Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naval service tenders for second Submersible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naval service tenders for second Submersible.

From the etenders website:

The Irish Naval Divers intend to purchase the above system in the near future to enhance their search capabilities in confined or hazardous locations when required.

Item 1

The Mini Sub / ROV system to have a professional control box with a 15” colour video display, Submersible depth rated to 150 meters with 2 – 20 watt variable halogen lights with line 180 deg vertical viewing angle tilting colour camera. Tether deployment system with 75 meter of negative extension tether and 40 meter of neutrally buoyant performance tether.

SENSORS AND ACCESSORIES FOR ABOVE SYSTEM

Item 1

Micro Manipulator with a single axis gripper that allows you to pick up or clamp on to objects. The Manipulator axis to be capable of being operated and rotated manually. Have capabilities of retrieving weights up to 70 kg by manual operation.
    The manipulator is to be delivered with a complete skid assembly including weights and mounting clamp. Maximum jaw opening 5cm. Lifts up to 40 kilos underwater.

Item 2

Sonar head to suit the system provided, it should include a digital chirp system, full software functionality, true acoustic zoom, instant scan reversal and sector scan options . Target size measurement 500m depth rating.
    Range settings – from 2 meters to 75 meters.
    Scan sectors – user selectable up to 360 deg continuous.

yes I know the headline is a bit sensationalist.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

[QUOTE=Goldie fish;296808]From the etenders website:

There is a mistake in the tender description. The average payload of a mini rov / sub is 10kg.
    Yet the manipulator is to be rated at 70Kg? At that rate the manipulator would be lifting the ROV instead of the load.

I think the manipulator capacity should be 7Kg instead of 70Kg.

Comment

I am not so sure. It says in the next paragraph
      Lifts up to 40 kilos underwater.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
      X