RDF Pot's course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDF Pot's course

Hey, I'm planning on doing the POT's course next year, was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect and bring etc.

Thanks guys.

A positvie attitude and a willingness to get stuck in,help others,learn and above all enjoy it!

As for kit,you will be well prepared by your Cadre Staff in advance.

Comment

Ive been told patience is also important

Comment

Learn the "screed" / phraseology

Get fit (ITs as a min!!)

Get all your infantry skills up to standard

Comment

Get some experience of speaking in front of groups of people, and be confident

Comment

Good advice be used to talking in front of groups - college,school, work can help here

Comment

Public speaking isnt a problem, but I am a medic so my infantry skills arent the greatest. Its not often we do tactics.

Comment

If you would like I have alot of doc's that would be full of knowledge I can send you. MODS, would that be ok? Also if you could, maybe see about training with an Infantry battalion during their Summer camp this year. My own battalion will be doing a week of tactics this year

Comment

Which brigade are you based in?
                  I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

Originally posted by Vamp369 View Post
                    If you would like I have alot of doc's that would be full of knowledge I can send you. MODS, would that be ok? Also if you could, maybe see about training with an Infantry battalion during their Summer camp this year. My own battalion will be doing a week of tactics this year
                    Don't send anything that is restricted to anyone that you do know know.
                    "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Im in the Southern Brigade, I'll most likely be doing medic cover on an Infantry camp ths summer, so I should get my TOET's redone if i ask nicely Already know most of the basics of tactics from my recruit camp, plus doing cover on tactical exercises. Just need to know the more advanced stuff and practice

Comment

Working...
                      X