X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone has the hots for office machinery

What the feck is he up to;

Defence Forces Equipment.

740. Deputy Damien English asked the Minister for Defence the number of personal computers and laptops currently deployed within his Department and each agency under its aegis in tabular form. [14878/10]

Minister for Defence (Deputy Tony Killeen): The following table provides the information requested in relation to the number of personal computers and laptops currently deployed within the Department and each agency under its aegis.
    Number of Personal Computers Number of Laptops
    Department of Defence 384 58
    Defence Forces 4344 680
    Civil Defence 32 10
    Army Pensions Board 3 0

741. Deputy Damien English asked the Minister for Defence the number of photocopiers, laser printers, inkjet printers and multifunctional devices currently deployed within his Department and each agency under its aegis in tabular readable form. [14893/10]

Minister for Defence (Deputy Tony Killeen): The following table provides the information requested in relation to the number of photocopiers, laser printers, inkjet printers and multifunctional devices currently deployed within the Department and each agency under its aegis.
    Photocopiers Laser Printers Inkjet Printers Multifunctional Devices
    Department of Defence 19 139 5 25
    Defence Forces 320 570 40 70
    Civil Defence 2 14 2 1
    Army Pensions Board 1 2 0 0

Departmental Expenditure.

742. Deputy Damien English asked the Minister for Defence the total spend by his Department and each agency under its aegis on printer consumables (details supplied) for each of the years 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and to date in 2010 in tabular form. [14908/10]

Minister for Defence (Deputy Tony Killeen): The following table provides the information requested in relation to the total spend by the Department and each agency under its aegis on printer consumables for each of the years 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and to date in 2010.

Total Expenditure Including VAT
    2006 2007 2008 2009 To date in 2010
    Department of Defence
    €71,231.11 €104,753.45 €22,372.73 €41,999.42 €8.355.91
    Defence Forces
    €387,407.34 €280,502.40 €296,427.02 €215,493.88 €33,634.61
    Civil Defence Purchased centrally – included in Department of Defence figures
    Army Pensions Board Purchased centrally – included in Department of Defence figures

743. Deputy Damien English asked the Minister for Defence if he will detail in tabular form, the number of reams of A4 sized paper and A3 sized paper purchased in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and to date in 2010 by his Department and each agency under its aegis; and the proportion of which is 100% recycled paper. [14923/10]

Minister for Defence (Deputy Tony Killeen): Details of the information sought by the Deputy is contained in the tabular statement. The information below includes the number of reams of A3 and A4 paper used by the Department, the Civil Defence Board and the Army Pensions Board.

In the time-frame available, I am unable to supply details of reams used by the Defence Forces. This information will be relayed to the Deputy as soon as it becomes available.
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010
    A3 0 40 45 10 0
    A4 2128 3255 4564 4811 1174

Note 1: Each ream contains 500 sheets

The paper used is derived from sustainable forests.

Waste Management
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

...what?

Comment

you want my opinion ? Someone wasn't taken care of.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
        you want my opinion ? Someone wasn't taken care of.
        I thought that as well

can you use your mod powers and fix the spelling in the title please

Comment

Whats this part about,

Defence Forces Training.

739. Deputy Aengus Ó Snodaigh asked the Minister for Defence if joint training exercises have been undertaken by the Defence Forces with the other armies involved in the Nordic Battle Group since its inception; and if so the cost of same. [14820/10]

Minister for Defence (Deputy Tony Killeen): The Government approved Ireland’s participation in the Swedish-led Nordic Battlegroups 2008 and 2011. Regarding Nordic Battlegroup 2008, Irish Defence Forces participated in two joint training exercises. An exercise entitled ‘Illuminated Summer’ took place during the period 02-13 July 2007 while an exercise entitled ‘Nordic Resolution’ took place during the period 01-16 November 2007. The cost for involvement of Irish soldiers in military exercises within the Nordic Battlegroup 2008 was €522,728.00. The Nordic Battlegroup 2011 will be on standby for six months commencing on the 1st January 2011. To date Ireland has deployed four Officers to serve in staff posts at the Force Headquarters in Enkoping, Sweden and these officers took up their duties on the 28th August 2009. The Nordic Battlegroup 2011 has not undertaken any military exercises to date. Consequently, no costs on military exercises have been incurred by the Department of Defence in respect of this Battlegroup.
          How many times is he going to ask that same question? Get over it ya cnut

Comment

fix the spelling in the title please
            done
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

J.H. C.- what is that about?

