Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like

Packing list Battle vest and Backpack

anyone have the connect packing list for the battle vest, I got a photocopy and its brutal. Cheers
    Last edited by holdfast; 9th June 2010 at 20:05.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by holdfast View Post
    anyone have the connect packing list for the battle vest, I got a photocopy and its brutal. Cheers
    Do you know the date of the issue and I can go and root aound for it
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home.
    But just when you thought there were
    truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones
    turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Post Thanks / Like
    That was a packing list for wing selection it was more of less the same as the PLCE one a few years ago, just the locations were different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that the same as the NCO Trg Wing Handout?
    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Again the one in Connect was for ARW selection.... very different from NCO Trg Wg pull out.

CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got it, cheers for the hand lads

Post Thanks / Like
    any chance of printing both versions here please?
    The people of England have been led in Mesopotamia into a trap from which it will be hard to escape with dignity and honour. They have been tricked into it by a steady withholding of information. The Baghdad communiqués are belated, insincere, incomplete.....It is a disgrace to our imperial record, and may soon be too inflamed for any ordinary cure.We are to-day not far from a disaster.

T.E. Lawrence, 2 Aug 1920.

Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't AnCosantoir or Connect go online ?
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by X-RayOne View Post
    any chance of printing both versions here please?
    Here's one...
    “Any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed”
    - Lieutenant Colonel John Malcolm Thorpe Fleming Churchill

Post Thanks / Like
    The ARW one is too big and won't attach, if you want it, PM me
    “Any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed”
    - Lieutenant Colonel John Malcolm Thorpe Fleming Churchill

Post Thanks / Like
    PM it to me S&S, I can host it on Scribd.
    "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a PLCE ARW Selection one or is it just the one for the IPLCS with the lad with the 2 kit bags?
    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    There was awing PLCE packing list in connect a while back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
    Is there a PLCE ARW Selection one or is it just the one for the IPLCS with the lad with the 2 kit bags?
    The kit is the same in the 2 just where they are is different

Post Thanks / Like
    Gonna throw a spanner in the works here for a minute.If you are normal PDF/RDF infantry etc the wing packing list is probably not the best to follow.Its specific to selection and the idea is to load you up to a set weight for their tests.Thats BEFORE you get issued Ordnance.If you go by their packing list you will end up carrying too much and be wrecked alltoghter when your Pln Sgt or Sect 2i/c divvys out the kit to you.
    Just as an example.if you go by the ARW packing list.You are carrying 2x 2.1 Litre Camelbacks and two 1 Litre issue waterbottles.Thats 6.2 litres of water.Unless you are SF doing long range Recce.Which we arent.You dont need that much.
    Just some food for thought.
    The modern Irish soldier is better educated,trained and equipped then any any other generation that has gone before.

"Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    Gonna throw a spanner in the works here for a minute.If you are normal PDF/RDF infantry etc the wing packing list is probably not the best to follow.Its specific to selection and the idea is to load you up to a set weight for their tests.Thats BEFORE you get issued Ordnance.If you go by their packing list you will end up carrying too much and be wrecked alltoghter when your Pln Sgt or Sect 2i/c divvys out the kit to you.
    Just as an example.if you go by the ARW packing list.You are carrying 2x 2.1 Litre Camelbacks and two 1 Litre issue waterbottles.Thats 6.2 litres of water.Unless you are SF doing long range Recce.Which we arent.You dont need that much.
    Just some food for thought.
    I thought it was just the vest? Where would you fit 2 camelbaks and 2 canteens? As well as all the other stuff? Or does the packing list include daysack as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Going by the ARW list you carry one Camelbak in the vest and the other in the Daysack(or a two litre plastic bottle).The two waterbottles go in the side pouch of the Bergen.
    The snag with carrying a camelbak in the vest whilst wearing the daysack is that the movement of a fully laden daysack whilst say doing contact drills for example can cause the Bladder underneath to burst.This is only made worse if you have CBA on under your vest as the camelbak gets caught between the rear plate and the daysack.
    What we normally do is to carry one camelbak in the daysack.Vest and daysack is CEFO anyway.We rarely operate in just vests apart from Mech Inf.
    The modern Irish soldier is better educated,trained and equipped then any any other generation that has gone before.

"Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".

Post Thanks / Like
    Going by the ARW list you carry one Camelbak in the vest and the other in the Daysack(or a two litre plastic bottle).The two waterbottles go in the side pouch of the Bergen.
    The snag with carrying a camelbak in the vest whilst wearing the daysack is that the movement of a fully laden daysack whilst say doing contact drills for example can cause the Bladder underneath to burst.This is only made worse if you have CBA on under your vest as the camelbak gets caught between the rear plate and the daysack.
    What we normally do is to carry one camelbak in the daysack.Vest and daysack is CEFO anyway.We rarely operate in just vests apart from Mech Inf.
    I actually had that same problem with my old 1.5ltr camelbak, it had a lot of pressure on it when i was carrying a pack that i thought it would burst, so I went out and got a 3ltr and basically just filled it up half way. It helped a good bit because the extra space allows it to spread out more over your back. I put the 1.5ltr one in my daysack or in the bergen then.

Post Thanks / Like
    There much be fairly s**t then. I have always had source, they are literally strong enough to stand on when full. I've fallen from a four foot drop onto my back whist wearing CBA and have it not burst (13 stone, excluding all the gear) I'll always swear by them.

RVOps video.
    Last edited by paul; 12th June 2010 at 14:24.
    Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Post Thanks / Like
    There much be fairly s**t then. I have always had source, they are literally strong enough to stand on when full. I've fallen from a four foot drop onto my back whist wearing CBA and have it not burst (13 stone, excluding all the gear) I'll always swear by them.
    Good for you mate.Actually Camelbak are fairly good.I guess thats why they are the most widely issued Hydration bladder worldwide.But a plastic bladder is just that.Plastic.You put enough force against it.It will burst.No matter who makes it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you mate.Actually Camelbak are fairly good.I guess thats why they are the most widely issued Hydration bladder worldwide.But a plastic bladder is just that.Plastic.You put enough force against it.It will burst.No matter who makes it.
    Yes, but if the internal pressure when you put it in between your back and a heavy bergen only reaches levels which will cause failure when the bergen is far heavier than any human could carry then it's safe enough to leave it in your vest with a bergen on (not that I'm saying that the source bladders are necessarily capable of withstanding this, just pointing out that it's not impossible).

I own both a camelbak and a couple of source bladders - I use the source ones, every time. The openings, seams and the material itself are far sturdier, they're less of a drama to clean (put your hand inside your camelbak some day and have a feel of the slime that builds up on them), and as the nice people at RVOps demonstrate, you can stand on it without it bursting, which is not something I'd even try with a camelbak. I suspect, apod, that the reason why camelbaks are so widely issued is more to do with interoperability with CBRN kit that you get with camelbaks than with reasons of quality - the tender would say "must be compatible with CBRN drinking tube", thus automatically disqualifying source bladders.

Post Thanks / Like
    A distinct possibility on the CBRN front.However there is an anti microbial coating on the inside of the issue Camelbaks to prevent the build up you speak of.They still need a good clean out though every so often having said all that.
    As for the weight thing i will still advocate transfering the bladder to the daysack when worn with the vest.Why take the chance of loosing your vital water.I have seen bladders leak whilst on fairly arduous exercises.Maybe it was the bladder,or maybe it was the user.Who knows.Its never happened to me thankfully.Perhaps because i dont take the chance and i look after my kit.Who knows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    (put your hand inside your camelbak some day and have a feel of the slime that builds up on them).
    It depends on what type of camelbak you get. Some types have them, some don't. I have that lining in my one anyways.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Private 3*
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually Source do make a CBRN compatible tube.

Thread Information