Packing list Battle vest and Backpack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by apod View Post
    Ok folks I think it's time we got back on topic.The issues regrading assembling and disassembling webbing are a moot point as the IPLCS BV's are going on issue as is the rest of the system.So minging helmets should no longer be an issue for people.
    The demise of PLCE and Orlite helmets may be true but the IPLCS(if it materialises!) gear will end up in the same condition pretty quickly as pool issue. I haven't had a chat with the CQs yet so maybe I'm getting a set assigned, but if it's grab a random set 10 secs before you're out the gate its just ridiculous. You wouldn't believe the amount of times I've seen seen RDF & PDF cadre **** helmets on tarmac/concrete. Only way to ensure the stuff wont be destroyed is the knowledge that you're the only one using it and that anything you do to it affects you. It took the DF took the DF long enough to assign personal weapons for RDF maybe there'll be a miracle that they'll do the same for IPLCS!
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Interesting point raised above about hydrating in CBRN using Camelbaks.

Guys get used to and equipped to use Camelbaks to hydrate whilst training in CBRN - yet then when they need to wear the kit for real they have to use a different system they are relatively unfamiliar with and unpracticed in to hydrate - is this the case?
      RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
        Interesting point raised above about hydrating in CBRN using Camelbaks.

Guys get used to and equipped to use Camelbaks to hydrate whilst training in CBRN - yet then when they need to wear the kit for real they have to use a different system they are relatively unfamiliar with and unpracticed in to hydrate - is this the case?
        The method of operation for the camelbak and its drinking attacment and the CBRN camelbak are identical, however the CBRN camelbak bladder is made out of a different material. The drills are exactly the same. In any case, we are taught out of Survive to Fight and despite the camelbak system being in place, everyone does the eating and drinking drill as per Surive to Fight.

Comment

• but it is an operationally accredited drill or training only?
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Talking to guys that are involved in very arduous DF courses the battlevest is great for APC/helo ops but not light infantry work.

Crawling means the mags get dirty and pouches (especially mag pouches) get damaged and the buckles break too easily.

The weight all being on the front means more lower back and quad injuries.

Advise was:
            Keep some of the PLCE buckles were you can
            Keep the large NBC pouch as the new one is too small and if kept in the pouch the respirator will get damaged (or hang it up)
            And use a hippo pad
            Last edited by DeV; 13 October 2013, 13:01.

Comment

• I would,nt say its great as on any tough course its getting damaged.
              Pouches tearing off, buckles breaking, zips giving up,
              Your right about Heli ops and perhaps Apc drills but when you D-bus out of them you are into most likely light inf again.
              everyone should of kept there old cefo or chest rigs.
              I,m glad my unit did we don't use the BV at all unless we are the other side of the camp

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                Keep the large NBC pouch as the new one is too small and if kept in the pouch the respirator will get damaged (or hang it up)
                Are we being issued Ressies and Noddy suits too??

Comment

Talking to guys that are involved in very arduous DF courses the battlevest is great for APC/helo ops but not light infantry work.

Crawling means the mags get dirty and pouches (especially mag pouches) get damaged and the buckles break too easily.

The weight all being on the front means more lower back and quad injuries.

