Packing list Battle vest and Backpack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F_M View Post
    The vast majority of the stores in my unit are brand new and still in the wrapping but some is used and some very well used. The ancillaries for the BV I have not seen is our stores either.
    Using the method in this video you can get the length of your back and then adjust your bergen yourself seeing as most place don't seem to have the stick yet.
    The bergen has the back length in inches written beside each adjustment position.
    Very good, nice one F_M....
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• We have the bare bones too, bought my own dump pouch.

Really with nothing written in stone, its going to be different from unit to unit.
      It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

• dump pouch or drop leg pouch?
        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Dump pouch, you can get them for a tenner from China. Don't put anything on your legs if you can avoid it.

Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...Pouch-p228.htm

I bought one of these and have it on one of the side pouches of the vest.
            It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

• I agree about having things on the legs but I've been issued one so if I need one I'll use it and at least it wlil be secured and not banging off me
              Last edited by DeV; 18 March 2014, 14:09.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                I agree about having things on the legs but I've been issued one so if I need one I'll use it and at least it wlil be secured and not banging off me
                `
                Remove rear strap from issue dump pouch.Place strap in secure location so it doesn't get lost.Attach pouch to vest at left hip.Tighten straps till pouch top is just below bottom hem of vest.Tape straps.pouch will be empty most of the time so wont bounce.When needed all you will have in it is empties anyway(max4).

Also seeing as most of you don't get issued Respirators you can attach the Resi pouch to the front of the bergen or side of the patrol pack.makes a handy pouch for your basha kit!
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                  When setting up an IPLCS BV your move the admin pouch to the lower left PALS strips.The H.E Grenade pouch goes lower right.M203 goes top left(if worn).Top right should only have your nametag and rank slide loop above that in order to keep your shoulder free for rifle butt placement.
                  I posted on this already in the "Good kit/helpfull hints forum".
                  Why do you ask? Areb the RDF issued the IPLCS now?
                  A lot of sense here. Must rejig the pouches on my vest before I hand it back in
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Kit update.The issue cam cream is no longer coming in the two tone stick/tube but comes in a small three tone compact c/w mirror.Also the issue hexi cooker now has the adapter for the metal mug.Thought ye might like to know whats out there.
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Kit update.The issue cam cream is no longer coming in the two tone stick/tube but comes in a small three tone compact c/w mirror.
                      Hope it's better than the sh1t one in Millets etc

Comment

• That's been the casefor a while now. Few years.
                        Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• I guess my lot only got in a new batch recently so.Probably working through the older stuff for a while.

Comment

I guess my lot only got in a new batch recently so.Probably working through the older stuff for a while.
                            I think the new hexi's are POS gelert ones?
                            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Issue hexi cooker with adapter for metal mug.
                              Issue plastic mug instead of metal one.
                              Another win for the army!

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                                I think the new hexi's are POS gelert ones?
                                I have seen those but the latest ones I saw in crates the other day were the good BA type ones with the full size hexi blocks.

Originally posted by F_M View Post
                                Issue hexi cooker with adapter for metal mug.
                                Issue plastic mug instead of metal one.
                                Another win for the army!
                                Metal mug(Crusader type) has been on issue to PDF since 1998.Available to RDF from stores for issue for exercises also.Same as IPLCS,sleeping systems,Helmets etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X