling admin work (for which she may well get a medal or three) she'll be promoted. You need a laser-guided, armour-piercing, silver bullet to take down someone like her.
                        Unlikely. She's apparently being sent to where careers go to die. The fact that she was so publicly admonished means no Admiral will touch that issue because it would be a risk to his own position. It doesn't take much to ruin your chances in the US Navy and she had a lot more of those than most (due to politics and powerful backers it seems) but it looks like enough was enough and the people who weren't in her camp were able to ensure that this dirty laundry was aired in public to ensure she never got rotated back in.
                        Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog View Post
                          She's a woman. That makes her bullet-proof. If she was from an ethnic minority she'd still be in command of the ship.
                          No way in hell. As you pointed out, her gender (and family connections) ensured that she got far further than she should have and was protected far longer than anyone else is, but a Ticonderoga Class cruiser is a major command and once something like this comes into the spotlight it doesn't matter who you are. There are several different "factions" within the US Navy and don't think for a second that they aren't sniping for each other to advance their own agenda. The minute she put her particular "faction" under the spotlight she was cut loose.

She was called out on the carpet before the Admiral's Mast. At that point, it was "thank you good night and don't let the door spank your arse on the way out".
                          Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                            Speaking of medals

she has very few

I think the US Navy are allowed if they want to wear just the top three awards they have earned for a more "streamlined" look. Normally someone of her rank in the US armed forces has more medals than Gadaffi.

Comment

Originally posted by yooklid View Post
                              Unlikely. She's apparently being sent to where careers go to die...
                              Appearances can be deceptive.

Originally posted by yooklid View Post
                              No way in hell.....She was called out on the carpet before the Admiral's Mast. At that point, it was "thank you good night and don't let the door spank your arse on the way out".
                              She hasn't been charged with any offence. Give it a year and the Sisters will be claiming it was testosterone-fuelled conspiracy against womankind.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
                                I think the US Navy are allowed if they want to wear just the top three awards they have earned for a more "streamlined" look. Normally someone of her rank in the US armed forces has more medals than Gadaffi.
                                There's a newly commissioned officer here with some impressive amount of ribbons:

http://www.navy.mil/management/photo...-0000K-002.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X