Packing list Battle vest and Backpack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apod View Post
    The Camelbak tube is also easier to operate singlehanded .The source one isnt.Also the source tube doesnt take a CBRN adaptor.
    Bite valve's leak easier. Put enough pressure on the bladder and water will start to leak out. That goes with all bite valves, not just camelbak. Thats why camelbak sell hydrolink valve's which have a little switch on them to help prevent leaking.

Source bladders solve this problem with their built in shut off switch. You would leave the switch off when you need the water and only put it back on when your not going to use it for extended periods.

The Storm valve is a push-pull valve. With a switch to shut off the flow if needed.

The Helix is a light bite valve with a built in shut off as well as a switch for extra security.

Source valves are also at a 90degree angle so they can fit into your mouth easier. And completely circular so that you don't have to bite it at a certain angle like you do with camelbak valves which are oval shaped.

All source valves also have a built in cover that you can but over the valve itself. Preventing dirt from getting all over the surface. There's no point having the inside clean or even having a built in filter if there's going to be a load of dirt over the valve.

Basically the stock source valve is like an improved Camelbak Bigbite, hydrolink and cover rolled into one. Also note that the Camelbak hydrolink on its own is very big compared to the source valve.

What should be noted as well is the fact that water will remain clean for months inside the source bladder as well as not having a rubbery taste.

Originally posted by apod View Post
    Also the source tube doesnt take a CBRN adaptor.
    If it didn't then it wouldn't be the issue hydration system for the US military.
    Last edited by spaceghetti; 27 June 2010, 10:01.

Comment

Originally posted by apod
      You stated before USMC.The US Army uses camelbak IIRC.
      Actually i said:

The Camelbaks currently in use by the US Army are apparently being replaced by Source packs.
      They haven't been fully issued yet as far as i'm aware.

Other users include the Swedes, Italy, Israel, France, and the UK apparently.

The second link has a list of some of the masks that the SOURCE bladders are compatible with.

Comment

Chaps anyone care to post pics / guide to packing out IPLCS. With where pouches are ideally positioned? I've a scan through the pics on this but the one for ARW selection does not have a pic of BV with all pouches on it. eg. admin and 203 pouches.
        "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

When setting up an IPLCS BV your move the admin pouch to the lower left PALS strips.The H.E Grenade pouch goes lower right.M203 goes top left(if worn).Top right should only have your nametag and rank slide loop above that in order to keep your shoulder free for rifle butt placement.
          I posted on this already in the "Good kit/helpfull hints forum".
          Why do you ask? Areb the RDF issued the IPLCS now?
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

No, the song remains the same as Zeppelin sang. IPLCS is not on issue to RDF.
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I am open to correction but I believe students on this years STD NCO course are being requested to draw IPLCS from their parent unit stores as this is on the syllabus ?? Someone on the course could confirm this but iv heard the students were required to bring Patrolpack/daysack as opposed to rocket pouchs so the IPLCS was being temporarily issued for the course!
              Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

When i saw the lads on the standards course in the Curragh earlier in the year they were packing plce gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
                  I am open to correction but I believe students on this years STD NCO course are being requested to draw IPLCS from their parent unit stores as this is on the syllabus ?? Someone on the course could confirm this but iv heard the students were required to bring Patrolpack/daysack as opposed to rocket pouchs so the IPLCS was being temporarily issued for the course!
                  Last years Std Offrs Cse had the same - IPLCS was supposed to be issued for the Course.

Never happened and RDFTA didn't enforce it

Only about 1 or 2 students got it - and that was an Officers Course.
                  Last edited by Docman; 5 June 2012, 02:31.

Comment

So some have it some dont! Sounds like some Cadre have dropped the ball there!
                    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

So some have it some dont! Sounds like some Cadre have dropped the ball there!
                      That's a shock.....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

The vast majority don't. How many we're purchased again? Around the 8 thousand mark wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Docman View Post
                          Last years Std Offrs Cse had the same - IPLCS was supposed to be issued for the Course.

Never happened and RDFTA didn't enforce it

Only about 1 or 2 students got it - and that was an Officers Course.
                          News to me, can RDF draw IPLCS? Any RDF man I know who's managed to get their hands on the BV has borrowed it as a favour. Ah yes this old chestnut being required to bring a patrol pack but having none on issue. I can't get a pair of tac boots issue for a 3 day ex I can only imagine the reaction of asking cadre to issue us BVs.
                          "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman View Post
                            News to me, can RDF draw IPLCS? Any RDF man I know who's managed to get their hands on the BV has borrowed it as a favour. Ah yes this old chestnut being required to bring a patrol pack but having none on issue. I can't get a pair of tac boots issue for a 3 day ex I can only imagine the reaction of asking cadre to issue us BVs.
                            And thats one of the reasons the RDF is ****ED.. all the kit in the world there but nobody willing to go get it/give it out.

Comment

Ive been trying to get tac boots issued for the last two years... despite being on 2 3 week courses during that time (im infantry) I have not been able to get them issued... even resulted in a V senior officer stroking them off my clothing form. I will therefore be turning up for the next 2 weeks of my current course wearing barrack boots or possibly 24Bs at THIS stage.
                              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

You are only entitled to the operational boots etc if the course includes a 72 hour ex.

It is well known in the PDF that up until recently daysacks were not on issue and had to purchased.

Comment

Working...
                                X