Comment

Originally posted by Pod View Post
                J.H. C.- what is that about?
                I had spelt machinery wrong and I had asked Trell to fix it for me - and he did (thanks)

Comment

Maybe Damo just wants to appear relevant.

Damien English is Fine Gael's TD for the constituency of Meath West. Damien is currently the Fine Gael Spokesperson for Small Business and Labour Affairs.
                  Damien is a member of three Oireachtas committees: 1) Enterprise, Trade and Employment 2) EU Scrutiny 3) Economic and Regulatory Affairs
                  Maybe he's concerned that the DF doesn't use enough paper and ink or maybe he's concerned that the DF uses too much paper and ink (we do).
                  sigpic
                  Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                  My favourite moment was when the
                  red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog View Post
                    Maybe Damo just wants to appear relevant.

Maybe he's concerned that the DF doesn't use enough paper and ink or maybe he's concerned that the DF uses too much paper and ink (we do).
                    4 very relevant questions at 125.00 each

could he simply not have opted for a writtien reply form the Civil Service

thats nearly the weeks wages of a private spent on stupid questions-

I think that the Ceann Comhairle should have the power to ask the relevance of the question

and if its stupid like Damo- fine him the costs of the question

this should be Dail and Seanad wide

Comment

sorry hedge- it was meant to be a comment on the first post!
                      Last edited by Pod; 22 April 2010, 16:44.

Comment

No doubt if there was to be such scrutiny applied, there would be yet another committee set up for it, and then another committee to provide oversight to that committee, and a seperate committee to process appeals when a TD gets snotty because they were told that their question about the colours of the carpets in various government buildings is a waste of money. The whole process would end up costing about 5 times as much as the current system.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                          4 very relevant questions at 125.00 each
                          Really? Who put a price on the questions?

could he simply not have opted for a writtien reply form the Civil Service
                          Sure he could except that since their wages were cut the Civil Service wouldn't pour water over a blazing TD no matter what his party. And quite right too.

I think that the Ceann Comhairle should have the power to ask the relevance of the question
                          I disagree. Simply because a Ceann Comhairle from a criminal organisation like Fianna Fail would then abuse his power to declare all questions from the opposition irrelevant. It is Deputy English's democratic right to ask stupid questions.

and if its stupid like Damo- fine him the costs of the question

this should be Dail and Seanad wide
                          I'd rather fine subversive organisations like Fianna Fail for making stupid decisions like wasting our money bailing out their friends.
                          sigpic
                          Say NO to violence against Women

My favourite moment was when the
                          red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

On a slightly related note, did anyone hear Ned O'Keeffes rant in the Dail? Talk about going off topic!

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Really? Who put a price on the questions?
                              The CPSU on the web site www.cpsu.ie then search

Sure he could except that since their wages were cut the Civil Service wouldn't pour water over a blazing TD no matter what his party. And quite right too.
                              Probably

I disagree. Simply because a Ceann Comhairle from a criminal organisation like Fianna Fail would then abuse his power to declare all questions from the opposition irrelevant. It is Deputy English's democratic right to ask stupid questions.
                              I dont think FF are a criminal organisation- but you probably know more than I do

the CC is supposed to be above party politics

and English and O snodaigh and others have the democratic right- but just think can we afford this

and every time they ask a question its put down as them speaking in the Dail so when the league table is calculated English and O Snodaigh and loads others have X amount of speaking time- it looks like they are busy little Parliamentarians but in reality they are wasting our money ,

I'd rather fine subversive organisations like Fianna Fail for making stupid decisions like wasting our money bailing out their friends
                              How can you fine anyone

but work away and best of luck on that score-

I cant wait for about 18 years time when Rocco and jay Ahearn come knocking on your door looking to ask out your Granddaughter

Comment

Working...
                              X