No announcement yet.

Packing list Battle vest and Backpack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the SERE training also teaches that when you have no CEFO, etc. Apod and just your survival tin, etc. so its not really the same thing.

I get what you mean now about emergency hexi's but again no point keeping them in my BV. my spare socks are in patrol pack...i know they are for emergencies only so i don't use them day to day.....same stands if i have emergency hexi's in it.

true, the metal mug and jetboil is extra weight. it's the one exception I make otherwise from being very disciplined about what I carry and what weight I carry. but I've seen enough people go down in both military and my civvy mountain past-times to know the benifits of a hot cuppa when really needed. I guess we'll just have to differ on our opinions on the mug here
    An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

• No worries mate.Each to their own.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
        Update on the PLCE. All the PLCE is to be shredded......So IPLCS is coming in for RDF.
        Looks like this is happening at my location now. PLCE is on the way out, IPLCS is on the way in.

Although the duty rumour is that we're selling the PLCE to some place in Africa

Comment

• This is correct. I am seeing IPLCS in 2 at least. Does anyone have a copy of the Logs Instr for this it was supposed to be out late last week
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Is this going to be personal or pool issue?
            "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

• Pool.
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Pool
                Why do I bother staying with this friggin organization I will never know. From being allowed IPLCS on Integration but never getting it, to being f**ked pool gear. Who bothers thinking up this stuff. D Logs has far far bigger things to manage than a couple of thousand BVs & rucksacks . to a few percents of the Single Force, Now PDF have to manage taking it in and handing it back every single friggin time.

What are the bets that "We can't' give them this, they've no lockers" was the best excuse for this can of wank

Comment

• I don't see what the problem is. I mean I have enough shit clogging up the press at home without the need for another vest, backpack etc. Realistically how often will we use IPLCS? 2/3 weeks a year max. It wouldn't be feasible to hand it out to every RDF man considering the turn over of bodies, there would be no guarantee of people handing back kit if they leave the Org. How many exer's do you know that handed back their uniforms? I would say its fairly limited. I have gotten gear off mates of mine who packed the RDF in years ago.

The kit is a fairly recent item and the pool stuff should be in good enough nick.

Right decision IMO.

Comment

• he means lockers in barracks to store the gear in.
                    like in gormo, 27bn E coy have their own armoury and own lockers and own assigned, sized, PLCE sets (which are now to be dismantled it seems)
                    I doubt they want you to bring it home.
                    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• I'm with X-ray one, if you ditch the cup from your webbing, ditch the hexi and brew kit. If a fire is needed have a seperate survival tin on your person (we have shoulder pockets which I utilise to the max) which contains your fire provisions. Out of interest, with all your kit (full mags too), what weight does the vest come to?
                      Last edited by gibedepusib0ss; 19 September 2013, 12:55.

Comment

• Realistically how often will we use IPLCS? 2/3 weeks a year max
                        You could say the same for many PDF. This decision is useless beancounting. Consider the friggin effort required to keep the accounting system running for fking soft fking ordnance ( versus, for example LTAV maintenance )

890,000,000 euro to spend , a huge host of supply chain and maintenance issues to look at, many strategic .... AAAAAND the numbnuts decide to waste time and valuable PDF effort on signing rucksacks in and out

Comment

• We need CEFO / BVs for more than tactics! Also for any weapons and fieldcraft lesson!

I can understand the need for lockers (to protect all). But when you go in on a training parade/weekend who is going to open up?

Single force ?

Comment

• I agree with Trell- This whole one force concept was designed so that there is no us and them (or rather youse lot and youse other lot from my perspective), the provision of battle vest is the least that can be done if the Minister is serious about an able reserve. Human nature being what it is- it is enevitable that some reservists will lose or have the bv stolen from them, it happens to the PDF as well. The provision of locker facilities for the storing of the bvs is a must that we cannot afford not to have.

Whats the difference between shatter and minger- both are fukcers but at least Shatter looks presentable in his suit- and looking the part is half the battle- likewise, we dont get reservists to do exercises in No1s with red epaluttes any more and expect them to be on a par with the PDF- we shouldnt send them out looking like the Lebanese Army and expect them to be on a par with the PDF.

Sorry keyboard is acting up and my glasses are somewhere that I cant poxy find and I am going to feck this poxy computer through the head of a eirigi protester and his mother if I can find the beatchhh.
                            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• In theory it should be worn for a lot of training, TOETs whatever, Builds familiarity with the kit, Having your own vest sized up and excess straps taped up ready to use but then again that would fall under common sense so an unlikely scenario!!
                              Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

• It seems to me that while the reason is probably more cost orientated, the MA are reluctant to account for what really constitutes their Reserve in terms of man power.

After all, in order to personally issue CEFO, you need to know what troops you have to issue it to, which in itself generates its own KPIs. If you deliver enough CEFO to kit out the establishment of the RDF, and only 50% of the CEFO is actually issued and signed for over the course of 6 months, that should raise significant questions about the effectiveness of the RDF.

By issuing 40 sets of IPLCS to a Coy supposedly made up of 130+ bodies, the MA are either being realistic accepting that the Coy is understrength and doing nothing about that or that they simply have no concern that the Coy will be ill-equipped to operate at full strength. Either way, it's a poor reflection of the MA's contempt for the RDF.

Comment

Working...
                                X