X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
    forward planning
    This phrase does not exist in Irish Politics
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• The last of the old PLCE and old Helmets was withdrawn from my Bks today and returned to Bde stores.To be sold!!
      Looks like they copped on after the shredding debacle. IPLCS to replace for RDF. Less the camelbaks.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Personal/Pool issue aside, what parts of IPLCS - BVs+helmets, dump pouch , saracen , daysack, helmet liner, goggles, CBA
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
          The last of the old PLCE and old Helmets was withdrawn from my Bks today and returned to Bde stores.To be sold!!
          Looks like they copped on after the shredding debacle. IPLCS to replace for RDF. Less the camelbaks.
          Our unit isn't even getting a pool issue until L3 is signed

Comment

• Same here. Although that's not surprising.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
              Personal/Pool issue aside, what parts of IPLCS - BVs+helmets, dump pouch , saracen , daysack, helmet liner, goggles, CBA
              Is CBA considered part of IPLCS?

If they're issuing IPLCS, you should be getting all of it, bar maybe goggles as they always seem to be in short supply... I still haven't been issued a set of them.

Comment

• Aaand that reminds me. Sleeping systems. They need to be given out in the same numbers for obvious reasons

Comment

Aaand that reminds me. Sleeping systems. They need to be given out in the same numbers for obvious reasons
                  two in a bag is warmer

Comment

Aaand that reminds me. Sleeping systems. They need to be given out in the same numbers for obvious reasons
                    Very much so, the situation with reservists and sleeping systems as it stands is unacceptable. If they're expected to go on the ground then they need the gear.

Comment

• Tradiionally its not an issue, most of my old unit had enough for everyone of the old bags ( which were fine usually ) but some units never had pools for reservists and never took them on in the re-org.

Comment

my old unit had enough for everyone of the old bags.
                        You shouldn't talk like that about your unit mates...
                        "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

• AFAIK the issue will be full IPLCS including CBA. Bar the camelbaks.
                          In my unit we have sufficient sleeping systems to kit out any of our reserve Coys.The problem is the Bk accountants no longer have the facility to get the sleeping bags laundered.So the ones that came back into Bn stores from the old RDF units could have been never used or used 100's of times and we have no way of knowing.Thats a H&S issue in terms of issuing them out.
                          Crazy
                          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Any Idea about the numbers issued per coy's?

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                              AFAIK the issue will be full IPLCS including CBA. Bar the camelbaks.
                              In my unit we have sufficient sleeping systems to kit out any of our reserve Coys.The problem is the Bk accountants no longer have the facility to get the sleeping bags laundered.So the ones that came back into Bn stores from the old RDF units could have been never used or used 100's of times and we have no way of knowing.Thats a H&S issue in terms of issuing them out.
                              Crazy
                              There is no H&S in the Reserve when it comes to soft ordinance. The number of times I've been issued sleeping bags with half a forest still in them, helmets with some green fuzzy stuff growing inside them or CBA that smells like fat bastard just wore it takes the piss! Also, kevlar is supposed to have a nominal life span of 10 years. Our helmets are from the '90s and we have flakers from the '70s.
                              Most of this stuff needs to be personal issue just for H&S. If someone finds mushrooms growing out of them after using some of this kit the state could end up with another slew of compo claims

Comment

• Originally posted by F_M View Post
                                There is no H&S in the Reserve when it comes to soft ordinance. The number of times I've been issued sleeping bags with half a forest still in them, helmets with some green fuzzy stuff growing inside them or CBA that smells like fat bastard just wore it takes the piss! Also, kevlar is supposed to have a nominal life span of 10 years. Our helmets are from the '90s and we have flakers from the '70s.
                                Most of this stuff needs to be personal issue just for H&S. If someone finds mushrooms growing out of them after using some of this kit the state could end up with another slew of compo claims
                                There are plenty of things in the DF both PDF and RDF that have a nominal lifespan of X years and the bean counters always find a magical "extension of service life" to keep the things going.

Comment

Working...
                                X