Packing list Battle vest and Backpack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its nonsense.
    In my job, initial uniform issue included utility belt and pouches, even though I have yet to use them. Everyone in the unit also got personal issue earpieces and ptt mics for the motorolas, and boots are issued based on the risk. LED compact lenser and multitool also personal issue from day one.
    Everything I need for my job on a day to day basis rests in my locker. The only exception being radios.

If one government agency can do it this way why not the DF?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
      Its nonsense.
      In my job, initial uniform issue included utility belt and pouches, even though I have yet to use them. Everyone in the unit also got personal issue earpieces and ptt mics for the motorolas, and boots are issued based on the risk. LED compact lenser and multitool also personal issue from day one.
      Everything I need for my job on a day to day basis rests in my locker. The only exception being radios.

If one government agency can do it this way why not the DF?
      Being cynical about it, your job involves putting dosh in the governments coffers, which the reserve does not do, the potential to stop some kind of crisis, or save lives does not appear on the governments hit list at all.
      "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
      Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
      Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
        It seems to me that while the reason is probably more cost orientated, the MA are reluctant to account for what really constitutes their Reserve in terms of man power.

After all, in order to personally issue CEFO, you need to know what troops you have to issue it to, which in itself generates its own KPIs. If you deliver enough CEFO to kit out the establishment of the RDF, and only 50% of the CEFO is actually issued and signed for over the course of 6 months, that should raise significant questions about the effectiveness of the RDF.

By issuing 40 sets of IPLCS to a Coy supposedly made up of 130+ bodies, the MA are either being realistic accepting that the Coy is understrength and doing nothing about that or that they simply have no concern that the Coy will be ill-equipped to operate at full strength. Either way, it's a poor reflection of the MA's contempt for the RDF.
        The DF is well aware of the actual strength with monthly strength returns and PMS

Comment

• Maybe the thinking behind issuing it on a pool basis is to insure that no serial numbered items, which all IPLCS is, leaves barracks and isn't returned if some individual decides not to return for an extended period. Maybe it would be better if it stayed on a pool basis so that when RDF members show up for training there is enough IPLCS to go around. Just sort your admin before you show up and pack it away when you arrive.

Comment

• If "pool basis" means drawing a different set each time, with the associated adjustments each time, then that's a pain in the balls. If it means you have an allocated set but have to sign it in and out, that wouldn't be as bad. I've plenty of army stuff in the wardrobe, don't want Mrs TD on my case for bringing even more
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by AATWT View Post
              Maybe the thinking behind issuing it on a pool basis is to insure that no serial numbered items, which all IPLCS is, leaves barracks and isn't returned if some individual decides not to return for an extended period. Maybe it would be better if it stayed on a pool basis so that when RDF members show up for training there is enough IPLCS to go around. Just sort your admin before you show up and pack it away when you arrive.
              It makes sense but:
              - do you need a member of the PDF to open up?
              - do you need to arrive 30 minutes earlier to draw the kit and then send 10 minutes squaring it away

You could arrive draw kit, open kit bag, insert your kit (in the prepared zip lock bags) into the appropriate pouches & packs. The point is it wastes time.

Comment

• So taking part in a Bn approved 25km hike in aid of a suicide awareness community group in my cachement area.
                My unit has managed to put 15 bods on the ground to complete this
                We will carry a minimum weight and were told we were getting the new DPM gear
                rocked up expecting IPLCS and saw something that ive never seen before
                DPM PLCE bergans
                ok fair enough we got no IPLCS backpacks, slightly disgruntled at that as Ive been told thats what other units are being issued.
                Will this be the future for my company and everyone else is in IPLCS or are you all being issued DPM PLCE?
                Finally, anyone interested in sponsoring us, theres a mycharity link... is this something I can put up on IMO?
                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                  So taking part in a Bn approved 25km hike in aid of a suicide awareness community group in my cachement area.
                  My unit has managed to put 15 bods on the ground to complete this
                  rocked up expecting IPLCS and saw something that ive never seen before
                  DPM PLCE bergans
                  ok fair enough we got no IPLCS backpacks, slightly disgruntled at that as Ive been told thats what other units are being issued.
                  Will this be the future for my company and everyone else is in IPLCS or are you all being issued DPM PLCE?
                  Finally, anyone interested in sponsoring us, theres a mycharity link... is this something I can put up on IMO?
                  They were issued on trial to 1 cadet class I think

