No announcement yet.

Packing list Battle vest and Backpack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must be all or nothing. PLCE CEFO & IPLCS CEMO are incompatible. If they shred the PLCE and only distribute enough IPLCS for courses, what is everyone else going to be wearing on annual camps/assessments etc this/next year?
    Last edited by SwiftandSure; 29 May 2013, 00:07.

Comment

• @ apod: hear anything on day sacks?
      I knew a simple soldier boy.....
      Who grinned at life in empty joy,
      Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
      And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
      With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
      He put a bullet through his brain.
      And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
      Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
      Sneak home and pray you'll never know
      The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
        Must be all or nothing. PLCE CEFO & IPLCS CEMO are incompatible. If they shred the PLCE and only distribute enough IPLCS for courses, what is everyone else going to be wearing on annual camps/assessments etc this/next year?
        If there's no overnight activities for the non IPLCS bods then Cefo would do fine. If there's enough IPLCS for a pl of bods per coy then we'd be ok honestly. All our old flakkers were binned and we've the DPM CBA in the stores now which is a good improvement.
        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• ALLcomponents of the PLCE are being shredded.Full sets of IPLCS to replace on a pool basis.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Madness. Of all the uses it could see, sale to surplus dealers, donated to developing world armies engaged in PSO as a part of our international aid contribution etc, it gets turfed in the shredder. Granted, happy to see progress re: IPLCS, but, the loss of potential income/cost offset by shredding... I wonder is it possible to rescue a long back bergen/rucksack before it get trashed?
            Last edited by Captain Edmund Blackadder; 29 May 2013, 00:56.
            Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

• Did the DF exercise the options for the battlevests cause they only bought 6600 ?!

Comment

• If its issued only on pool for an ex, then I guess we go back to looking like guerillas with mish mash of our own bergens and chest rigs on training nights.
                Time to google and try and pick up a second hand PASGT or MICH ACH etc helmet.
                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Not a brigade pool like before.Each subunit EG:RDF InF coys will have x amount of sets initially with plans to purchase enough to equip the whole force.

Oh and ye are assuming their will BE assessments this year!
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                    Not a brigade pool like before.Each subunit EG:RDF InF coys will have x amount of sets initially with plans to purchase enough to equip the whole force.

Oh and ye are assuming their will BE assessments this year!
                    Yup, word I've had that so far there are no assessments planned but that is subject to change (like everything else!!)

And also, Apod, when enough ARE purchased, will they remain on pool issue or individual issue?
                    I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                    Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                    Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                    And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                    With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                    He put a bullet through his brain.
                    And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                    Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                    The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• The East had sub unit pooled PLCE (not sure about Bde).

If the PLCE has been shredded back to pooled 58 pattern then as there will not be enough! And yes it was still being issued!

Comment

• I thought the 58 pattern was all sent back to hell?
                        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

• It can only be destroyed by casting it back into the fiery chasm from whence it came. Trips there are expensive, so it was seen as a cheaper option to store it.
                          Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

• Some CQ's will be sensible and forget to send off the PLCE for shredding so that the bods will have something to use in the interim.
                            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
                              I thought the 58 pattern was all sent back to hell?
                              I changed sub-unit, unit and brigade 3 years ago and I can you it was in stores and use then.

Comment

• I thought the 58 pattern was all sent back to hell?
                                chuckle.... No. There are still stacks of it in various places.

Pool IPLCS ? We learn nothing, I tell you.. nothing. We are doomed to repeat the stupid.

What bits of IPLCS ... shared hydration system ? shared goggles ? will they have the right size helmets. for the past 12 years I've gone around this stupidity by purchasing personal PLCE kit and cared for it just as I would for personal issue, as I do for my DPMs and other stuff. I can probably get round most of it with a helmet cover and an ACH/MICH. The hallmark of pool PLCE down the years was broken clips and cable ties for a weeks' ex
                                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                                X