Advise was:
                  Keep some of the PLCE buckles were you can
                  Yup... Battle Vests are most suitable for vehicle ops, as ye all know, as it removes all the stuff from the rear, making for a more comfy trip
                  TBH, don't know how the lads cope with the Inf stuff when crawling while wearing them, as now, all the stuff is to the front...
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• The drinking drill with the camelbak(CBRN or normal) is very simple and has been sent to the DF CBRN working group for approval.We still teach the emergency drinking drill but as not all units are still issued waterbottles it is hit and miss as to what is being taught in the units.On the Instructor course I taught both to the students so they can teach both at unit level.
                    The BV's are a great bit of kit let down by two things.Lack of modularity and durability.With the old PLCE if you damaged a pouch you removed it and replaced just the pouch.If you damage a BV you replace the whole vest.Biggest problem areas are the thinness of the pouch lids(easily ripped).Compare against the lined pouch lids of PLCE.No comparison.Also the main front zips break too easily.
                    Why we got BV's with zips is a mind boggler.Three fastex buckles can be easily replaced if damaged but a zip can't.
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                      The drinking drill with the camelbak(CBRN or normal) is very simple and has been sent to the DF CBRN working group for approval.We still teach the emergency drinking drill but as not all units are still issued waterbottles it is hit and miss as to what is being taught in the units.On the Instructor course I taught both to the students so they can teach both at unit level.
                      The BV's are a great bit of kit let down by two things.Lack of modularity and durability.With the old PLCE if you damaged a pouch you removed it and replaced just the pouch.If you damage a BV you replace the whole vest.Biggest problem areas are the thinness of the pouch lids(easily ripped).Compare against the lined pouch lids of PLCE.No comparison.Also the main front zips break too easily.
                      Why we got BV's with zips is a mind boggler.Three fastex buckles can be easily replaced if damaged but a zip can't.
                      Who the hell signed off on a design like that ??? Thought the pouches on the issue BV were Molle ?
                      i.e; detachable from the vest ?
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                        Who the hell signed off on a design like that ??? Thought the pouches on the issue BV were Molle ?
                        i.e; detachable from the vest ?
                        The M203 and I think admin pouch etc are detachable. The 4 x ammo and 2 x utility pouches are fixed

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                          Are we being issued Ressies and Noddy suits too??
                          no idea on the first and you wont on the second.

Comment

The M203 and I think admin pouch etc are detachable. The 4 x ammo and 2 x utility pouches are fixed
                            As I said, daft design...

Comment

• Quelle suprise PLCE is back after it was supposidly collected and got rid of, no sign of IPLCS.
                              Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• IPLCE packing list from lets say a good source that sets standards for the DF.

Smock
                                Bottom left pocket - leather gloves (not fingerless), bush hat, wooly hat
                                Left arm pocket - steri gel
                                Bottom right pocket - penknife (secured to pocket), insulating tape, high carb food
                                Chest right pocket - space blanket
                                Right arm pocket - FFD

Battle Vest
                                Left Ammo - magazines, 7.62 belt/smoke
                                Left Utility - Model kit, mozzie net, insect spray, rifle cleaning kit, para cord
                                Left chest zip - maps, compass, air photos
                                M203 pouch (upper left) - M203 rounds (pouch only fitted if ammo issued)
                                HE pouch (middle left) - grenades (pouch only fitted if ammo issued)
                                Right Ammo - magazines
                                Right Utility - hexi, metal mug, spoon, small cloth, lighter, rations
                                Admin pouch - camo stick, whistle, torch/head light
                                Right chest zip - Tacaid, notebook, chinagraph pencils, w/p markets
                                Back - Platypus, 2 sandbags
                                Respirator pouch (right leg) - respirator, CBRN drinking attachment
                                Dump pouch (left leg) - empty mags & belts
                                Optional - pace counter

Patrol Pack
                                Top flap - Individual first aid kit, hearing protection, white & red ribbons (to mark pack as being ammo / section med kit), spare ammunition
                                Main compartment (2 separate dry bags) - items of ordnance, wet gear, fleece (or similar), spare socks, platypus (if not in battle vest), 24 hrs rations

Main Pack
                                Outside on top - entrenching tool
                                Top flap - 2 x sandbag, 6 x bungees, 6 x tent pegs
                                Side pouches (in separate dry bags) - dry flow top & bottoms, norge shirt, DPM trousers, socks, hand towel, wash gear (soap, razor, toothbrush & paste, vaseline, goretex socks, foot powder
                                Main compartment (in dry bag) - sleeping bag (in bivi bag), spare rations, water, laundry bag/waterproof bag, knee & elbow pads (if required/not worn)
                                Outside at bottom - basha (rolled in ground mat to protect it), secured by 2 x bungees

Helmet (with elastic strap)
                                Goggles (in protective cover) secured to helmet

Comment

Working...
                                X