Comment

Yes. Start a new thread in Charity Support.
                    Last edited by Vickers; 26 September 2013, 15:43.
                    "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

rocked up expecting IPLCS and saw something that ive never seen before DPM PLCE bergans
                      My crew left us out sets of same for forthcoming activity... the PLCE is not in spectacular nick, TBH, but the backpacks are OK
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                        It makes sense but:
                        - do you need a member of the PDF to open up?
                        - do you need to arrive 30 minutes earlier to draw the kit and then send 10 minutes squaring it away

You could arrive draw kit, open kit bag, insert your kit (in the prepared zip lock bags) into the appropriate pouches & packs. The point is it wastes time.
                        No you do not need a member of the PDF to open up, each RDF in my unit has it's own stores to which their CQ can draw the keys.

The drawing of stores for any period of training is included within the timeline of said period of training. Packing of kit is part of that, such is life.

I'm quite sure it's a control/financial thing that's the main reason behind the pool issue of IPLCS. I understand that there is the dedicated few who show up to all parade nights, training days and ceremonial details, I understand where you are coming from in relation to receiving your own personal issue of IPLCS but it's going to be a while before it gets sorted.

Comment

each RDF in my unit has it's own stores to which their CQ can draw the keys.
                          Which is fine if the whole coy is coming in!

What if only your platoon is in?
                          CQ doesn't turn up (I know the answer but is the base covered)?
                          What if your in 1 of a number of units with a handful of RDF personnel ?
                          What if your the only RDF person from your unit/sub-unit on a detail / course ?

I know arrangements can always be made but in the last case it happens a fair bit. For example are you allowed get it the week before to bring home pack and adjust

Comment

• No movement of stores takes place within any RDF Coy in my unit without a member of stores staff. Stores staff being anyone with permission to sign out keys. I have not seen any instance during any RDF training period where equipment can not be withdrawn from stores. To answer your what if they are on a course question, you arrange for all items of ordnance to be withdrawn from stores the day the course starts after you've packed it the previous day.

You seem to forget IPLCS equipment are serial numbered items so nobody, PDF or RDF should be taking it home to pack.
                            Last edited by AATWT; 26 September 2013, 18:44.

Comment

No movement of stores takes place within any RDF Coy in my unit without a member of stores staff. Stores staff being anyone with permission to sign out keys. I have not seen any instance during any RDF training period where equipment can not be withdrawn from stores. To answer your what if they are on a course question, you arrange for all items of ordnance to be withdrawn from stores the day the course starts after you've packed it the previous day.

You seem to forget IPLCS equipment are serial numbered items so nobody, PDF or RDF should be taking it home to pack.
                              So lets say someone from a centre from Mullingar is on a DFTC course on a Saturday morning at 0945, I wonder what time the Q in (potentially) Athlone has to get up at?

Oh and then wait till on Sunday night (while the soldier cleans it) to hand it back in?

Comment

....so nobody, PDF or RDF should be taking it home to pack.
                                So no one in the PDF has a set of IPLCS at home? Nobody?

Personally I find it retarded that CEFO/CEMO is even serial numbered, I can't imagine many other countries bother doing that. And serial numbers certainly don't stop whole batches of IPLCS going unaccounted for and just being written off. It's another unnecessary paper pushing exercise in an already bureaucratically exhausted organisation.

Maybe if the DF weren't so precious about their particular DPM they'd realise that they could afford to buy a lot more COTS soft ordnance for a lot less, without needing to waste a vast amount of human resources pretending to account for every single set.

I've no issue with pool issue CEFO/CEMO, as long as it's issued individually to troops for their duration of service within that unit. Meaning they can pack and configure it to their personal preference and leave it that way. If that means they take it home because there's no means to securely store it in Bks, so be it. If it's not returned when expected, send them the bill. Simples.

Comment

Working...
                                X